Ballarat FL 2010 - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Football League 2009 (part 2)

Could someone please tell me who is running the BalFL, Rod Ward or the sports coach at St Pats College. The Marsh, who are obviously struggling, took another hit when 2 of their players, TAC listed and playing good football, were told they could not play with the Marsh this week due to St Pats playing a Grand Final THE FOLLOWING WEEK. How precious are these dicks !

Could someone please tell me who is running the BalFL, Rod Ward or the sports coach at St Pats College. The Marsh, who are obviously struggling, took another hit when 2 of their players, TAC listed and playing good football, were told they could not play with the Marsh this week due to St Pats playing a Grand Final THE FOLLOWING WEEK. How precious are these dicks !

Add to that the fact that they have played at the Marsh all through their juniors. AAARRRGGGHHHHHH !!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Add to that the fact that they have played at the Marsh all through their juniors. AAARRRGGGHHHHHH !!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Who told them they can't play, the BFL or St Pats?

If it was St Pats, then who cares, play anyway, doubt there is a law.

Marsh need all the help they can get, disgrace last week.

Private School footy and TAC come ahead of any club football. If they are playing APS or whatever they don't play TAC,

Private School footy and TAC come ahead of any club football. If they are playing APS or whatever they don't play TAC,

Dead right. I can't believe that people are questioning why players are not playing for Bacchus Marsh (after they have already played a game mid week) so they are prepared for a school grand final ON THE MCG where EVERY AFL CLUB WILL HAVE TALENT SCOUTS IN ATTENDANCE. All about the club not about the best interests of the player isn't it. No wonder Bacchus Marsh have a mortgage on bottom position on the ladder. Maybe people should take up their gripe with the parents for choosing to send their kids to St. Pats. After all, Bacchus Marsh high school would be a far better stepping stone to an AFL career. What a joke of a club.

i heard it was a club imposed suspension for being out on the piss until 3 am last friday
torn oblique, can hardly walk. the only thing the club imposed was making him sit out for his own good for a change rather than playing through injury as he always does. getting his body right is a priority and he will stay out until it is right. check your sources.

torn oblique, can hardly walk. the only thing the club imposed was making him sit out for his own good for a change rather than playing through injury as he always does. getting his body right is a priority and he will stay out until it is right. check your sources.

lol if it was Ben!

Nth City 3.23 d Sebas 1.13

i couldnt make that game today, can someone please send me the DVD

Nth City 3.23 d Sebas 1.13

i couldnt make that game today, can someone please send me the DVD

it was very scrappy rain and a few easy shots missed on up east end a sebas player marked it top of goal square not goal line hooked it and missed a goal ya would kick on a dry day another one not sure who it was tried to soccer it off the ground near the goal line and hit the post lol

North city kicked 0.8 to 0.3 at Qt Ht 1.12 to 1.6. 3qt 1.20.26 to 1.8.14
least it wasnt muddy likes other grounds are at the moment with so much rain last few weeks .

haha would appreciate the humour there. take my word KA. sunba boys looking sharp, #17 wouldve had 40+ possessions ..... rate him ur best midfielder by far.

Milward is a jet - but so too is Jessie Smith. 2 very good hard at it mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another disappointing loss for south which is another year gone begging. Are they the greatest underachievers on potential in the league or is Darley, Lakers, East Point the greatest?

Some interesting points and good discussion on the previous thread about the lack of support for clubs from the BFL & VCFL. People don't have time to volunteer and the huge costs involved in running a club are killing country football.

Not often I agree with KA but I see some merit in the goldfields league. In my opinion I would like to suggest having a further division for the ballarat clubs in the proposed superleague and leaving the eastern block sides to form a new league. When we play eastern block sides there is no interest either from their clubs or ours in travelling etc. and a new senior, netball & junior structure in the 3 divisions would bring in huge crowds and reinvigorate interest

i heard it was a club imposed suspension for being out on the piss until 3 am last friday

Hahahaha... you obviously don't know the great man... I can recall him kicking 11 goals Against St Kevins after finishing up at about 6am at the Hut, 2 hours kip a Chris Mew, couple of panadols... and away he goes.

Suspension for necking.... please.

Not sure if anyone has seen the courier article about umpire abuse today. If they pay 20 to 30 50m penalties a game to stop abuse it wont work. It would get the crowd and players even more frustrated - potentially causing more abuse.

They hit it on the head when the spirit of football should be administered by umpires which in my opinion isnt adhered to enough. every player knows when they have given away a deserved 50m penalty or free kick and cop it on the chin. Its the soft one's that have no affect on the game which starts the trend.

Hope this weekends games aren't ruined.

Not sure if anyone has seen the courier article about umpire abuse today. If they pay 20 to 30 50m penalties a game to stop abuse it wont work. It would get the crowd and players even more frustrated - potentially causing more abuse.

They hit it on the head when the spirit of football should be administered by umpires which in my opinion isnt adhered to enough. every player knows when they have given away a deserved 50m penalty or free kick and cop it on the chin. Its the soft one's that have no affect on the game which starts the trend.

Hope this weekends games aren't ruined.
The standard of the BFL has dropped in recent years (the BFL are kidding themselves if they think interleague results make them the no 2 ranked league, but that’s another story). But the standard of umpiring in the BFL has declined to a joke standard. It is just laughable.
One game I saw recently they paid a free kick at almost every contest, they just make stuff up for whatever reason. It was equally bad for both teams.
One word of advice to the little precious ones, GET BETTER AND MORE CONSISTENT, threatening to pay 20 to 30 50m penalties a game is just showing how out of touch you are.
Just show up, pay the obvious, be fair, don’t invent stuff, and everyone will be happy.

The standard of the BFL has dropped in recent years (the BFL are kidding themselves if they think interleague results make them the no 2 ranked league, but that’s another story). But the standard of umpiring in the BFL has declined to a joke standard. It is just laughable.
One game I saw recently they paid a free kick at almost every contest, they just make stuff up for whatever reason. It was equally bad for both teams.
One word of advice to the little precious ones, GET BETTER AND MORE CONSISTENT, threatening to pay 20 to 30 50m penalties a game is just showing how out of touch you are.
Just show up, pay the obvious, be fair, don’t invent stuff, and everyone will be happy.
In 1997 the VCFL and BFL decided to appoint a full time umpires General Manager (Mark Gray). This was not only to improve the number of umpires but also improve the standard of umpiring.

Does this appointment still exist, and if it does has it achieved its objectives.

Looking at the BUA website there seems to be no updating happening, maybe like most football administrators, once they get into these positions its like retirement.

In 1997 the VCFL and BFL decided to appoint a full time umpires General Manager (Mark Gray). This was not only to improve the number of umpires but also improve the standard of umpiring.

Does this appointment still exist, and if it does has it achieved its objectives.

Looking at the BUA website there seems to be no updating happening, maybe like most football administrators, once they get into these positions its like retirement.

yes Mark Gray is still in that position don`t know what good it is doing though i think the umpiring dept is very poorly run and he is not really worth the money he is getting paid

yes Mark Gray is still in that position don`t know what good it is doing though i think the umpiring dept is very poorly run and he is not really worth the money he is getting paid
With the VCFL spending $500,000 on umpire development and Ballarat FL spending $40,000 on the position of Umpire General Manager, when can we expect some improvement in the standard of umpiring.

Also can someone tell me why aren't the umpire appointments listed on their website.

With the VCFL spending $500,000 on umpire development and Ballarat FL spending $40,000 on the position of Umpire General Manager, when can we expect some improvement in the standard of umpiring.

Also can someone tell me why aren't the umpire appointments listed on their website.

Best umpiring display in BFL matches I have seen at the Lakers V Darley match on the weekend. Didn't notice them at all which meant players & supporters were able to enjoy a good contest. well done.

Best umpiring display in BFL matches I have seen at the Lakers V Darley match on the weekend. Didn't notice them at all which meant players & supporters were able to enjoy a good contest. well done.
Agree 100%, the best umpiring we have had for years. Hopefully they can keep it up.

However they were not BUA umpires.

How did the other games go?

Agree 100%, the best umpiring we have had for years. Hopefully they can keep it up.

However they were not BUA umpires.

How did the other games go?

Guys, thanks for the positive feedback. A ripper game indeed with the two point margin. Two teams very hard at the contest all day. We don't need to blow our whistle at every contest. The players are the spectacle.....on the day we just let 'em play footy.

A few things I have to ask BFL people out there (more specifically Sunbury, BM, Darley and the two Melton teams)..how have the Riddell Umpires gone this year? Do we umpire differently to our collegues in Ballarat?

Ballarat area supporters- how have you found the Riddell umpires when you have travelled east?

Lakers people...how has the player who went down with the knee in the last quarter pulled up? Gone for the year? Reco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back