richcogs

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2004
Wodonga
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
The rest of the footy boards, being Adelaide, West Coast and Richmond are all talking about the possibility of you beating the Bombers in round 23. I was wondering what your thoughts are in regard to that game. Would you prefer to beat Essendon and send them out of the finals and let West Coast, Adelaide or Richmond through? Or you do not really care? Based on recent history and the possible build up to the match do you think you are a good chance with Heppell out? Do you think your players will be fired up?

Don't care one iota.

Our club will pick the best team they can out of those who are not injured and they will do the best they possibly can to represent the jumper.

If they win great, if they lose then so be it, the result is irrelevant to me at this end of the season, I'm looking for individual improvement & a collective effort from the team.

2015 is my focus, not a dead-rubber against the drug cheats.

The rest of the footy boards, being Adelaide, West Coast and Richmond are all talking about the possibility of you beating the Bombers in round 23. I was wondering what your thoughts are in regard to that game. Would you prefer to beat Essendon and send them out of the finals and let West Coast, Adelaide or Richmond through? Or you do not really care? Based on recent history and the possible build up to the match do you think you are a good chance with Heppell out? Do you think your players will be fired up?

Our team's sort of limping at the moment.

I still think we have a strong crack at them but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

1. Drug cheats shouldn't play finals
2. Essendon shouldn't play finals

Would love to knock them out. Literally and metaphorically.

I think we are all quietly hoping for the ultimate finish to the year - knock Essendon out of the finals combined with Richmond finishing 9th, but we will take whatever we can get :)

Doesn't matter that much realistically. Doubt we could beat Essendon with our injury toll at the moment anyway. Might get one or two severely underdone players back for the game though.

Damn straight I would LOVE to beat the Bummers in Rnd 23 and send them tumbling out of the 8!!
Would love to be behind all day, and then stage a miraculous comeback from nowhere and pip them at the post by 1 point.
Goal by Judd after the siren following a controversial umpiring decision awarded our way by Razor Ray would be perfect.

Damn straight I would LOVE to beat the Bummers in Rnd 23 and send them tumbling out of the 8!!
Would love to be behind all day, and then stage a miraculous comeback from nowhere and pip them at the post by 1 point.
Goal by Judd after the siren following a controversial umpiring decision awarded our way by Razor Ray would be perfect.

SCREW THAT !!!!!!!!! If we are going to BEAT the scum, and send them out of the finals, then I want a +150 point victory !!!!!!!

Dream scenario.
Rd 22.
Port beat Carlton (don't want but will probably happen)
Suns beat Essendon (Prob won't happen)
WCE win
Richmond win
(Other results don't really matter)

Rd 23.
Hawks beat Collingwood
Carlton DESTROY Essendon (+120 points)
Swans beat Richmond
WCE beat GCS
Adelaide beat St. Kilda

End result.

Ladder from 7-13 reads
WCE
Adelaide
RICHMOND (Traditional finishing position)
GCS
Collingwood
SCUM
Carlton

So not only do we knock them out of the finals, but we DESTROY their % to the point that they drop to the bottom of the teams on 11 wins and end up 1 spot above us on the ladder. Lovely side note, 9thmond finishes where they so often preside (for comical relief)

That said I have more of a chance of having a threesome with Jenifer Hawkins and Scarlett Johansson than this scenario has to unfold. We are basically running a bunch of VFL/Rookies (with a sprinkling of stars) ATM due to our injury list so I doubt we will come close to beating the Scum, let alone destroying them by +100 points (but a guy can dream :D)

For me, this game is our Grand Final. I hope our players treat it like one. I hope they leave nothing on the park and beat a team who's physical prowess has been improved by systematically taking hormone derivatives, and therefore cheating like no other club has done before...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide beat North this weeks pretty much means Richmond can't make finals. Need Eagles to win their last 2 to make finals with Adelaide.

Essendon can win this week and still miss finals if we beat them.

We are no chance against Essendon. Unlike Richmond, who hardly ever get injuries, we will be lucky to field a competitive side.
Would love to beat them but can't see it happening.

We are no chance against Essendon. Unlike Richmond, who hardly ever get injuries, we will be lucky to field a competitive side.
Would love to beat them but can't see it happening.
That's what they said at round 3 2001.

Essendon have injury concerns themselves, they are going to be emotionally drained too.

My answer: * Essendon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back