Assistant coaches 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I know a lot of people don't rate him that highly, but he successfully reinvented himself as a mid, fwd and back multiple times over the years.

Pretty smart bloke, and could end up a senior coach one day. Good get for the Tigers.
If he is anything like Tarrant who did nothing but impress since he joined the tigers with his professionalism and leadership he’s going to be a fantastic pick up for us

Definitely have no reservations about anyone coming out of north

I've gotta be honest, for where the club's at right now I dont think its a great fit for either party, we're in a transitional period and Ziebell's coming out of the worst AFL program of the past decade. Maybe Brett Ratten recommended him to Yze, thats the only connection I can see.

If he is anything like Tarrant who did nothing but impress since he joined the tigers with his professionalism and leadership he’s going to be a fantastic pick up for us

I’m really hoping that Tarrant remains with the club in some capacity. Impressive individual from what I’ve heard and read

I’m really hoping that Tarrant remains with the club in some capacity. Impressive individual from what I’ve heard and read
Yeah agree with that

Pretty sure Tarrant was still active around the club helping with training drills ect even after he had announced his retirement

Says it all really
Think it would be a really great pick up for our program

I wonder if ziebell can give us some secret tips and intel he learnt while at north
He will teach us how to insert the crowd noise cassette

Go over the stupid ******* soft cap and pay the tax if it's going to give us a competitive edge.
If an afl club did go over the soft cap
They would bet heavily fined or taxed .
If we went over the soft cap
We wouldn't just pay a tax
We would be punished via the fixture
We would be punished via the draft
We would be punished right up the clackers
No vas

No vas
cosmo-kramer-head-nod.gif

I've gotta be honest, for where the club's at right now I dont think its a great fit for either party, we're in a transitional period and Ziebell's coming out of the worst AFL program of the past decade. Maybe Brett Ratten recommended him to Yze, thats the only connection I can see.
Can’t see why the fact he was with North, has anything to do with it. Was a good player that I believe will offer a lot. Time will tell I guess.

I happened to be at the same bar as a North Christmas get together a few years ago. Zeibell not only was keeping the lads in check but was exceptionally lovely. Ben Jacobs and Preuss were quite the characters.

For some reason this night really stuck with me about him. So I'm pretty pleased about getting him as a person and leader.

Last edited:
Go back a decade and you could say the same thing about Chris Newman, and he’s turned out pretty well. There were even a large portion of Tigers on this board who had him as their preferred choice as our new coach.

hes a respected captain , talks really well and I was impressed listening to him , rapt to have him at punt rd and predict a big future for him

Can’t see why the fact he was with North, has anything to do with it. Was a good player that I believe will offer a lot. Time will tell I guess.

Pretty bloody harsh criticism. I agree with you. He stayed with a club all the way through his career. And you don’t get 250+ games at this level without knowing what it’s about.

Good appointment on face value but yes the proof is in the pudding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hes a respected captain , talks really well and I was impressed listening to him , rapt to have him at punt rd and predict a big future for him

He’s scheduled to be on trade radio Monday afternoon with Purple and Jerkins. Be the first time all trade period that that segment is worth listening too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No vas
And considering clubs win flags without doing it ,it would be a gross misuse of club funds

Ziebell is on the open line for trade radio, should call up and ask about our midfield mix and where he sees bakers role lol. Given he is doing work around stoppages

He will teach us how to insert the crowd noise cassette
He can teach our injured players what to do for 2 years whilst on the sidelines before ANNOUNCING THEY HAD ENOUGH. Agree though could be a handy assistant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back