BFL Bellarine Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Predictions for Rd 1

Anglesea to beat Ammos by 16 points
Modda to beat Brawon Heads by 27 points
Ocean grove to beat Portarlington by 54 points
Queenscliff to beat Newcomb by 70 points
Torquay to beat Drysdale by 33 points

Rd 2 looks like a cracker rd, all sides evenly matched, with only exception being on paper GA vs Barwon Heads, but remember who beat Ammos both times last year,

Geelong Amateur 2.30 Anglesea 5.00 Drysdale Hawks 5.00 Torquay 5.00 Ocean Grove 6.00 Queenscliff 9.00 Modewarre 41.00 Barwon Heads 51.00 Newcomb Power 151.00 Portarlington 151.00

Latest odds from Sportsbet. Looks like both OG and Modda have been backed. Tigers and QC drifting

Get on Ocean Grove at 5.50 now - They will be favorites by the end of the year. Picked up some good recruits and smashed Port Arlington by 30 goals

Fowkesy out with badly rolled ankle. I think this will be a tough game at Modda. They are never easy to beat there and have recruited well. Hope the form of our new captain continues, he was brilliant on Saturday as was Billy.

Go Tiges lets sit Top 3 all year,

Sorry my tips for the weekend,

Tigers to beat Modda .. just 9 points
Seas to beat Ocean grove by 5 points
Port to beat Newcomb by 2 goals
Queenscliff to beat Drysdale by 7 goals
Ammos to beat Barwon Heads by 14 goals.

Ammos want wont to lose again and lost twive to BH last year. Port whilst the results didn't show it are actually improving, Grove at home might push Anglesea and Queenscliff are up and going early,

I got 5/5 last week

Sorry my tips for the weekend,

Tigers to beat Modda .. just 9 points
Seas to beat Ocean grove by 5 points
Port to beat Newcomb by 2 goals
Queenscliff to beat Drysdale by 7 goals
Ammos to beat Barwon Heads by 14 goals.

Ammos want wont to lose again and lost twive to BH last year. Port whilst the results didn't show it are actually improving, Grove at home might push Anglesea and Queenscliff are up and going early,

I got 5/5 last week

G'day beach boy. Just curious as to what you are basing your assessment on that Portarlington is actually improving? Were you at the game last week? God help us if a 30 goal hiding is an improvement. We were seeing similar results to this last year too. I thought they fought hard in the first term for little reward then it got away from them. They were completely out run and outplayed all over the ground by a very good side in the Grove but the overall list is weaker than last year by a fair way (in my opinion) after all the departures they have had. Players who played 2's most or all of last season were in the starting 18 last week and whether the new recruits are as good as who left is open for debate. And it was a long hard season last year with little success as we know.
Their usual good players tried hard but were simply out numbered by O/Grove. I would love to agree with you about the improvement because it is hard watching them struggle like this but at the moment I certainly can't see it. Here's hoping we turn it around this week against Newcombe.
:rolleyes::footy::rolleyes::footy:

No I didn't see Saturday but did watch when they played Pt Fairy in praccy match. They have a good young Ruckman, who will only improve as the year goes on, Davis is still very good, new recruit Mick Drew looks more than handy and I still think Ged is a super player at this level. Feedback from Saturday from Grove mates was that Port were actually better structured and more disciplined than last year, although rsult didn't show it, that is a positive in itself. Sometimes losing good players but not good club people isn't a bad thing. I really dont care who wins this week, I hope both sides just keep on improving and the gap between top 6 and bottom 4 starts to close. The competition needs it. Modda maybe the side to bridge the gaps, lets hoping.

Its been a long time coming but well done Newcomb Seniors winning today against Portarlington 19.17.131 to 4.5 29. The boys led all day for a well earned victory - the streak is no longer 55 losses but one win!! Leigh Morrison back to his vintage best with 8 goals with brother Craig celebrating his 30th birthday with 4 goals. Hopefully more to come boys!!! The twos also won 9.11.65 to 8.9.57 first time both teams have won since the last home and away game of 2007

What a blight on the football landscape are "taggers", no real football talent other than to niggle, elbow & snipe! Yet they get kudos from their coaches and are virtually ignored by umpires. Local footy has evolved enough, you would have thought, that these clowns should be shut out and banished, for the good of the game!

Its been a long time coming but well done Newcomb Seniors winning today against Portarlington 19.17.131 to 4.5 29. The boys led all day for a well earned victory - the streak is no longer 55 losses but one win!! Leigh Morrison back to his vintage best with 8 goals with brother Craig celebrating his 30th birthday with 4 goals. Hopefully more to come boys!!! The twos also won 9.11.65 to 8.9.57 first time both teams have won since the last home and away game of 2007

Brilliant news,

From an ex drysdale resident now in Sydney that is great news. Well done Dino's - sorry, Power. All the hard work for all the committee's , coaches, canteen ladies is all worthwhile tonight. Congrats !!!!

No I didn't see Saturday but did watch when they played Pt Fairy in praccy match. They have a good young Ruckman, who will only improve as the year goes on, Davis is still very good, new recruit Mick Drew looks more than handy and I still think Ged is a super player at this level. Feedback from Saturday from Grove mates was that Port were actually better structured and more disciplined than last year, although rsult didn't show it, that is a positive in itself. Sometimes losing good players but not good club people isn't a bad thing. I really dont care who wins this week, I hope both sides just keep on improving and the gap between top 6 and bottom 4 starts to close. The competition needs it. Modda maybe the side to bridge the gaps, lets hoping.

Another mention of the players who left not being good clubmen and not wanting to play for the club. Does anyone really think that they left just because they didn't want to play for Port? There has been far too much talk referring negatively to the players that have left both publicly and from within the club. Poor form I say, in my honest opinion of course.
People should ask why they really left and base their judgement on that.
Pre season form means squat. Last year they beat Nth Footscray by about 6 goals in the pre season and they went on to win the WRFL Div 2 flag. We all know what year Port had also.
Interesting your opinions on the three players you mentioned. A raw yet improving ruckman, a returning onballer after a couple of years at Nth Footscray and the coach, who in your words is a "super player" at this level.
Regardless of others opinions I would love to still have most of the players now gone still running around for Port. Without a doubt we would be a better team and a better club. And after today, to witness getting hammered by Newcombe I have never been so sure of that.

From Chocolates to boiled lollies. Newcomb proved me wrong, or should I say Port proved me wrong. I thought they may have been improving, yes I was wrong. Good win by Drysdale, but fortunate to have heaps of Couta injuries, which played a big part.

Anglesea and The Tigers, one two at this early stage. The Tigers put in a top performance against a strong Modda outfit. never easy winning out there, especially with a couple of injuries. Good work boys.

Mini final this week at Grove, who host Ammos. Also expect some fireworks at the Couta bowl. I know Modda fancy there chances and will throw everything at a depleted Couta line up.

WEell done Power boys, hope you celebrated long and hard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Queenscliff were smashed by injury so dont read too much into the blow out result. It was a much better and aggressive looking Drysdale though this week, so they will still be contenders.

Why has OG been talked up and backed on Sportsbet? Anglesea played ordinary on saturday and still beat them at Grove. I think they maybe slightly overrated after beating Port the week before.

I see Lindsay Smith back to old tricks and has been rubbed out for a week and is now ineligible for the medal.

The early comp BF leaders would be
D Measures QC, A Bird Tor and S Kent Ang

Goalkicking looks like a race in 3 already - Smith Ang, Jack OG and Tom GA

All in white hot form

Can only agree with your thoughts on Ocean Grove jiver. Very very overrated outfit.

They have the same guys making the same mistakes as previous years! Especially around the contested ball. As for the Ocean Grove coaches comments in the Addy regarding Lynch towelling up Menchy. Give me a break!!! Mench drew two and three defenders which allowed other A'sea forwards to kick goals. Was he watching the game!!!

Not too much respect shown towards the opposition from the Ocean Grove Coach.

1downtheroad wrote
They have the same guys making the same mistakes as previous years! Especially around the contested ball. As for the Ocean Grove coaches comments in the Addy regarding Lynch towelling up Menchy. Give me a break!!! Mench drew two and three defenders which allowed other A'sea forwards to kick goals. Was he watching the game!!!

Didn't OG lose most players at the end of 2009 and there whole list is nearly changed? If so, how can they have the same guys making the same mistakes, name them.

Lynch is a gun and I would have liked to see that match up on Saturday against Mensch, irrelevant of who saidd what, both were named in there teams best.

Watched OG v Geelong Amos yesterday. Really good day and a massive crowd. The level of football was also good and OG won in a canter. After Amos kicked the 1st goal OG then kicked the next 7 and were never threatened after that and were clearly the better team on the day. Can you find out crowd numbers for this league?

Rd 4 Predictions (Sorry away last week in Bali, so missed out on submitting Tips, I know I would have got Tigers wrong, disappointing to say the least, not sure on Grove and Ammos or Coutas modda game- interesting results)

This week
Anglesea to beat Drysdale by 28 points
Ocean Grove to beat Newcomb by 45 points
Queenscliff to beat Barwon Heads by 14 points
Modda to thrash Port to the tune of 140 points
Tigers to bounce back and put Ammos under some real pressure, 4 goals

The betting for the flag is inetresting. Why is Geelong Amos fav? Are they missing players that will come back in?

Geelomg Amos - $2.90
Anglesea - $ 3.00
Ocean Grove - $4.80
Torquay - $6.50
Queencliffe - $7.00
Drysdale - $8.00

Ammo's must back themselves every year. They start favourite, never get challenged realistically in the betting. Drysdale were still around $3.00 on GF day last year,

Anglesea after 4 rounds look like a good bet, Grove at $4.60 is unders, they have only beaten ammos of note. Tigers have been poor past 2 weeks and need a win before we eat our own. Already a few rumblings have started, I hope this week is the time to turn things around.

The value is Drysdale at $8. They have won past 2 flags, got kids playing well, were super competitive by the addy on Saturday against Sea's, so they might tighten up if they beat Grove this week.

This weeks predictions

Anglesea to beat Modda by 47 points
Ocean Grove to beat Drysdale 21 points
Barwon Heads to beat Port by 14 points
Geelong Ammos to beat Newcomb by 96 points
Tigers to bounce back after 2 very ordinary weeks and pip Queenscliff in match of the round by 5 points ... I hope so for all involved.

Can anyone at Heads fill us in on the full story with coach. you generally don't get sacked for ruffling a few feathers. if you have been sacked why would he be coming back to help? Seems a bit odd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back