Multiplat Batman: Arkham Knight

Remove this Banner Ad

The DLC has been lackluster so far. I think i wasted $50. Only 20 min story packs and AR challenges.

Bugger, saw there was quite a bit there on the PSN so I thought the season pass would be worth it/good value. :drunk:

Bugger, saw there was quite a bit there on the PSN so I thought the season pass would be worth it/good value. :drunk:

So far its been s**t, still more to come and hopfully a full lenght DLC story. But right now it would be hard to say its good value if it was only $30. Let alone what they are charging

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/10/...nt page)&utm_content=4&utm_campaign=Spotlight

BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT TO GET BATMAN V SUPERMAN DLC
Night of Justice.
BY WESLEY COPELAND Batman v Superman DLC is coming to Batman: Arkham Knight.

The movie tie-in pack will be available from November and comes with a Batman v Superman-themed batsuit and batmobile.

Batman Arkham Knight: Tumbler Batmobile DLC
06:56

The news comes via the Warner Bros. forums, where a layout of what’s coming to season pass owners and prospective buyers between now and the end of the year was revealed. Most notably, coming in December, is the Season of Infamy: Most Wanted Expansion, which sees missions that feature Killer Croc, Mister Freeze, Mad Hatter, and Ra’s Al Ghul.

"In December, the Season of Infamy: Most Wanted Expansion will appear in your Gotham City, with each one approximately the similar length as the Most Wanted missions in the main game," reads the post on the Warner Bros. forum.

"Mad Hatter is playing a sinister mind-game with Batman, and GCPD’s finest are the pawns. Killer Croc has escaped from his maximum security cell and is wreaking havoc on a crashed airship. The League of Assassins has returned to Gotham City, but what is their motive and who is in charge? And Mister Freeze may be closer than ever to completing his life’s work… but at what cost?"

The full list of what’s coming and when, is as follows:

October

• Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile Pack
  • Batmobile Track #1: Batcave Set
  • Batmobile Track #2: Penguin’s Dockyard
  • Classic TV Series Catwoman Skin
  • Classic TV Series Robin Skin
  • 1970s Batman Themed Batmobile Skin
  • Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #3
  • AR Challenge: Chemical Reaction
  • AR Challenge: Stage Fright
  • AR Challenge: Cauldron Speedway TT
  • AR Challenge: Guardians
  • AR Challenge: Precinct
  • AR Challenge: Vertigo
  • Free Updates
  • Character Selection in AR Combat Challenges
  • Optional Hard difficulty in AR Combat and Batmobile Combat Challenges
November

• 2016 Batman v Superman Batmobile Pack
  • 2016 Batman v Superman Batman Skin
  • 2016 Batman v Superman Batmobile
  • Wayne Tech Pack
  • Track #1: Proving Ground
  • Track #2: Waynetech Loop
  • Arkham Episode: Catwoman’s Revenge
  • Includes 1 story mission and 2 AR challenge maps
  • Arkham Episode: A Flip of a Coin, starring Robin
  • Includes 1 story mission and 2 AR challenge maps
  • Arkham Episodes AR Challenge Update including maps from GCPD Lockdown
  • Robin and Batmobile Skins Pack
  • Robin Themed Batmobile Skin
  • Original Tim Drake Robin Skin
  • Riddler Themed Batmobile Skin
  • Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #4
  • AR Challenge: Clockwork
  • AR Challenge: Credit Crunch
  • AR Challenge: High Flyers
  • AR Challenge: Quarantine
  • AR Challenge: Wild Cat
  • AR Challenge: Divine Intervention
  • Free Update
  • Character Selection in AR Invisible Predator Challenges
December

• Season of Infamy: Most Wanted Expansion
  • Mission: Beneath The Surface (Killer Croc)
  • Mission: In From the Cold (Mister Freeze)
  • Mission: Wonderland (Mad Hatter)
  • Mission: Shadow War (Ra’s Al Ghul)
  • 2008 Movie Batman Skin
  • Original Arkham Batmobile
  • Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #5
  • 6 TBC AR Challenges

Took a few hours all up but managed to get all the riddler trophies over the weekend - had to cheat with a few video guides but glad to have done it. Will probably have to come back and do the AR challenges and new game plus maybe next year.

Think I read rocksteady might be working on a Superman game next? That'd be pretty fun if done right - rocksteady certainly have a good pedigree.

How can you suck at it? Press Y/Triangle when enemies have that thing above their head, spam X/Square when they don't! :p:thumbsu:
Oh that's the easy bit. I just get lost doing what you need to do. I never have any idea where I am haha. And using the batmobile for everything annoys me.

I know why the setting is dark but that doesn't help much either haha.

I'm struggling to get into this game. Just finding myself struggling to want to actually play it. It's probably because I suck at it haha.

I have both the pc and ps4 versions, both are unfinished - totally unlike me as I played and replayed Asylum, City and Origins (actually that's kind of a lie I've replayed Origins more times in the past few years than I have played City, prior to AK I thought Arkham City was the worst in the series, Asylum being the best). Just like my affinity for re-watching grand finals... I replay games that I really enjoyed playing multiple times a year, I've mentioned many times in this thread how Asylum is a game that I like to run through 2-3-4-5 times a year it's that awesome to me (much like the story in GTA Vice City was awesome back in the early 2000's and I've replayed it several times a year in the years since).

I've played both versions for a few hours here and there but have made little "story" progress in either. I was not hit as bad by the issues on pc like many others have been (no frame rate issues), just lacking motivation. I think what de-motivated me about the game was

1) Being spoiled on the ending before having played it myself
2) Batmobile sections drive me crazy and don't really interest or excite me at all.
3) In addition to 1), how they went the obvious route with the identity of the Arkham Knight character.

I love the Arkham games but I definitely felt Arkham Knight probably didn't quite hit my expectations/hopes - not saying it was a bad game by any stretch but that it just didn't quite have the same magic as Asylum and City for mine (Never played Origins).

Story was a bit predictable and some of the side missions didn't feel that well fleshed out. The ending was a tad underwhelming too. Great voice acting though. I found once you got through the first 25% of the game, it got more enjoyable (as you become more comfortable with the controls, locations, gameplay mechanics etc).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started playing the pc version a little more, when I crank up the graphics it reminds me a lot of the mid 2000's Ubisoft games - it's hard to explain, it looks good..... but when the camera pans around the visuals look a little rough (like not smooth or shiny). Whereas if I turn the heavier visual options off, it looks more like the last few Arkham games (on pc anyway) visuals still look great, but the camera pans around smoother.

Hate the batmobile sections, more because it is being forced on the gamer.... give us the option of being able to progress through the game by foot rather than forcing scenarios that can only be passed by using the batmobile!

Started playing the pc version a little more, when I crank up the graphics it reminds me a lot of the mid 2000's Ubisoft games - it's hard to explain, it looks good..... but when the camera pans around the visuals look a little rough (like not smooth or shiny). Whereas if I turn the heavier visual options off, it looks more like the last few Arkham games (on pc anyway) visuals still look great, but the camera pans around smoother.

Hate the batmobile sections, more because it is being forced on the gamer.... give us the option of being able to progress through the game by foot rather than forcing scenarios that can only be passed by using the batmobile!

I was initially not a fan of the Batmobile as well though it grew on me as the game progressed.

Thankfully for you, once you get past the story bits, the batmobile isn't a huge part of the game (or you have the freedom to move around the city, pursuit challenges without the use of the batmobile).

Playing more of the game, just concluded the Ace Chemicals section (yeah it's funny how I've had the pc and ps4 versions of the game nearly 6 months but barely made any progress with it!) my reaction to the cut scene that concluded it was HOLY *
I mean I read about how The Joker was in the game and I'm spoiled on the story somewhat - partly because I literally saw the end of the game a few days after it came out. But his appearance at that part of the game was a huge jump in shock style moment.

That's in stark contrast to the "freak out that my console just broke down" moment when the screen goes black and stays black for a little while in Arkham Asylum :D

Rocksteady seem to have teased more Batman content next year- probably just DLC you'd think...

I think its just the last part of season pass next month, its another challenge pack. I would of had less issues with the season pass if it wasnt $50 and actually had a decent length DLC like the Heart of Ice remake from Origins

So now all the DLC is out, can someone tell me if it is worth getting the Pass or shouldI just go through and individually buy all the single player stuff?

The challenge room/races stuff is ok fun but nothing I would pay extra for (unless it's cheaper in the bundle). The skin stuff is larceny, do not want. I also already have HQ from the preorder...

http://gamerant.com/rocksteady-studios-batman-dlc-103/

So now all the DLC is out, can someone tell me if it is worth getting the Pass or shouldI just go through and individually buy all the single player stuff?

The challenge room/races stuff is ok fun but nothing I would pay extra for (unless it's cheaper in the bundle). The skin stuff is larceny, do not want. I also already have HQ from the preorder...

Haven't played all the single player DLC yet but the ones I have played seemed pretty short. Maybe keep an eye on if the season pass goes on sale and then consider if its worth it?

Pretty sure I got the full game + season pass for around 35 bucks so I won't complain too much. If they were charging 50 bucks for it... That's pretty terrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back