Australian Cricket Thread No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any chance of him taking North's spot?

Doubt it at 32 years old. If Callum Ferguson comes back well after his ACL surgery, he'd be the favourite for mine. Although, if Klinger keeps making runs, the selectors won't be able to keep on ignoring him.

Didn't help Hodge. :(

Hodge was just one of those really unlucky cricketers that should have played a heap more International cricket than what he did. Same with Siddons and Cox. Still, as long as Hodge is making runs for the VICS, i'm happy. Would be great if the VICS could get the 3-peat this year. SA going to be weakened by no Afridi.

He plays for Victoria thats why. :rolleyes:
If you play for NSW or Vic you already have one foot in the door for the Aussie team
Don't try to tell me there is no bias at the selection table!

If you play for NSW or Vic you already have one foot in the door for the Aussie team

Arseholes. Back in the 80's half the test team were from WA. :rolleyes:

Marcus North and Mike Hussey say hello. I agree with the NSW call, but completely disagree with the VIC call. Aside from Shane Warne, we've barely had a regular VIC in the Test team for years.

The 50 over format is really a dead duck IMO. I don't know why they need to play 5 games each against Pakistan and West Indies, unless of course it's an ICC directive. If they were smart, they'd play 5 20/20 matches, start them at 7pm, and they'd fill just about every ground in Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got the BigBash over here on Saturday Night.

VICTORIA: David Hussey (captain)
Aiden Blizzard
Aaron Finch
John Hastings
Brad Hodge
Jon Holland
Andrew McDonald
Glenn Maxwell
Dirk Nannes
James Pattinson
Rob Quiney
Matthew Wade

White, Siddle, McKay, Bravo and Taylor all miss.

Not sure on the status of Afridi, SACA asked Pakistan for a lend of him, and haven't heard back.

Got the BigBash over here on Saturday Night.

VICTORIA: David Hussey (captain)
Aiden Blizzard
Aaron Finch
John Hastings
Brad Hodge
Jon Holland
Andrew McDonald
Glenn Maxwell
Dirk Nannes
James Pattinson
Rob Quiney
Matthew Wade

White, Siddle, McKay, Bravo and Taylor all miss.

Not sure on the status of Afridi, SACA asked Pakistan for a lend of him, and haven't heard back.

Given that he's the Pakistan vice captain, you might have a tough time hanging onto him numbers. Quite a few outs there, but our side is still pretty strong, particularly with our big hitters in Hodge, Finch, Hussey and Wade. And hopefully Blizzard gets a game - he was made to play 20/20 cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back