Multiplat Battlefield Hardline

Remove this Banner Ad

It buggered up for me, it wouldn't recognise I finished on veteran and wouldn't unlock hardline difficulty. Long story short, I had to complete the game almost 3 times until the trophy popped, then that only unlocked hardline so I have played this damn campaign through 4 bloody times. Wouldn't have been so bad if you could skip cut scenes which would be on par with The Order. Once you have it down pat you can rip through in about 4 hours. The final mission is a dead set joke in that you can knock it over in about 2 minutes.... of playtime and 10minutes of cut scenes.

How long does it take to unlock the Mac 10 and Double Barrel Shotgun so i can attempt that specific trophy? Debating whether it's worth the grind with only 3 more trophies left, that, the taser kills on multiplayer and finish the campaign on Hardline mode.

Mac 10 is easy enough, a little grind but nothing strenuous. The most tedious part is the camera coins but the easiest place for them is probably sticking them around spawn points in tdm. The shotty is another story. Firstly of course you have to put a bit of time into the kits to unlock first gold star, but a booster makes it a bit easier. Then there is a requirement (for enforcer syndicate) where you need level 4 rep as enforcer in 10 different games. This can be tough as even if you're on a good team with a hacker the time may run out before you can make it. One way is to find a hotwire game with only a few people in it, stick in a rep boost and just drive around in one of the objective cars. Most people in these hotwire lobbies are just grinding cash or something similar so will generally leave you alone. If so then you should make it to 4th rep every time. I did it with a mate so we alternated going hacker to speed this one along. The other annoying one for enforcer syndicate is the ballistics shield coins. Again did it with a mate where we went into a small lobby and shot each other, otherwise you'll have to park yourself behind your shield on blood money or something to attract fire. Blood money is an easy spot for ammo resupply coins too. Just dump it on the money and get that requirement in a few games.

Also counts if you pick up someone else's kit with the Mac or shotty.

Last edited:

How long does it take to unlock the Mac 10 and Double Barrel Shotgun so i can attempt that specific trophy? Debating whether it's worth the grind with only 3 more trophies left, that, the taser kills on multiplayer and finish the campaign on Hardline mode.
Ahhhhhhhhh crap i just accidentally started the story again instead of going to a certain mission/story, so if i want to get the trophy for all case files (had 1 left to get) and capture all warrants alive (2 left) i have to do it all over again lol which i dont think i will do. Wasn't going to get the platinum anyway cause im not doing it in Hardline difficulty.

Only a couple parts on Hardline gave me grief. One is glass house where you have to survive at the end, but I found opening the doors to the veranda before hand makes it easier and just poke your head out to kill one. Another is in that penthouse where the dudes come. I struggled until I worked out the glass leading to the balcony (where they spawn, not the one you end up jumping off) is bullet proof. So I just stood out there zapping them as they came out one by one knowing my back was covered by the glass and some mines I put down (they'll still try shooting you through it).

Besides that was surviving at the gas station in the desert. I couldn't find a way to cheese that but took quite a few goes.

Question for those experienced with the MP. I've just picked this up and struggled mightily in my first few games (across a couple of different modes). I'm fairly handy at the likes of Destiny, Halo and CoD so I was somewhat surprised. Is it simply because you start with really shitty weapons? Should I be playing ranked playlists? Or can the game simply not be approached as one would CoD (disregarding the obvious differences such as vehicles)?

Takes a bit to find your feet, learn the maps, guns, load outs and classes you like. There isn't a big variety of guns like in other battlefield games so starter weapons can more than get you by. Personally I play blood money the most. I like the objective and tends to be less campers, and you can rack up cash without getting many kills by either guardian your vault or hitting the money.

Sitting through the cut scenes is the worst. Could smash through it in a couple hours if you could skip them. I ended up watching nearly all them 4 times after I had to go through some levels on veteran several times to unlock hardline since apparently it can play funny buggers like that.

I just remembered on that final mission but you probably already sussed it out, you can run around the road block area without killing anyone, grapple up the side of the cliff then zip line over to the office (from where you shank the guy when you grapple up, straight across the waterfall). Takes like 2 mins to finish lol. But then there is about 3 days of cut scene.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sitting through the cut scenes is the worst. Could smash through it in a couple hours if you could skip them. I ended up watching nearly all them 4 times after I had to go through some levels on veteran several times to unlock hardline since apparently it can play funny buggers like that.

I just remembered on that final mission but you probably already sussed it out, you can run around the road block area without killing anyone, grapple up the side of the cliff then zip line over to the office (from where you shank the guy when you grapple up, straight across the waterfall). Takes like 2 mins to finish lol. But then there is about 3 days of cut scene.
That's the way I went my first time I played. Went back afterwards and jumped the motorbike in for the trophy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back