Multiplat Baldur's Gate III

Remove this Banner Ad

Bought this on Xbox when it dropped and my head immediately exploded

a few false starts, some reading and I am starting to get the hang of this but I have also decided to play as a lore bard

getting my head around the optimal way to deal with the way skills work with the rest system is still a WIP but its a lot of fun

requires way more thinking than your standard action RPG

Bought this on Xbox when it dropped and my head immediately exploded

a few false starts, some reading and I am starting to get the hang of this but I have also decided to play as a lore bard

getting my head around the optimal way to deal with the way skills work with the rest system is still a WIP but its a lot of fun

requires way more thinking than your standard action RPG

Definitely don't stress about this. I don't know of anyone who picked it up straight away (besides those who have spent years in the Early Access) and if you flick back through here you'll see everyone has had the same experience. This game can be brutal at the start and don't even be afraid to play on easy. It has a massive learning curve. The entire first Act is really a glorified tutorial but I still didn't feel comfortable until super deep into Act 2. I'm still seeing and reading things on Youtube and stuff that I had no idea of. This is the kind of game where people will be finding new ways to play it years down the track.

Definitely don't stress about this. I don't know of anyone who picked it up straight away (besides those who have spent years in the Early Access) and if you flick back through here you'll see everyone has had the same experience. This game can be brutal at the start and don't even be afraid to play on easy. It has a massive learning curve. The entire first Act is really a glorified tutorial but I still didn't feel comfortable until super deep into Act 2. I'm still seeing and reading things on Youtube and stuff that I had no idea of. This is the kind of game where people will be finding new ways to play it years down the track.
stuff like spell slots and short v long rest with needing supplies is making me really be like i can't use that now what if I need it later lol

tactics like blocking a choke point with furniture

splitting your party up before combat and moving them to different areas

the dreaded run into combat where my bard is at the front and my fighter is a full move behind them 🤦‍♂️

stuff like spell slots and short v long rest with needing supplies is making me really be like i can't use that now what if I need it later lol

Don't be afraid to spam long rests. I did for a long time because I was worried about running out of supplies. Then as a sorcerer I was too scared to use my best spells unless I really had to because I was too worried about having to long rest again lol. So I was purposely making it hard for myself.

Also quick save spam. Move 10 steps, save. Before opening something or talking to somebody, save. After doing anything, save lol. About to roll.... save. s**t roll? Quick load and convince yourself you aren't save scumming 😆

Don't be afraid to spam long rests. I did for a long time because I was worried about running out of supplies. Then as a sorcerer I was too scared to use my best spells unless I really had to because I was too worried about having to long rest again lol. So I was purposely making it hard for myself.

Also quick save spam. Move 10 steps, save. Before opening something or talking to somebody, save. After doing anything, save lol. About to roll.... save. s**t roll? Quick load and convince yourself you aren't save scumming 😆
oh man playing without save scum in this game
brutal

yeah i need to rest more its just a mechanic im not used to

For a long time I just assumed I couldn't save mid conversation. When I found out I could.... oh boy.
yeah look i have assumed you cant save mid convo or mid interaction where there are multiple skill checks
and raged

yeah look i have assumed you cant save mid convo or mid interaction where there are multiple skill checks
and raged

More often than not I accepted the roll but there was one instance where the outcome was something I simply couldn't accept and may have sat here for half an hour or so trying to roll a 20...

Scrounge everything food wise in Act 1 and long rest plenty. Story happens at camp

Only 1 quest is time sensative with long rests and they are very obvious to point it out

One mildly annoying aspect is because the enemy levels don't scale with you, knowing the order to do things relative to your power is kind of frustrating. A few things I've stumbled across and been stomped and had to come back later, and never quite sure what quest line to follow next with multiple threads going.

One mildly annoying aspect is because the enemy levels don't scale with you, knowing the order to do things relative to your power is kind of frustrating. A few things I've stumbled across and been stomped and had to come back later, and never quite sure what quest line to follow next with multiple threads going.

Most RPGs that don’t scale are like that though, aren’t they? I remember walking into a cave in Skyrim and getting absolutely obliterated and being like ‘nope, not yet’

It’s the fun of figuring out where you can and can’t go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How handy is that... Can't remember what decision it was... But I was like s**t... What if I get it wrong... Can I save?... 😯😯 I can!!!

It was a game changer for me because straight after I found out you could save mid convo I also found out you could swap characters too. So if things looked like they were going to go south I'd start positioning my party ready for combat.

It was a game changer for me because straight after I found out you could save mid convo I also found out you could swap characters too. So if things looked like they were going to go south I'd start positioning my party ready for combat.
Oh... I didn't know that bit 🤔 Ty 😉

Dark urge is great. I'm early into chapter 3... I have played way to much the last month or so... Surprised the Mrs hasn't got shitty.. prob glad I'm leaving her alone

I’m really looking forward to the dark urge.
Going to do it as my honour mode run. Tossing up between a halfling sword bard or half orc paladin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m really looking forward to the dark urge.
Going to do it as my honour mode run. Tossing up between a halfling sword bard or half orc paladin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I started with the innocent but evil halfling... But ended up starting again cos I wanted an evil sexy ****... So went Drow 😳

wait 100+ hours for one play through

dang

A lot of failed battles and reloaded saves. I made the stupidest mistakes in my run so would often need to go back and fix s**t.

I can’t wait for the next Larian game as I’ll hopefully be a little more competent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back