Certified Legendary Thread Awkward Flirting Stories

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well my Sunday date wasn't awkward so nothing to report, maybe I'll be luckier with a AFS with the same girl on Friday!
I'm extremely happy when my dates don't come anywhere near AFS territory!

But for our sake here's hoping that you have a decent story to share!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Okay, I am back. I am back to tell you a tale of idiocy. Star: Myself.

So, I'm out Friday night, just enjoying life. Went out with Uni Friend - Male (UM), Uni Friend Female and her 2 friends. Now, we are drinking, dancing and all around having a good time. It hits 12.30 and Uni Friend Female and her 2 friends head off. Lame.
Anyway, so it is just me and UM continuing to drink and dance and enjoy ourselves. About 30-45 minutes later a group of 3 girls and 1 guy walk over to us and one girl starts chatting to my mate, so I'm left talking to the other 2 girls, one of whom I saw watching me earlier (7/10, Mary) and her friend (8/10, Calypso). Now this other bloke with the girls was a good dude and tells me "You should have a crack at Calypso". But a minute later they have gone outside, so me and my mate go and grab a couple of drinks and head outside as well, and we continue talking to them.
Now, they are saying they have to go, it's about 2am by this point. Mate's phone was flat, so I gave her his number from mine (Ultimate Wingman). Now, as she is leaving Mary says to me "So... I guess I will never see you again" to which I just reply "I guess not... Catchya".

Only really occurred to me a little while later that I should have got her number.

Not only that but you missed a perfectly good opportunity to make out with your mate /radiojake

Calypso is a very sexy name imo.

Calypso is the name of the evil black rasta chick in Pirates of the Caribbean, Jimmy must've had the beer goggles on to rate her an 8/10.

Tia-Dalma-tia-dalma-26994075-800-520.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had my first successful tinder encounter :)
you youngan's have it so easy these days

back in my day we had to actually talk to women :(

They were. Hence them not being the main part of the story. Or, even remotely important.
BRIAN: There was this man, and he had two servants.

ARTHUR: What were they called?

BRIAN: What?

ARTHUR: What were their names?

BRIAN: I don't know. And he gave them some talents.

EDDIE: You don't know?!

BRIAN: Well, it doesn't matter!

ARTHUR: He doesn't know what they were called!

BRIAN: Oh, they were called 'Simon' and 'Adrian'. Now--

ARTHUR: Oh! You said you didn't know!

BRIAN: It really doesn't matter. The point is there were these two servants--

ARTHUR: He's making it up as he goes along.

you youngan's have it so easy these days

back in my day we had to actually talk to women :(
You still do, just not in person. As someone who was out of the dating scene for 15 years and arrived back on it last year...never so much success has been had, and I thank technology. The pity is that I cannot contribute to this thread in a meaningful way.

Haven't used Tinder but have seen some friends flick through it and have dates through it -

I think it's a bit weird, personally...
Are you sure your mates weren't on grindr?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

maybe? i don't know..

EDIT:

Har - I just looked up what that is - You're a regular comedian

To be honest I don't remember any of my gay friends talking about using their phones to pick anyone up - It's all been my straight friends (girls and guys) who I've seen either using it or talking about dates they've been on from it) -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back