Toast Anzac Day Noise

Remove this Banner Ad

magpielicious

All Australian
Apr 29, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
That last quarter noise was insane. Watched the replay on Dolby Atmos and it was crazy. I didn't think the TV replay would generate that sound as 7 usually drown it out. Not this time.
I think on my Apple watch the decibels reached dangerous levels at 121 at the ground. If the Magpie Army keeps that up at the G all year, boy are we in for the ride of our lives.

That last quarter noise was insane. Watched the replay on Dolby Atmos and it was crazy. I didn't think the TV replay would generate that sound as 7 usually drown it out. Not this time.
I think on my Apple watch the decibels reached dangerous levels at 121 at the ground. If the Magpie Army keeps that up at the G all year, boy are we in for the ride of our lives.
Where have they released the replay on Dolby Atmos?

Yes there was

You could feel a win in your bones at that stage

There’s been some talk about the chant at the end of the first quarter.

My friend claims she started it, to show the boys some support when Essendon were doing their faux tough routine. She was sitting behind the goals and it was an instantaneous gesture for her - just felt like the right thing to do.

I was sitting in the members and didn’t understand why the crowd was chanting, but there you go.

I’ve since told her about the reactions I’m reading, and she’s pretty chuffed. She and her family have had a horrible year, so she’s loving the footy at the moment. The Pies are a highlight for them at a pretty bleak time.

I honestly thought the crowd was loudest when the singer belting out the national anthem hit the final refrain on “fair!” and the Roulettes went overhead at the same instant.

Both fanbases going bananas at once.

Great moment.

Yes there was

You could feel a win in your bones at that stage

YES. I travelled down from the Gold Coast for the game with my Mum, a lifelong interstate Pies supporter who had never been to the MCG.

We had spent the 3Q time break feeling pretty bleak but my god, when we started coming back, we knew exactly what was happening. I can’t describe it. I’ll never forget the feeling.

There is definitely a different edge to the Collingwood crowd's noise levels since Fly took over. I think the army feels genuinely connected to the players and the coach. His constant thank you and references to our noise and support is far above anything any previous coach has done. The players are embracing the fan base like never before. The passion and joy is real and has resulted in a truly electric atmosphere at most of our games. I can't imagine what it must be like to be an opposition fan when that chant starts up because no amount of cheering seems to drown it out. It's cringeworthy when the Geelong fans try to mimic our chant with their GEE -LONG GEE-LONG. The three syllable word, Collingwood, is perfect for that extended chant.

Last edited:
100% the crowd was energised.

Even when we were trailing, you could have been mistaken for thinking we were winning.

I have a feeling the Carlton game might go next level as the Blue fans want revenge.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anzac Day proved that collingwood is not only the biggest club in the competition but the loudest club. Seriously we outnumbered Essendon fans by 2 to 1 and Essendon are considered one of the big clubs in the league.

Richmond fans seriously must be so deflated right now. To actually think that they might have been bigger than collingwood is actually quite laughable really.

Richmond might be bigger in Richmond and Ringwood but that is it. Australia wide collingwood is the biggest and actually Essendon and Carlton would have more supporters around Australia than Richmond.

100% the crowd was energised.

Even when we were trailing, you could have been mistaken for thinking we were winning.

I have a feeling the Carlton game might go next level as the Blue fans want revenge.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
What they want and what they’ll get will be different things

Remove this Banner Ad

Back