Remove this Banner Ad

fake tyrone

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Warrington Wolves, ACF Fiorentina
I made a cash deposit at my local branch the other week and usually I see the money added to my account the same day I made the deposit (in the evening) or the following day. However, after four days the money I deposited did not surface in my account so I went to the branch and asked about it. After some discussion they told me they would look into it and that they would call me back within an hour or two. They didn't call and now it is the weekend and my money is still missing.

I have never had any issues with depositing cash via the ATM before so it's a bit out of the ordinary for them to suddenly lose my money and I was wondering if for whatever reason the situation isn't resolved, what courses of action are available to me?

Yes I kept the receipt. I showed it to them on Friday and they took it and unfortunately I don't have it anymore as one of the staff wandered off with it. I forgot to ask for it back.

Lol
NEVER hand over the receipt.
Show them. Or give them a copy of it.
You now have nothing
I would walk in. Ask to see the manager and tell them you want to close your account and would like all your money as you are changing banks due to their stupidness and treatment of you as a customer.

I work for a bank.
Go back in and tell these *ers, the time and date you made the deposit. Point out the teller as well.
When a bank closes at the end of the day, they balance their teller drawers so that the deposits and withdrawals should all match up and there is no surplus or shortage in the cash the bank holds. If there is a difference at the end of the day, it is a big deal and they have to keep recounting or go back through all transactions until they find the cause of the discrepancy.
Regardless of whether you've kept your receipt, they all have electronic journals that detail what transactions were made.
For these arseholes not to get back to you is disgraceful.
Get back in there and demand to see the Bank Manager and get this sorted.
Side question, what bank is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back