ASADA case against Essendon hanging by a thread (The Age, 1 Nov 14)

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont believe so. My comments concede my club failed hard but acknowledge there are areas other clubs also needed improvement. The AFl survey and change in AFL policy confirms this
I think you should leave other clubs out of it mxett. You have made your point many times. The problem is the AFL punished your club under the guise of poor governance but they did so because they believed the team had takes banned drugs. They couldn't come out and say that, but that is why the club presidents meeting before the 2013 finals made Little accept the punishment. They all knew their own supplements programs (if they had any) also probably had poor documentation but they were also pretty sure that banned drugs weren't part of them, not at least at a club endorsed level. The AFL's punishment for "poor governance" was more in line with telling them we "were part of the interview process and we know what happened with Dank". These punishments were most likely for use of banned drugs. They were, however, much lighter than what potentially ASADA would impose. At that stage the information the AFL had, suggested that ASADA would not pursue this matter successfully and that is why they put in their own sanctions. Unfortunately for the AFL and Essendon, ASADA thought they had uncovered more evidence than they had imagined possible and from not pursuing the matter, they decided to continue investigating and of course we all know that led to SCNs and the rest.
So that is why the AFL has not done anything about other teams poor governance. It is not because they don't think that other teams have been poor in that area, it is because they don't think it involves banned substances. The substances that guys like Dank, Charters and Alavi handle every day of their working lives. And that is why you should stop highlighting other teams deficiencies in record keeping.

Bullshit.

If I were in a mood to get a red card I'm quite confident I could dredge up and bump better than 500 of your posts which quite directly accuse other Clubs - particularly GC and Melbourne. And another 1000 that insinuate the same.

And you're still doing it.
I wasnt accusing Melbourne or the Suns of cheating, I was showing both clubs did something that again Essendon are getting repeatedly slammed for - allowing Dank him near their players. Yep, Essendon did which was inexcusable, but after hearing that this is proof they were cheating for the millionth time it generates a reaction

I think you should leave other clubs out of it mxett. You have made your point many times. The problem is the AFL punished your club under the guise of poor governance but they did so because they believed the team had takes banned drugs. They couldn't come out and say that, but that is why the club presidents meeting before the 2013 finals made Little accept the punishment. They all knew their own supplements programs (if they had any) also probably had poor documentation but they were also pretty sure that banned drugs weren't part of them, not at least at a club endorsed level. The AFL's punishment for "poor governance" was more in line with telling them we "were part of the interview process and we know what happened with Dank". These punishments were most likely for use of banned drugs. They were, however, much lighter than what potentially ASADA would impose. At that stage the information the AFL had, suggested that ASADA would not pursue this matter successfully and that is why they put in their own sanctions. Unfortunately for the AFL and Essendon, ASADA thought they had uncovered more evidence than they had imagined possible and from not pursuing the matter, they decided to continue investigating and of course we all know that led to SCNs and the rest.
So that is why the AFL has not done anything about other teams poor governance. It is not because they don't think that other teams have been poor in that area, it is because they don't think it involves banned substances. The substances that guys like Dank, Charters and Alavi handle every day of their working lives. And that is why you should stop highlighting other teams deficiencies in record keeping.
Im not saying "whoa is us, why not investigate other clubs". I accept we deserved punishment and Im fine that our example will help clean up the sport in general. I just sick of the repeated claims the entire club are cheats, and the sanctimonious comments which never acknowledge there were some issues league wide, even if they werent close to what Essendon did.

never did, quite the contrary.

Maybe i'm speaking in another language today

Wrong again champ.

Im perfectly happy to concede that Essendon fouled up on an unprecedented level and have deserved what has come their way over the last 2 year, and what is still coming. But if people are going to continue to criticise them, AND THEM ONLY, for things that other clubs have also done then you can GAGF!

You slammed Essendon for not insisting the club doctor document their supplement program. Fine, I agree they should have, and I agree they deserve it. But I dont agree they should cop 2 years of abuse for an area up to 60% of other AFL clubs failed in as well. If you dont like it, stiff.
The implication is quite clear that you think that Essendon should be given a break on this one, or that 60 per cent of clubs be given similar treatment. Of course we don't know which sixty per cent of clubs, but any of them will do. Mmmm.

Im not saying "whoa is us, why not investigate other clubs". I accept we deserved punishment and Im fine that our example will help clean up the sport in general. I just sick of the repeated claims the entire club are cheats, and the sanctimonious comments which never acknowledge there were some issues league wide, even if they werent close to what Essendon did.
The whole club isn't cheats, just 34 of them. Every comment you make you finish of with a cheap shot against another club. The facts remain that essendon are the only club with 34 players currently before the tribunal and who have been kicked out of the finals and fined for poor governance. Hence the reason all the Asada related threads relate to your club!

Wrong again champ.

The implication is quite clear that you think that Essendon should be given a break on this one, or that 60 per cent of clubs be given similar treatment. Of course we don't know which sixty per cent of clubs, but any of them will do. Mmmm.
you've read it that way, but that was not the intention of my posts.
The whole club isn't cheats, just 34 of them. Every comment you make you finish of with a cheap shot against another club. The facts remain that essendon are the only club with 34 players currently before the tribunal and who have been kicked out of the finals and fined for poor governance. Hence the reason all the Asada related threads relate to your club!
quoting an AFL survey is a cheap shot now? Poor clubs :(

you've read it that way, but that was not the intention of my posts.

quoting an AFL survey is a cheap shot now? Poor clubs :(
Nothing about quoting a survey champ!!! But the demons and gold coast were doing it to. Over and over and over again. Yet they aren't at the tribunal or been fined.

Hang on.
We know the CEO,the Head Coach and one of the assistant coaches were taking or wanting substances that were not allowed to be taken by the players.
To then suggest that none of these guys knew and that crazy Danko was going it alone is just sheer madness!.
Many or most in the football dept must have known what was going on.
Bomber and the Doc wanted it shutdown albeit way too late.
So they knew as well!.
If it's proven that the players took non compliant drugs,those higher up the ladder would be presumably awaiting further sanctions than just for governance surely?.

Hang on.
We know the CEO,the Head Coach and one of the assistant coaches were taking or wanting substances that were not allowed to be taken by the players.
To then suggest that none of these guys knew and that crazy Danko was going it alone is just sheer madness!.
Many or most in the football dept must have known what was going on.
Bomber and the Doc wanted it shutdown albeit way too late.
So they knew as well!.
If it's proven that the players took non compliant drugs,those higher up the ladder would be presumably awaiting further sanctions than just for governance surely?.
Youre claiming Bomber and Reid wanted the program shutdown because they knew it included TB4?

Youre claiming Bomber and Reid wanted the program shutdown because they knew it included TB4?
No.
I'm saying they knew something was dodgy.
Reread the Docs letter.
The one where he says "would you knowingly inject your children with these drugs" that don't have the appropriate approvals.Paraphrasing!.
It may have been the case of 'just look the other way,we have it sorted'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read this slowly and twice, "I'm not talking about the surveys" you get it?
my points in the last few days had nothing to do with the Suns or Demons, they were about the information implicated in an AFL survey
No.
I'm saying they knew something was dodgy.
Reread the Docs letter.
The one where he says "would you knowingly inject your children with these drugs" that don't have the appropriate approvals.Paraphrasing!.
It may have been the case of 'just look the other way,we have it sorted'.
Regarding WADA compliance Doc Reid questioned the use of AOD, which he subsequently approved for use. Thompson never said anything about banned substances. So I'm confused how you think their disapproval shows 'they knew as well'. Knew what exactly, that they dissaproved?

my points in the last few days had nothing to do with the Suns or Demons, they were about the information implicated in an AFL survey

Regarding WADA compliance Doc Reid questioned the use of AOD, which he subsequently approved for use. Thompson never said anything about banned substances. So I'm confused how you think their disapproval shows 'they knew as well'. Knew what exactly, that they dissaproved?
And it's not the last few days that everyone are commenting on. For a long times it's been poor us, what about the other teams etc etc. but you stick to your survey if you think it's makes your club look less stupid

Got to love Danks comments in that article about his lawyers taking legal action the moment he receives an infraction notice... Did he forget where the courts are?
Maybe the support person is not dank (mind blown)

In his blog, he quoted extensively from Charter's interview(s), as well as some of the players. He also referenced invoices, emails with the overseas supplier, SMSs, etc.

So yeh, he appeared to have access to a fair bit, certainly more than any of us have seen.

Much more than what you have seen.

But were the majority interested in discovering any of this?

No.

Why not?

Each and everyone of you will need to look in a mirror to answer that one.
Um because many believe he is making it up.

If i am not mistaken she is respected as the most credible journalist with a staggering 37% of the votes.

that statistic is just a representation of the nutcases that post here IMO .... LOL

1. Caroline Wilson (The Age/Footy Classified/Offisders)
    148 vote(s)
    36.8%

2. Chip Le Grand (The Australian)
    32 vote(s)
    8.0%

3. Mark Robinson (Herald Sun/AFL 360)
    20 vote(s)
    5.0%

4. Roy Masters (Sydney Morning Herald/Offsiders)
    8 vote(s)
    2.0%

5. Louise Milligan (ABC - 7.30)
    6 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. *
    Gerard Whately (ABC - Offsiders/AFL 360)
    27 vote(s)
    6.7%

7. Damien Barrett (Footy Show/Footy Classified)
    16 vote(s)
    4.0%

8. Richard Baker (The Age)
    91 vote(s)
    22.6%

9. Nick McKenzie (The Age)
    102 vote(s)
    25.4%

10. Patrick Smith (The Australian)
    20 vote(s)
    5.0%

11. Tim Watson (SEN/Talking Footy)
    8 vote(s)
    2.0%

12. Sam Newman (Footy Show)
    15 vote(s)
    3.7%

13. Kent Brockman (Channel 6 news)
    47 vote(s)
    11.7%

14. Other
    6 vote(s)
    1.5%

15. I trust no one
    54 vote(s)
    13.4%

16. Jon Ralph (Heraldsun)
    5 vote(s)
    1.2%

17. Mick Ellis (SEN/Inside Football)
    9 vote(s)
    2.2%
Surprised that trust no one and Kent brockman rating so low.

Maybe the support person is not dank (mind blown)
pig-flying.png

Just because he has not been prosecuted (due to what appears to be a stuff-up at ASADA's end) doesn't alter the FACT that he won the Brownlow in a season where he was taking a banned drug.

If he had any decency or respect for the other 600 AFL players, he would have given it back as soon as he found out the drug was banned.
A banned drug with no clinical effect according to studies. Yes the intent was obviously to get an advantage (else why bother) it's just that AOD is nothing more than an expensive placebo.

Some of the bits on his blog had also been reported at various times in the media.

It's unlikely in the extreme that he made it all (or any of it) up.

Well, if the media say it, it must be gospel truth, right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back