Competitions Closest to the Pin 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Hello all,

The game is pretty simple. In the week leading up to the game, players can submit their predictions on the Tigers first goalscorer, Final Margin and Crowd (rounded). Players will be awarded points according to how close to the actual result they are. At the end of the season, whoever has the highest points wins.

I could swear I already posted this before I went away, we will start this with round 1, maybe round 2 if we don't get enough enteries.

RULES:

Tips can be submitted from 9AM AEST Monday morning, right through until the bounce of the game.

SCORING:

First Goalscorer:

A player shall receive 100 points for correctly tipping the first Richmond Goalscorer. If a player tips a player who kicks the first behind, but not the first goal, the player shall receive 25 points.

For example: If Noah Balta kicks a behind, and Tom Lynch kicks the first goal, everyone who tipped Balta will receive 25 points, and everyone who tipped Lynch would receive 100.

Final Margin and Crowd Number:

A player who correctly tips the exact crowd number or margin shall receive 100 points, and shall lose 10 points for every 1 point they are off the Margin, or 1000 off the Crowd figure.

100 Points: Correct Guess
90 Points: 1 point or 1000 off.
80 Points: 2 points or 2000 off.
70 Points: 3 points or 3000 off.
60 Points: 4 points or 4000 off.
50 Points: 5 points or 5000 off.
40 points: 6 points or 6000 off.
30 Points: 7 points or 7000 off.
20 Points: 8 points or 8000 off.
10 Points: 9 points or 9000 off.

For example: A player tips the margin to be 75 points, and the Crowd to be 24,000, and the margin is 68 points, and the crowd is 29,000, the player would register 30 points for the margin, and 50 points for the crowd, registering a total of 80 points out of a possible 200.

CROWD FIGURE MUST BE ROUNDED TO A WHOLE NUMBER. ANY PLAYER WHO HAS A TIP ENDING IN 500 SHALL HAVE THEIR CROWD NUMBER ROUNDED DOWN, POTENTIALLY COSTING THEM 10 POINTS. THIS HAS THE POTENTIAL TO HAVE PLAYERS REGISTER 0 POINTS FOR CROWD NUMBER.

For example:
If a player tips a crowd 34,500, it will be rounded down to 34,000 and the crowd is 35,000, they shall receive 90 points, but could have had 100.

As a result a player has the opportunity to score 300 points per week.

HOW TO SUBMIT TIPS:

Please copy and paste this template, and fill in accordingly:

Round X
FIRST GOALSCORER:
FINAL MARGIN:
CROWD:

A Player may change their tips, however, in doing so, they must create a new post with their new tips and tag me in it to notify me of the change in this thread. If a player doesn't notify me of the change, the original tips shall stand.

The winner of Closest to the Pin shall receive a badge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back