Player Watch Ash Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Give it a rest.
Be fair jmac. You often criticized Coxy who I have always believed in but I and others never told you to stop giving your opinion about his ability to perform at the standard required of a senior player. I posted my opinion as to why he should play. Shutting down opinions you disagree with defeats the purpose of this forum.

FFS, can some of you just back off. We know he’s playing badly, the club knows he’s playing badly, he knows he’s playing badly. I’m surprised he’s even still at the club after the abuse he copped - from so-called Collingwood supporters. Cowardly, pathetic idiots who’ve never played at his level, made the sacrifices he’s made, and then copped the horrific online abuse that he copped.

It’s affects people. It makes an impact on their lives. That’s where Ash is at. The club is trying to help him through this period, and getting him back into the seniors is probably the least of their concerns at this stage.

Some of you need to grow up and find some humanity.
Twisting the knife when someone's already hurting I don't understand.

Be fair jmac. You often criticized Coxy who I have always believed in but I and others never told you to stop giving your opinion about his ability to perform at the standard required of a senior player. I posted my opinion as to why he should play. Shutting down opinions you disagree with defeats the purpose of this forum.
I’m not shutting down anyone’s opinion. I have no problem with people talking about a player’s form.

What we shouldn’t be doing is speculating on a player’s mental health.

I’m not shutting down anyone’s opinion. I have no problem with people talking about a player’s form.

We often say a player looks disinterested or devoid of confidence and these are both related to attitude and mindset. It's not a malicious attack on the player in question, just an observation from the outside.

I don’t know why we have to spell this out, but apparently we do.

Ash was subjected to horrific racial abuse. I’m not aware of any other of our underperforming players, or those down on form, who were subject to a similar level of racial abuse.

Those of us who are asking for some restraint in the criticism of Ash are doing so in the interests of his mental health, and out of sympathy for what was done to him.

Why is this so hard for some to understand?

Sadly, I think I know why it’s hard.

We often say a player looks disinterested or devoid of confidence and these are both related to attitude and mindset. It's not a malicious attack on the player in question, just an observation from the outside.
Again, no.
People are talking about him needing time away from the game.
Suggesting that he should be dropped from the VFL team.

This is wrong.

What’s crap about it?

We grabbed him from the MSD, given him an opportunity at AFL level and a couple of contract extensions.

I don’t see him getting back to AFL standard at Collingwood.
Things can turn very quickly, he still has many weeks left to get back to form. I can see him being our preferred forward option once he's back in form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s crap about it?

We grabbed him from the MSD, given him an opportunity at AFL level and a couple of contract extensions.

I don’t see him getting back to AFL standard at Collingwood.
You posted a smart arse insult.

You haven’t got a clue what is in his head.
Stop pretending you do.
Of course it’s in his head you peanut.

Footy, like all sport is 90% above the shoulders. Footballers are pretty much equal in terms of physical attributes. What sets them apart is what’s going on in their head. You lose confidence, you get the yips. All of those are mental, not physical issues.

You posted a smart arse insult.

It was designed to be either, get off your high horse.

He doesn’t have any trade value but another club would see the talent and think a fresh environment might bring that out.

Also given he’s contracted for next year, it would be a smart move for both parties.

Of course it’s in his head you peanut.

Footy, like all sport is 90% above the shoulders. Footballers are pretty much equal in terms of physical attributes. What sets them apart is what’s going on in their head. You lose confidence, you get the yips. All of those are mental, not physical issues.
Another expert.

Sorry. Why would we keep him on the list? What has he done in the last season and a bit to prove he is worthy of a list spot? The answer is, NOTHING!!!
He's been good for about 1.5 goals per game as a speculative third tall before this season. He's capable of huge games, like kicking 4 against an elite Melbourne backline in 2022, and has all the athletic tools to be a good footballer. It's pretty obvious

Sorry. Why would we keep him on the list? What has he done in the last season and a bit to prove he is worthy of a list spot? The answer is, NOTHING!!!
He’s got a contract for 2025.

He's been good for about 1.5 goals per game as a speculative third tall before this season. He's capable of huge games, like kicking 4 against an elite Melbourne backline in 2022, and has all the athletic tools to be a good footballer. It's pretty obvious
He's got time, it's a long season and he'll come good

FFS, can some of you just back off. We know he’s playing badly, the club knows he’s playing badly, he knows he’s playing badly. I’m surprised he’s even still at the club after the abuse he copped - from so-called Collingwood supporters. Cowardly, pathetic idiots who’ve never played at his level, made the sacrifices he’s made, and then copped the horrific online abuse that he copped.

It’s affects people. It makes an impact on their lives. That’s where Ash is at. The club is trying to help him through this period, and getting him back into the seniors is probably the least of their concerns at this stage.

Hear! Hear!

Can we please have a new button that can be used to mark a post as "USELESS"

Close the Thread Then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back