Begley On Downward Spiral

Remove this Banner Ad

outback jack said:
cupido was pick number 6 from memory. Means shi te all. We knew we were getting a slow HBF. IMO hes done the best he can but just doesnt thave it. NC hasnt given him a go at all though

are you saying Cupido doesn't have talent?

Crow-mosone said:
A guy who was rated as lock for no.3 in what was reckoned to be the greatest draft ever at the time, no potential? There was shock when he slipped all the way to pick no.7

Didn't work out for him sure, but no potential?

I wouldnt call it shock it was more unexpected. Bit like salopek for port. And as always its the media's expectations the fact that other clubs looked over him showed what they thought. Anyway once again you keep continually referring to his drafting, i am saying right now for you to make the comment that he hasnt fulfilled his potential is incorrect. With the ability he has, he has become a AFL player, as it just so happens not a very good one. And is there such thing as no potential?? Even jack has some potential.

outback jack said:
I wouldnt call it shock it was more unexpected. Bit like salopek for port. And as always its the media's expectations the fact that other clubs looked over him showed what they thought. Anyway once again you keep continually referring to his drafting, i am saying right now for you to make the comment that he hasnt fulfilled his potential is incorrect. With the ability he has, he has become a AFL player, as it just so happens not a very good one. And is there such thing as no potential?? Even jack has some potential.

Jack, how old were you in 1997 to be commenting now, on what was happening at the time? It would nice if you restricted yourself to things you knew something about.

Crow-mosone said:
Jack, how old were you in 1997 to be commenting now, on what was happening at the time? It would nice if you restricted yourself to things you knew something about.

crow-mosone bitterness isnt heality for the soul, i only comment of things i know about thats why i am always right :) I dont pretend things, well apart from being jack....

Lefty said:
Massie & Begley would have to be right at the top of the pile when talk of delisting rears it's head.

They are both average run-of-the-mill half back flankers with not much else to offer.
Matthew Smith might prove you wrong on the first bit.

A bit harsh on both of them I think. Massie has hardly been given an opportunity in the last year. Twice that I can remember he's come back in for one game which we have lost, and he's made a scapegoat and omitted the following week. Begley when he's in the side spends the bulk of his time on the bench, and then people expect him to star when he is on the field. Admittedly you have to make the most of your chances when they come, but I don't think either of these guys have been managed all that well.

We can't delist every second tier player on the list in one year so I wouldn't be surprised to see one, if not both of these guys survive due to their value as depth players.

After being dropped twice this year you would have to say Begleys stocks have fallen lower than that of the 2004 draftees. I think/hope at least of two of Meeson, Maric, Knights, Van Berlo or Gibson get a game before Begs. Shame really, in 2003 I thought he was a pretty handy acquisition.

Crow-mosone said:
you were what 11 at the time? more lies jack?

The answer is no i wasnt. And exactly how old are you again ;) Also, why do you take everything so seriously and to the exact point. I havent lied about anything at all. If you cant take a bit of light fun you can press the ignore button if you want ok. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back