Banter Banter thread Part 1 - Opposition fans welcome - let's have fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic park was very much a no go zone for opposition.

We went where we wanted of course.
Strength in numbers.
Very true, you guys were like wild lions in the jungle.... By "wild" I mean feral, by "lions" I mean feral and by "jungle" I mean feral...

Would have loved to have gone, but by the time I was going to the footy regularly Carlton didn't play there.

it was ok at vic park as long as you avoided the grandstands, the outer, the social club, behind the stands, the kick to kick on the ground, vic park station, and the surrounding streets.

otherwise no problem.

Windy hill was feral but it had nothing on vic park. I got thrown out in my 1st visit to Victoria park and never went back. i reckon there are war zones that were safer than vic park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it was ok at vic park as long as you avoided the grandstands, the outer, the social club, behind the stands, the kick to kick on the ground, vic park station, and the surrounding streets.

otherwise no problem.

Always a wise policy never to wear your own club's garb there.

The trip back to the train station, especially if the away mob won, was every bit as harrowing.

Apparently Moorabbin was no picnic either. That Animal Enclosure.

Never had a problem there....The tram on the way back was another matter....Fights & ejections were common.

Apparently Moorabbin was no picnic either. That Animal Enclosure.

Went there a couple of times with my uncle who is a huge St.Kilda supporter.
Awesome to experience the atmosphere there, and I certainly learnt alot of new words from my visits there.

Went there a couple of times with my uncle who is a huge St.Kilda supporter.
Awesome to experience the atmosphere there, and I certainly learnt alot of new words from my visits there.
Got to love those things that teach you new vocabulary.

John Elliot taught me the expression 'pigs arse!'

True story, in about 2008 I was at some cheapo joint in Chinatown and one of the things on the menu was, well, spicy pig colon. We'd all had a few and so I asked the waiter why they hadn't called simply called the dish 'The Jack Elliot'.

She had no clue what I was going on about.

Got to love those things that teach you new vocabulary.

John Elliot taught me the expression 'pigs arse!'

True story, in about 2008 I was at some cheapo joint in Chinatown and one of the things on the menu was, well, spicy pig colon. We'd all had a few and so I asked the waiter why they hadn't called simply called the dish 'The Jack Elliot'.

She had no clue what I was going on about.

Speaking of Jack, the number of times I saw him in the social club after a game with red wine spilled on his shirt/tie/jacket was something to see. He bailed me up at the bar once and he "spoke" to me for about 15 minutes. Barely understood anything he was saying.

Speaking of Jack, the number of times I saw him in the social club after a game with red wine spilled on his shirt/tie/jacket was something to see. He bailed me up at the bar once and he "spoke" to me for about 15 minutes. Barely understood anything he was saying.
Sound eerily similar to Sheeds these days. The glass of red plonk is almost fused with his hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back