AUD/USD Exchange

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the favourable conditions that are bring this on?

The US printing heaps of money?
Interest rates here have bottomed?
Yep. Definately the US printing money is a big one. Also Australia is seen as very safe so there'd be a lot of demand for our currency at the moment.

There was that speculation last time the AUD had a charge as well, and we all know it got to 98c then fell down the crapper for 12 months. Quite a few favourable conditions coming back into play though.
Safe to say that adjustment will not occur again.

Latest is 0.87634.

Got ahead of itself then. This time its the US' fault. As Jimmy said Obama has been printing money. Something I'm sure the Gov/Reserve Bank will consider if our $ gets too high.

Should fly now given the interest rate rise, I need the aus dollar to move up strongly against the EUR as me and a couple of mates are going to europe in july. Whats the chances of it being say 70c by then?

Should fly now given the interest rate rise, I need the aus dollar to move up strongly against the EUR as me and a couple of mates are going to europe in july. Whats the chances of it being say 70c by then?

As confident as I was ages ago that the AUD would hit 0.90 USD, I am equally confident that the AUD will not hit 0.70 EUR. It's hovered around 64c a few times in recent years, but it's 9 years since it was 65-66. Currently sitting on 60.5c. Almost 0.56 GBP which is incredible.

I'll give you 1.3:1 on that if you're interested....say within a timeframe of 6 months?

like I said mdc, I didn't want to take your money.

And you were willing to give me 6 months. It only took 1 month.

with another rate rise tipped for November, I'm thinking I might get me 5 in a few weeks time.

and mdc, this is how we would have rolled:

[youtube]-fRaTnpd9mE[/youtube]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you guys pretty confident it will stay up around 90 cents till the end of the year?

I owe someone $5k US that I have to pay by the end of the year

I have enough cash now in aussie dollars to pay, but it would leave me pretty broke... I want to pay as late as possible, but IIRC last year towards december the aussie dollar collapsed down to like 70cents really fast

Are you guys pretty confident it will stay up around 90 cents till the end of the year?

I have enough cash now in aussie dollars to pay, but it would leave me pretty broke... I want to pay as late as possible, but IIRC last year towards december the aussie dollar collapsed down to like 70cents really fast

There is a chance it may ease a little ...personally I'd make the payment now.

I have a payment of 40K US being made to me Dec 10 - so I may be biased in hoping for a 1 or 2 c bounce.

I have a payment of 40K US being made to me Dec 10 - so I may be biased in hoping for a 1 or 2 c bounce.

Moo, the "talk" here amongst those who profess to know is around parity to $1.05 by March 2010.

Not sure I would base my decisions on experts though :)

On the comment of the earlier poster re 70 cents in December 2008, I'd just note that what happened late last year is of zero relevance to this year.

Moo, the "talk" here amongst those who profess to know is around parity to $1.05 by March 2010.

Not sure I would base my decisions on experts though :)

On the comment of the earlier poster re 70 cents in December 2008, I'd just note that what happened late last year is of zero relevance to this year.

I agee with parity ...I'm getting paid out now because of it.

Definitely wait until December. The AUD will continue to rise. Don't listen to people using last years trends as a guide.

Hedge Moo

A$ will always follow interest rate differentials (unless force majeure)

Use Customs House currency brokers

Hedge Moo

A$ will always follow interest rate differentials (unless force majeure)

Use Customs House currency brokers

At the end of the day Frod's it is a few K and my life is too hard at the moment, selling cars and furniture in the ME :p

Not even sure how I would do this ...I don't get the cash until Dec 10 and as I get the cash I literally get my visa stamped and I am on a plane.

At the end of the day Frod's it is a few K and my life is too hard at the moment, selling cars and furniture in the ME :p

Not even sure how I would do this ...I don't get the cash until Dec 10 and as I get the cash I literally get my visa stamped and I am on a plane.

Surely you don't use a bank for forex!!!

Where in ME? I bet you use Emirates to Dubai.

Surely you don't use a bank for forex!!!

Where in ME? I bet you use Emirates to Dubai.

I use a local company Al Rostrami ...pretty competitive on the spot price and next to no fee.

Al Ain in the UAE.

I do fly Emirates 95% of the time, only if there is a big difference in price will I use another carrier.

If it is 1 or 2 K for the family ...I'd rather a direct flight plus Emirates provide drivers over here and that is worth a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back