Artists generally considered good, but you hate

Remove this Banner Ad

i agree; the key difference is that an autechre album sounds interesting. :p

I have no qualms about classifying certain tracks as electronic. idioteque, packt like blahblah, feral etc. all go beyond mere toe-dipping. but i agree, they are still mostly a rock band.
Well funnily enough, Radiohead were my favourite act growing up, and Autechre are my favourite act nowadays.

The King of Limbs doesnt sound like Cosmogramma. Dont get me wrong, I love Cosmogramma, it actually topped my 2010 year-end album list, but King of Limbs sounds distinctly Radiohead. Phil and Colin just went nuts and finally stole the show, it's their rhythm album, thats the only real difference. There is no doubt that there were a range of influences, including Flying Lotus, but it's still not that different to what they have been doing the last 10 years.

Firstly, a lot of the artists mentioned so far I haven't heard of. Who are the Birds Of Tokyo, Fleet Foxes and Hilltop Hoods???? I haven't turned on a radio in about 6/7 years, so I'm assuming they are current artists, because I don't remember those names.

As for 'good' artist I hate, U2 I loathe passionately, Oasis, Powderfinger, Pulp, Blur, and any band from the early '90's manchester scene (Stone Roses, Charlatans etc..) aren't too far behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread needs more foster the people. Dont understand the hype around them

Muse, Radiohead, coldplay, boy and bear

The entire 'indie' genre that consists of foster the people, boy and bear etc. I just cant stand them. bleh

Muse

Always sounded like a two-bit Queen cover band to me. I do not get it. Sort of like Oasis sound like a two-bit Beatles cover band.

Radiohead

I really like Radiohead, but the slavish worship and hype over them is ridiculous. To quote the one and only Ron 'Hitler' Barassi of TISM:

"Radiohead: Redefining the very idiom
That is modern music.
BFW"

Muse

Always sounded like a two-bit Queen cover band to me. I do not get it. Sort of like Oasis sound like a two-bit Beatles cover band.

Radiohead

I really like Radiohead, but the slavish worship and hype over them is ridiculous. To quote the one and only Ron 'Hitler' Barassi of TISM:

"Radiohead: Redefining the very idiom
That is modern music.
BFW"

Brian May loves Muse and considers them to be the best three piece power outfit ever. I agree.
They're nothing like Queen anyway.

Radiohead? Irrespective of whether we like them or not, music needed Radiohead and I for one am thankful that they, and the off-shoot they created, has kept up my interest in music.

I know: Personal opinions.

Aussie:
Gotye
Powderfinger

O/S:
Kings of Leon
Tom Waits
XX
James Blake
Oasis
Libertines
Arctic Monkeys

Generally hate all the crap that came out of the faggy indie "rock" boom of the early 00's.
Stuff like Eskimo Joe, The Killers, Gyroscope, Evermore, Franz Ferdinand, and all that. Hated that era.

Never liked Jet, i know no one does anymore but there was a time when everyone had their shithouse cd on singing along to the poorly constructed bars of Are You Gonna Be My Girl.

Pink. She has a terrible voice, and is the most manufactured pop star around. First she's a bad ass rapper, then she's a girly pop star, then she splits with her husband and releases an album of break up songs, then when that album has finished its cycle she gets back with her husband. Give me a break.

As for just not getting, The Rolling Stones. Don't hate them, just haven't heard a song from them i like. Except maybe Start Me Up thanks to Windows 95.
Coldplay is obvious.
Any of these "bands" nowadays that put out songs that are just a few lines said over and over, on top of what sounds like 80s video game noises and/or ripped off riffs. See that Barbara Streisand song.

Radiohead
Muse
Eric Clapton

Radiohead were fantastic up until and including OK Computer. The electronic stuff was done before and better by Kraftwerk and Massive Attack. Early Radiohead, post Pablo Honey= genius.

Kid A is one of the worst albums I've heard, how can a band that can produce such genius make such pretenious tripe?
Must contain anger....

Brian May loves Muse and considers them to be the best three piece power outfit ever. I agree.

I'd consider these three piece outfits to have Muse covered IMO

[youtube]YdwVVI4B3oY[/youtube]

[youtube]Gfo-2qUOzeE[/youtube]

[youtube]QWrW0j6uOIU&ob[/youtube]

I could add others, but as you said, it is personal opinion :)

I have a feeling that Brian May could have been influenced by the 'strong influence' Muse seemed to have taken from Queen....

No issue whatsoever with people saying they don't like Muse, not everyone's cup of tea. But I don't get why people keep saying they have a strong influence from Queen. It's like they've listened to United States of Eurasia and that's it. Apart from that one song they sound nothing like Queen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back