BFL Bellarine Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Nesbitt - Playing Coach at Cairns FC. Hard CHB who can play CHF. Physically imposing. Played several local country leagues including Ballarat before heading north. Good pick up, but demanded big money.
Carracher - HBF from Lake Wendouree, mates with Nesbitt and Jarrad. Played Rep footy will be handy but can only commit to 1 year as he is a school teacher and getting a 12 month exchange posting.
Jarrad - Ex Cairns and mates of Nesbitt. Plays midfield and across HB. No star but a handy inclusion
Vassallo - Big Man - Key forward who has represented VAFA a few years back when playing A Grade football. I heard that if fit, will kick 100 goals plus, been a while since played serious football, played 3rds last year in VAFA 2 years back so unsure of current condition.

I haven't been done to PS as yet, but I am heading tehre Wednesday at this stage

Overall these inclusions plus the guys coming back, the committee will be very disappointed in we dont make Top 3. Will need early wins to stop any pressure being applied. I am sure we will, so Go Tigers in 2011

I am sure Port runs south/north. In any case it is not the same direction as Drysdale. You do realise that the wind can blow in any direction.

Yes chops it can but Torquay is open to north wind which tends to happen around finals time as for Drysdale and portarlington they run in the same direction grounds always protected from north winds.:eek:

Nesbitt - Playing Coach at Cairns FC. Hard CHB who can play CHF. Physically imposing. Played several local country leagues including Ballarat before heading north. Good pick up, but demanded big money.
Carracher - HBF from Lake Wendouree, mates with Nesbitt and Jarrad. Played Rep footy will be handy but can only commit to 1 year as he is a school teacher and getting a 12 month exchange posting.
Jarrad - Ex Cairns and mates of Nesbitt. Plays midfield and across HB. No star but a handy inclusion
Vassallo - Big Man - Key forward who has represented VAFA a few years back when playing A Grade football. I heard that if fit, will kick 100 goals plus, been a while since played serious football, played 3rds last year in VAFA 2 years back so unsure of current condition.

I haven't been done to PS as yet, but I am heading tehre Wednesday at this stage

Overall these inclusions plus the guys coming back, the committee will be very disappointed in we dont make Top 3. Will need early wins to stop any pressure being applied. I am sure we will, so Go Tigers in 2011
Cheers mate sound like good pick ups Tigers on the prowl next year:footy:

Just wondering how Ash Graham for Torquay went last year? What position did he play and what type of opposition player did he get?

Plays down back as more of a shutdown defender, wirey sort of guy will long arms. Gets the job on key forwards who are most of the time bigger than him and usually gets the job done. Only downfall is he doesnt get much of the ball himself. Why is that? i have heard he is leaving Torquay, do you know if this is true?

Plays down back as more of a shutdown defender, wirey sort of guy will long arms. Gets the job on key forwards who are most of the time bigger than him and usually gets the job done. Only downfall is he doesnt get much of the ball himself. Why is that? i have heard he is leaving Torquay, do you know if this is true?

Not 100% sure guns. I heard his brother in-law was trying to recruit him to Tatyoon in the MDFL because he is coach. Not sure how he went???

Well the bloke i was talking to said that they are talking to Pat Tucker from St Albauns and Ross Panther from Drysdale? Something about the boys wanting to play together again and Pat wants to play a season with his brother Rich.

Well the bloke i was talking to said that they are talking to Pat Tucker from St Albauns and Ross Panther from Drysdale? Something about the boys wanting to play together again and Pat wants to play a season with his brother Rich.
Word on the street is Ben Cousins is playing at torquay 6 home games and finals anyone else heard this? If true they would get massive crowds.Luke Raynor played wafl with cousins might be some truth to it

Word on the street is Ben Cousins is playing at torquay 6 home games and finals anyone else heard this? If true they would get massive crowds.Luke Raynor played wafl with cousins might be some truth to it

Ben Cousins rumour #17. I don't think Ben played too much WAFL footy, yes Rayner would have been playing there but i think you may be drawing a long bow. Would be great if true but i highly doubt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8 teams, 8 comps, 2 grounds, 1 day- melbourne metros best of the best!

On Sunday March 6th this event will be broadcast live via SEN Radio 1116 AM.

8 of the premiership teams from 2010 around Melbourne have agreed to play in a 20/20 style competition for their chance to take out the prestigious trophy of becoming Melbourne metro footballs best of the best and win their club $5000 in prizes and money.

The event and day has been organised by Benjamin Charles from SPORT SUPPORT. Also helping promote and run the event is Matty Pillios (EDFL MEDIA HOST) along with various other high profile metropolitan footballers and current or ex AFL players.The day will start at 11am and games will be played at CT Barling Reserve located at Plenty Rd, Reservoir.

The 8 clubs representing their leagues are as follows:

NFL – West Preston F.C (Ran all over powerhouse Heidelberg F.C to take 2010 premiership coach and are known to be physical.)

VAFA – Old Carey F.C (Smashed the VAFA B section comp in 2010 and now in A section will represent VAFA. Have picked up close to 8 quality players for season 2011. Old Xavs F.C declined to participate.)

GFL – South Barwon F.C (One of the favourites from a powerhouse comp. Will be at full strength and have the entire town of Geelong behind them.)

EDFL – Marby Park F.C (Back to back premiers will try and stamp its name as the strongest metro football team in the country boasting a ton of talent.)

EFL – Mulgrave F.C (Represent one of the strongest Melbourne comps and this year are in Div 1. Have recently recruited quality AFL & VFL players for season 2011. Noble Park F.C declined to participate.)

RDFL – Riddell F.C (Strong club with a massive following and will be keen to keep momentum from their 2010 premiership win.)

SFL – Clayton F.C (The club has been a powerhouse in Div 1 for a long time. Have recruited very strongly for 2011. St Kilda City F.C could not confirm.)

WRFL – Albion F.C (Stunned the WRFL winning the 2010 flag and with some new recruits will give it a shake. Coming from a comp with physical football.

EXTRA EVENTS

“Melbournes Fittest Footballer” (Vertical Leap, 20 Metre Sprints and Push Up Comp.)

“Grand Final Curtain Raiser” (60 Person Beep Test between any local registered footballer.)

Should be a cracker of a day! What are everyones thoughts and feedback on it?

Any news on possible recruiting at Portarlington FC for 2011? Things have been very quiet regarding new recruits and confirmation of who is definately leaving apart from Wellsy. Any chance of these other players mentioned to be leaving actually staying @ Port?
:confused::confused::confused:

Port have picked up no body. their pre season is a shambles. Have lost 5 or 6 of their top 10 players and thats not including dewey leaving mid way through last season. Predictions... port will not win a game and could go back to their old ways when they got beaten by 50 goals and forwards would kick inexcess of 25 goals or more. All this coming from a port boy myself. Its not looking good to be honest. Financially they are cruising but :/

When do sportsbet open withodds on 2011 Premiership odds.
I would expect Tigers and Ammos to be at the top, drysdale, QC, Grubbers and Anglesea all being next best. Modda the big improvers, ggod numbers at training, recruiting well. Seagulls lost a few and may battle whilst Newcomb should climb at least 1 spot onthe ladder, demons are battling.

Any other ideas on who has picked up who?

Barwon heads are or are not in trouble? Hearing plenty of rumours, political infighting, players disgruntled etc however the addy today claims everything is great moving forward. Jeremy Power is a big loss of experience and club personality. Something must be up when a coach quits and 2 days later gets reinstated. Have they gained anyone of note?

Torquay likely to be big improvers and should be 2nd fav behind Ammos in flag odds. Dont write off Drysdale, they have lost some players but not as many as most believe, new coach, successful club and some good additions. Should be top 3 again. Grove look stronger than last year so should be finals contenders and Queenscliff and Angelsea possibly to fight for the last spot. I think the gap between top 6 and bottom 4 will be even greater this year, so % may play a big part on who finishes where.

My prediction if I worked as a bookie (and used last year as a guide)
Ammos $2.50
Torquay $3.30
Drysdale $4.00
Queencliff $6.00
Anglesea $7.00
Ocean Grove $8.00
Modda $21
Barwon heads $33
Newcomb $66
Port $100

Barwon heads are or are not in trouble? Hearing plenty of rumours, political infighting, players disgruntled etc however the addy today claims everything is great moving forward. Jeremy Power is a big loss of experience and club personality. Something must be up when a coach quits and 2 days later gets reinstated. Have they gained anyone of note?

Torquay likely to be big improvers and should be 2nd fav behind Ammos in flag odds. Dont write off Drysdale, they have lost some players but not as many as most believe, new coach, successful club and some good additions. Should be top 3 again. Grove look stronger than last year so should be finals contenders and Queenscliff and Angelsea possibly to fight for the last spot. I think the gap between top 6 and bottom 4 will be even greater this year, so % may play a big part on who finishes where.

Ammos $2.50
Torquay $3.30
Drysdale $4.00
Queencliff $6.00
Anglesea $7.00
Ocean Grove $8.00
Modda $21
Barwon heads $33
Newcomb $66
Port $100

I'd love the $8 for OG, have just picked up another good footballer just moved from Melbourne, a CHB 6ft 4 who is mobile, 6 or 7 recruits all from a better comp than ours, have to be the team to beat.

Ammos $2.50
Torquay $3.30
Drysdale $4.00
Queencliff $6.00
Anglesea $7.00
Ocean Grove $8.00
Modda $21
Barwon heads $33
Newcomb $66
Port $100

I think the Grove at that price are a good bet, they recruited very well a couple of very handy key position players which they needed and really haven't lost anyone.

Didn't they get a 6 7 ruckman last year that couldn't play. Played 1 or 2 games in there 2's.Who is the new bloke, where is he from? Wasn't in the article on Saturday addy

Most of the guys they have got are ex juniors and they haven't been in finals for a while, so to move from 6th to challenge is a big call. Hope they can do it though. it will be a good sign to clubs about recruiting there own. Similar to Tiges, get back better players who have gone away but come back with experience

Are you guys referring to Tom Foott coming back from Melbourne as being the ruckman and CHB....very mobile and athletic, will be a good pick up. Was mentioned a little while ago, his brother Harrison already plays for the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back