Autopsy Autopsy v hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Always been patient with Clarko, but scratching my head at Choms move forward/ruck. Like, was his strategy of moving him back good or bad? Do we plan to just move him forward and into the ruck any time we’re getting whacked? He’s had two AFL games as our key back and all that’s thrown out already?

Or are we devoid of options and ideas? Are we trying to wallpaper over larkey, dursma, zurhar and sellers efforts, or our shithouse F50 entries that give them no chance?

Are we going to * up Choms development like all these other blokes were playing out of position???
Why would we move Chom, the only defender worth a damn, and not mobe Sheezel to where he can cause some damage. Its wild

The Bailey Scott OOTF would have been the worst disposal I’ve seen in at least my last 3 seasons playing amateur football.

I've shifted from disappointed to angry during/after the latest debacle. I thought we'd see progress with the high number of high draft picks we have accumulated, but it appears we are actually worse than last year. Are we officially worse than Fitzroy at their lowest point yet?

How is it possible to look so incompetent against the second worst side in the comp? How can it be that we are always under pressure in possession of the pill, yet the Hawks had no trouble finding players in a paddock of space? How can it be that we can't even execute the most basic of skill elements? There is not even a sense of team structure when I watch us play and most certainly a lack of willingness to do whatever it takes to be competitive, which is unforgivable.

Clarko has to make positional changes and play players where they are at their best and/or contribute the most to the team. McKercher and Scott on the wings and Sheezel in the middle are easy changes to make. Stop wasting people on the HBF when defence is a weakness for them. Time to bring Hardeman and Brayden George in to see what they can do. What's the point of persevering with things that are failing badly? Chom needs to be our permanent CHB to get the most value out of him. Some hard decisions need to be made about which players are going back to the VFL because they are showing they aren't up to AFL standard. We have too many to choose from, but we have to start somewhere.

It is starting to feel like a humiliation to be a North supporter, but you're a supporter for life. We've actually made it worse by trying to make Northball a thing. That's pre season optimism for you. I didn't think that the Shinboner spirit would ever allow our club to be so bad for so long, but here we are, seemingly with no end in sight. I've previously stated that I was sure that the AFL would provide no further assistance because they had already handed out this year's assistance in the form of two end of 1st round picks ( I call them second round picks) that we've already used to attract more crap players. I think we are so bad that I now think there is a possibility that the AFL will come to the realisation that an assistance package consisting of rubbish picks was actually inadequate and that they may yet conclude that they need to provide us with something extra before the 2024 draft, perhaps a mid first round pick. It won't make a great deal of difference, but right now I'd take anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's almost at the point where north members need to adopt a second team to remove the emotional toll... it's tiring.
I have to admit, living in North Brisbane, the introduction of the Dolphins has been my saviour along with the Jack Jumpers.

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've shifted from disappointed to angry during/after the latest debacle. I thought we'd see progress with the high number of high draft picks we have accumulated, but it appears we are actually worse than last year. Are we officially worse than Fitzroy at their lowest point yet?

How is it possible to look so incompetent against the second worst side in the comp? How can it be that we are always under pressure in possession of the pill, yet the Hawks had no trouble finding players in a paddock of space? How can it be that we can't even execute the most basic of skill elements? There is not even a sense of team structure when I watch us play and most certainly a lack of willingness to do whatever it takes to be competitive, which is unforgivable.

Clarko has to make positional changes and play players where they are at their best and/or contribute the most to the team. McKercher and Scott on the wings and Sheezel in the middle are easy changes to make. Stop wasting people on the HBF when defence is a weakness for them. Time to bring Hardeman and Brayden George in to see what they can do. What's the point of persevering with things that are failing badly? Chom needs to be our permanent CHB to get the most value out of him. Some hard decisions need to be made about which players are going back to the VFL because they are showing they aren't up to AFL standard. We have too many to choose from, but we have to start somewhere.

It is starting to feel like a humiliation to be a North supporter, but you're a supporter for life. We've actually made it worse by trying to make Northball a thing. That's pre season optimism for you. I didn't think that the Shinboner spirit would ever allow our club to be so bad for so long, but here we are, seemingly with no end in sight. I've previously stated that I was sure that the AFL would provide no further assistance because they had already handed out this year's assistance in the form of two end of 1st round picks ( I call them second round picks) that we've already used to attract more crap players. I think we are so bad that I now think there is a possibility that the AFL will come to the realisation that an assistance package consisting of rubbish picks was actually inadequate and that they may yet conclude that they need to provide us with something extra before the 2024 draft, perhaps a mid first round pick. It won't make a great deal of difference, but right now I'd take anything.
you conveniently haven't mentioned our forward woes because playing larky as 1st banana with zero contested marking ability with no support whist the entries are all bombs is never gonna work,

Who do we actually beat this year with the way we are playing??
Look ok I’m sure we pinch a couple but I don’t see us getting off the bottom this year.
I had high hopes (6 to 8 wins ) for this year but in the space of 6 weeks, I’m done.
I haven’t missed watching a game since 2018 and been a supporter since 1990, next week I think I’ll find something else to do.

Few things I would do as most of us would.
Drop McDonald. Would prefer to get games into Hardeman
Fisher.. see above. Or small forward, clarko, we need one of those mate.
Stephens, go play some vfl. Scott I’d do the same but think putting him back on the wing would help.
Centre square set up. Think this is on clarko and co to fix but every week the midfield gets dominated and we constantly have the same starting group. Does my head in.
Sheez.. get him out of the back line, forward mid with a license to go wherever the effing hell he wants. Want him to be involved in 60% of centre bounces.
Simpkin - either he plays as a mid or goes and plays vfl for mine, just hasn’t seemed himself all year. Actually thought he showed slightly more today though. If I had to choose between our 2 captains, it’s Jye every week.
Charlie Laz - just give him games, has impacted the last 2 weeks and keeps going all game. Sure not the most skilled but can’t question his commitment. Would love more players to show it.
LDU - would be my favourite player over the last few years but geez he just hasn’t lived up to expectations this year, honestly think he is carrying something.
Zurhahahahhaha can go to any other club, totally fraud. Brayden George and Eddie Ford please.
Corr - the less said the better.. when is his contract up..
Tucker.. can you tag? You don’t seem to be good at anything else.

It actually frustrates me how negative this post is but the way this team is playing, I just can’t help it.
I’m done watching this team for the year, I’ll check back in to see who we draft and ultimately ruin again next year.

Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back