Off-topic Bay 13 Roundball Discussion - Optus can GAGF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Put the dirtiness as Crowley, the antagonism of Ballantyne and the diving ability of Steve Johnson together and it still wouldn't equal what kind of player Suarez is

his handball against ghana in the '10 quarter final was something else...

Geez that sounds crazy. I have an exam on the afternoon before the Spain game (as well as the afternoon of the Chile game), but no exams during an Australia game or on the same day as one of the very early morning games we have. Tossing up on whether I should get pissed after that exam and stay up until 4am as it's the final one for the semester (and hopefully my degree) or get home early and have a long nap and wake up at 2am.

However I was very annoyed that uni changed my degree schedule forcing me to do semesters to complete my degree, as I actually did save up a fair bit of money to go to Brazil. However I did use a fair bit of that money to go to Wellington earlier this year, Melbourne later this year and will most likely go to Europe (actual Europe, not PoidaCat Europe) as well.
South America is still great(as long as you avoid Brazil for the next couple of years).

Put the dirtiness as Crowley, the antagonism of Ballantyne and the diving ability of Steve Johnson together and it still wouldn't equal what kind of player Suarez is
It would be like if a Crowley, Ballantyne and Johnson put together was as racist as those Collingwood supporters that abused Winmar, Goodes and Wilkinson plus he plays for Collingwood (or insert whichever team you hate the most) as well

S**rez is easily my most hated athlete in any sport. I wouldn't wish injuries on any scum player (not even Patty K or FIGJAM when he was playing) but I do wish many painful injuries on S**rez

The Ox's guide to the World Cup!

It's time once again to set your watches to hope-I-don't-sleep-in o'clock and parade around town pretending you know what you're actually talking about, the World Cup is on its way!

And to celebrate I've given the spherical illiterate amongst us an easy guide as to who your allegiance should be with for the next two months. Simply scroll down until your corresponding footy club shows up and see who they're linked to, and why!

Adelaide - USA

Never done anything apart from a few Gold Cups in the 90's when everyone else were s**t. Their big game is against Mexico who have more history and more success than them, but don't tell them that :drunk:

Brisbane - Russia

Not a single brain cell amongst the starting 11, will always talk themselves up yet fail miserably, banging on about how good they had it pre-USSR merger.

Carlton - England

They have about as much courage as a rock, and the skill set to match. Will talk themselves up, then Suarez will poke Rooney on the neck and everyone will start crying

Collingwood - Germany

Good chance, good side, but they shoot themselves in the foot come the business end

Essendon - Nigeria

Essentially tried to pull the wool over everyone's heads and match fixed their way into the World Cup. Are also set for a date with destiny (read: the big reaming from CAF and FIFA) :oops:

Fremantle - France

"Haha we get to play the crossaint eating NTTAWWTs" will be said somewhere in Europe over the next two months (most likely Leeds). Play boring football and also have players with physical deformities, with Ribery and Sandilands going toe to toe in the frankenstein stakes (height excluding). Favourites to beat Argentina.

Geelong - Argentina

The economy is about to die in the arse and there's not much left to crow about anymore sadly. Will be up there once again but will be bundled out by France.

Gold Coast - Japan

No one pays attention to them, new boys on the block and all, but they'll surprise everyone on the back of a star player (Honda) then fail dismally as soon as it comes to finals time.

Greater Western Sydney - Honduras

They're just happy to be there.

Hawthorn - Brazil

Favourites, and understandably so. Tend to be a bit dickish about most things (everything) when the ball's in their court. Argentina/Brazil is the dream final we've waited for a long time for, but it won't happen because Argentina will lose to France.

Controversy Warning! Brazil has come under fire from the press of late from moving their training facilities from Rio to Brasilia, which is about as useful as basing yourself in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne and having your home ground in Launceston.

Melbourne - Belgium

Once again it seems they've gotten their s**t together with a clout of good young prospects and an actual coach this time. Will ride high on a decent showing in the group stage then die in the arse when they come up against a side that plays soccer.

North Melbourne - Portugal

Everyone loves a failure and Portugal is set to deliver that in spades, and not for the first time either. Watch as Cristiano Ronaldo considers a career in slalom skiing whilst he pretends to care, Meireles as he proves once again that growing a beard does not compensate for a lack of balls, and an entire nation troll the planet by promising so much yet delivering so little in calamitous fashion

Port Adelaide - Mexico

Young side, tick. A cyan/green hue, tick. Hated by the USA and vice versa, tick. Punching above their weight, definite tick. Definitely the feel good side of the WC.

Richmond - Uruguay

Still trying to remain relevant, despite the fact the world left them behind quite some time ago. Their star player is too an attention seeking whore.

St. Kilda - Republic Of Ireland*

Cheated out of two world cup appearances by horrendous refereeing decisions, the Irish are the Bay's moral world cup winners.

* Ireland are not in the 2014 World Cup

Sydney - Italy

Everyone hates them and they're seemingly oblivious to it. "Big Boy" Balotelli isn't shy of giving the crowd the finger either.

West Coast - Netherlands

They should play well, they should have won something by now, but they'd rather completely barrel it at the hands of Portugal, prolonging the misery.

Western Bulldogs - Croatia

A rebuilding, young side that would otherwise find themselves shocked to even be in contention. Will provide some good showings before ultimately being mauled by the Netherlands.

Last edited:
At least two years ago and australia were the first to qualify, but the worst team there

We'll be fine. Being underdogs is always great. We have the physicality that most teams lack and hate to play against.

Will Australia score a goal at all.

Isnt physicality coaching the victory ?

Personally watching a hackathon for a infinitesimally small improvement is not my cup of tea.

Anyway last world cup right up till the semis fos described every game as not a great advert for the game after hed devoted twelve months ot slagging off -AFL

And please tell me were not going to hand over more money to fifa not not get the 2022 world cup once more

We'll be fine. Being underdogs is always great. We have the physicality that most teams lack and hate to play against.
We stumbled towards a draw at home against a second string South African team. Players have dropped like flies leading up to this. The preparation couldn't be much worse.

We are gonna get violated in a manner most foul. My advice would be only to watch if you're a sadist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We stumbled towards a draw at home against a second string South African team. Players have dropped like flies leading up to this. The preparation couldn't be much worse.

We are gonna get violated in a manner most foul. My advice would be only to watch if you're a sadist.

I'll be watching. I have a feeling we might just cause an upset or two even with what you said.

If by fine you mean losing all 3 games by shitloads then sure.

We'll be fine.

Have some faith man. FFS, we are a young side playing against the giants of the world. We have proven that we can cause upsets and who knows what the f will happen.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Have some faith man. FFS, we are a young side playing against the giants of the world. We have proven that we can can upsets and who knows what the f will happen.

Faith and delusion are not the same things

I have faith we will give it our best go. If you are expecting us to win that is delusion

Have some faith man. FFS, we are a young side playing against the giants of the world. We have proven that we can can upsets and who knows what the f will happen.

I'll love it if I'm surprised.

No hope=check
Coach who has thrown out the old and given young players the chance=check.
Punching above our weight=check
Just the ingredient to over come some cocky country full of overpaid prima donas.
Yep,put me down for a surprise 1/0 victory and a hard fought draw proppelling us into stage 2.

David Schwarz comparing us to Carlton? GTFO. I feel sick just thinking of that.

England to make the semis and on the way making Suarez cry like a bitch again in the group stage.

Hoping that Portugal win the final and Ronaldo named player of the tournament if England are eliminated......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back