Anyone play Daylesford District Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

dazza_vic

Rookie
Aug 30, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey guys.. seems most threads are going on about local comps. Seeing if anyone plays in this comp. Been an avid watcher for a bit but have been o/s for 2 years.

Who are the flag fav's

Gun players??

Overated players????

Lets get this thread crackin hey.....

Hey guys.. seems most threads are going on about local comps. Seeing if anyone plays in this comp. Been an avid watcher for a bit but have been o/s for 2 years.

Who are the flag fav's

Gun players??

Overated players????

Lets get this thread crackin hey.....

To be honest the competition has gone downhill the last couple of years but it is still however a good competitive comp. There are some good youngsters coming thru the ranks with a good local junior program in place.

Flag favourites are probably Korweinguboora however the comp is looking fairly even this year. Expect sides like Colts and Blackwood to be thereabouts!

Gun players include Wayne Robinson, Tom Geddes, Luke & Chris Adams, Darren Harrison, Steve Cowan

Overated definately Chris 'Shooter' Stevens and Mick Courtot!:D

Yeah believe Robbo is getting tired of trying to get Hepburn up all the time. They lost to blackwood over the w/end.

Korweinguboora have been strong for a while.... Remeber Steve Cown belting them around.

Anoyone else know how the other teams are going????

Hey is Shooter the left armer from newlyn?? not bad.. when he can hit the pitch.....

yeh steve cowan is a gun but gettin older and not making as many runs.
chris stevens is not a bad bowler when he hits the pitch as u said dazza

Darren harrison formally known as darren woodward plays for blackwood and is about the only one to count on at balckwood to make runs.

u seem to know most of the players that axelfoley#5 mentioned except tom geddes...never heard of him? plays for colts...the same colts that wayne robinson left 4years ago to play for hepburn, so if hes getting sick of carrying them which he does, then its his own fault. chasing glory.

nah never heard of tom... Colts have always struggled for decent cricketers even up to when sewell and cade o'brien was there. Thats how long ago i've seen a game of ddca cricket. lol

Ahh I see now the whole darren thing. Saw his name in the paper last week. 73 against hepburn. mm not a bad start I think. He won the league batting last year didn't he?? Maybe he might go to Hepburn and chase a premership too LOL....

Luke Adams bowls well. faced him a few times. technically quite good. Has an attititude issue when his brother is around but still not a bad bloke...

Wonder why robbo left. I believe he left Trentham first didn't he. He and Darren played together.

nah never heard of tom... Colts have always struggled for decent cricketers even up to when sewell and cade o'brien was there. Thats how long ago i've seen a game of ddca cricket. lol

Ahh I see now the whole darren thing. Saw his name in the paper last week. 73 against hepburn. mm not a bad start I think. He won the league batting last year didn't he?? Maybe he might go to Hepburn and chase a premership too LOL....

Luke Adams bowls well. faced him a few times. technically quite good. Has an attititude issue when his brother is around but still not a bad bloke...

Wonder why robbo left. I believe he left Trentham first didn't he. He and Darren played together.

Trentham folded for a few years but came back a couple of years ago. So Robbo had to leave and play elsewhere along with the Thomas brothers who all came to the Colts.

yeh robbo and harro did play together

where and when did u face luke?

colts have stuggled but they have always had a few gun cricketers, robbo until he left, shaun kryachek, dennis thomas to name a few.

yeh harro must of batted ok, a left handed that tries to sweep most balls and at this stage is getting away with it......wnt take long before the league figures out it can counter his sweeping batting style by bowling a little different.

i dnt know luke personally but i cnt see what his attitude has to do with his cricketing ability, and have u heard of his brother chris? twice the batsmen luke is

I played against luke a few times in country week. Also believe J. Grant was playing too..

Have colts kept these guns this year?????

Yeah heard harro likes the leg side but he's a leftie so unless your bowling outside off and wider everything is is on the onside.

Heard also he was a bit of a cocky bastard. LOL but have heard whispers that he has decided he wants to captain of a side believe was to be rumored to be blackwood or trentham, therfore has decided to change his ways a bit. Heard from someone that he's all quiet now lol......

About Luke wasn't saying about his cricket ability its just what I have heard from some of his old teammates.

Is Chris playing this year ????

Any results??? from this weekend???

ah yeh fair enough. yeh the couriour 2day has scores.check it out if u can acces one.

chris stevens bowled without a wicket, they played colts and narrowly beat them. i heard colts only had ten players on the day. t geddes made 30 odd and took 3 for not many. steve thomas took 4 for 2o odd also for colts. didnt look much at the other games tho hepburn beat smeaton k'boora had the bye.

i also have always been a supporter of the daylesford district league, i agree with all the good players that have been named, but no one mentioned tim gingall i think thats how u spell it, used to play for colts, and glen justice was a superstar back in his day, i remember watching him when he made 70odd never played a false stroke or looked like going out

Glen Justice... Does he still play??? Was a handy footy player to I remember.

So Newlyn and Blackwood on top..... Go the woodsman.

Hey does anybody know the guy who opens for Newlyn. Been told he looks like the wrestler Rick Flair??? lol

Glen Justice... Does he still play??? Was a handy footy player to I remember.

So Newlyn and Blackwood on top..... Go the woodsman.

Hey does anybody know the guy who opens for Newlyn. Been told he looks like the wrestler Rick Flair??? lol

I think MadDogMiller is taking the piss. Glen Justice is a hack, playin for Trentham now...didnt kno he was a handy footballer???

Hahah yeah thats Jamie Allen, obviously been around the traps and is a very handy player and a great bloke. Dead ringer for Rick Flair...has a leather tan and striking white hair!:D

o'biren from blackwood made a ton and took 5 for. Is that guy any relation to Steve?? Quite handy player by the sounds of it....

Harro not playing last 2 weeks been told. wtf is the go there???

Any other news guys???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

o'biren from blackwood made a ton and took 5 for. Is that guy any relation to Steve?? Quite handy player by the sounds of it....

Harro not playing last 2 weeks been told. wtf is the go there???

Any other news guys???

Yeah thats Steve's son Matt. Not a bad effort for a one dayer! Who knows what the go is there, Harro is a random unit thats for sure.

lol random lol what do u mean by that... Im trying to call a blackwood friend of mine to see what the go is............

lol random lol what do u mean by that... Im trying to call a blackwood friend of mine to see what the go is............

This league is and always will be owned by keysey from smeaton, ponting like with the bat and mcgrath like with the ball, signiture move of riding to the game on horseback

yeh steve cowan is a gun but gettin older and not making as many runs.​

chris stevens is not a bad bowler when he hits the pitch as u said dazza​

Darren harrison formally known as darren woodward plays for blackwood and is about the only one to count on at balckwood to make runs.​

u seem to know most of the players that axelfoley#5 mentioned except tom geddes...never heard of him? plays for colts...the same colts that wayne robinson left 4years ago to play for hepburn, so if hes getting sick of carrying them which he does, then its his own fault. chasing glory.​

Chasing glory??? Played a premiership with Hepburn then nearly another... Colts will never win one ever. The comp has gone downhill dramatically and only Korweingboora can hold their heads high as a good team anf b competitive in other leagues.

Hepburn have lost stalwarts like Olver, Thomas, Purtell and Hallinan in recent seasons. Milsom played and was part of a premiership. It is very hard to replace players of this quality. They have a couple of good young players but it will take some time to recover, if the league survives!!!

Also some of the gun players mentioned!!! Some people need to get out more and play some decent cricket, Dennis Thomas??? He is rubbish.

Well who do you think are guns FlyingDuck???? The league should survive can't see why it wont.... people still wanna play and there are plenty of juniors in the comp...

Well who do you think are guns FlyingDuck???? The league should survive can't see why it wont.... people still wanna play and there are plenty of juniors in the comp...

There are a number of solid cricketers. But Wayne Robinson is the only gun player who would play A grade elsewhere.

wayne robinson the only bloke who would play a grade....haha makes sence. chris adams spent most of last year playing a grade for east ballarat. and his brother luke could too. steve cowan would also be a walk up start.

also james winnard spent a bit of time playing a grade at east. so clearly robbo is not the only one who could play a grade elswhere.

dennis thomas is not rubbish. in my opinion a 'rubbish' cricketer could not ever make a 100. dennis was the first bloke to make a ton at cricket willow.....and if u knew that ground well u would know that u'v gotta be hittin them pretty well to make a score.

I have just done some research....

Darren Woodward/Harrison made 200 at 17 yrs of age.. Youngest ever to make a double.

Believe he hit 3 tons in a row last year 1 of only 3 to EVER do so.

1 hit this year against Robbo 73 not out. ( found he hasn't played since as his wife is sick)

Took ever award last year at Blackwood except the under 21 award (too old)
and the bowling award. (missed it by only 1 wicket)

Can he make it playing A grade. mmm I'd safe to say yes...

Dennis Is good. used to be a slow starter as I remember but I believe he's not very well at the moment.

Keep an eye on O'briens boy at the wooders. Doing some good things. Can't wait to see the korwingie v blackwood game could decide the preimership i reckon...

yeh obrien must be batting allrite. and woodward great acheivment to make a double at 17.

also iv done sum research tom geddes made 139 and took 8/51 when he was 15. second youngest to make a ton in the league only to his uncle ian sartori.

also i dnt think its out of blackwood and k'boora, there are other teams that pose a threat like hepburn, colts and newlyn. will be very close i rekn!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back