Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Look I hate even saying this, and I would never agree to it if I had a choice. But Hawks are chasing Bailey, apparently dogs have an offer for Holmes that I hope just never gets considered. Hawks have an early 1st. Cats have a later first. Hopefully they're too angry to work the rest out and Holmes signs long term.

Sounds civil. No deal!

More unlikely than likely. Perkins is where your leaning ATM.
Seems legit enough. Off field issues/ACL played a part? Or do you reckon we just rate Perkins as a better investment?

As you say, we've got a similar player to Smith in Holmes already, where as Perkins is that different style of mid who plays in bursts and can rest forward.

On the other hand, Hawks have already got that player in Newcombe, but probably need some speed through the guts which Smith would help with (as would Days inclusion)

If the the Hawks are happy handing over a top 3 pick this year for Smith and our F1 then great. I would guess it’s more likely the Hawks split their pick and there’s nothing going with Smith.
It's a pick between 10-20
Seems legit enough. Off field issues/ACL played a part? Or do you reckon we just rate Perkins as a better investment?

As you say, we've got a similar player to Smith in Holmes already, where as Perkins is that different style of mid who plays in bursts and can rest forward.

On the other hand, Hawks have already got that player in Newcombe, but probably need some speed through the guts which Smith would help with (as would Days inclusion)
Perkins has that match winning break the lines quality. He's also a very good kick. You could play him forward or in the middle. Baz actually wants to play more inside/outside than strictly outside. We definitely need break away speed from a stoppage as well as somebody to give the ball to streaming forward. Breaks up the sameness a little bit of the midfield group. Day is our best player who is leaving a huge hole we can't fill ATM.

Someone agreed to trade you pick 4 for 23 and a future first?

Can your list manager renegotiate my home loan for me?

You mean the list manager that gives long term contracts to guys like macrae and daniel and lobb and recruiters plodders like harmes? Im not sure you want him renegotiating your home loan.

Sanders was a good deal but asides from that most of their deals arent great.

You mean the list manager that gives long term contracts to guys like macrae and daniel and lobb and recruiters plodders like harmes? Im not sure you want him renegotiating your home loan.

Sanders was a good deal but asides from that most of their deals arent great.
I'd clog this thread up with how utterly absurd this comment is, but it's not appropriate given the thread is actually about Bailey Smith.

However, If you think Sam Power is an inadequate list manager then your understanding of list management is non-existent.

Bulldogs CEO Ameet Bains joined AFL Nation prior to the Dogs’ Round 5 clash with Essendon and was asked whether Smith had given any indication of his future.

“No,” Bains replied succinctly.

anyone heard this interview?

If the the Hawks are happy handing over a top 3 pick this year for Smith and our F1 then great. I would guess it’s more likely the Hawks split their pick and there’s nothing going with Smith.
Jeez that one could bite us in the ass hard, a collapse next year could see us giving up Baz and a top 6 pick for pick 3.
Next years first has to be completely off the table.

Jeez that one could bite us in the ass hard, a collapse next year could see us giving up Baz and a top 6 pick for pick 3.
Next years first has to be completely off the table.

thats the luck of future picks, bulldogs could win the flag next year and is baliey smith and pick 20 for pick 5 or 6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see how you guys get a mid first rounder to trade for him. Are there players on your list that you think you'll be trading?

No one would pay a 1st Rounder for a Player coming of an ACL

No one would pay a 1st Rounder for a Player coming of an ACL
Weird statement considering you just paid a first rounder and more for a b-grader in Shultz.

Geelong, Hawthorn, & Collingwood will all pay a first round pick for him.

Whether it's a smart investment is a different question, but it'll happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back