Lakeside Legacy

Debutant
May 7, 2008
Oakleigh, Vic.
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Oakleigh Dragons
Should the Swans entertain using a late draft pick to obtain Ben Cousins or do we stand to loose too much in retaining or attracting new sponsors and prospective young players ???

Your thoughts ???:confused:

some thoughts have already been posted on the other thread "who should we pick up with each draft pick" (near the end of the thread)

got dudley and bateman red carded :p

but my stance is that our premiership window isn't open for the next few years realistically, and cousins won't be around for much longer

rather take the punt at prospective young players... as cousins is not going to be in our next premiership side.... so i see little point in drafting him

We should take him at 60 , would be better than a player who will just fill the numbers in thae crap ressies comp

That was the way I was thinking also bedders. If he (COUSINS) was still around at pick 61 which I think is our last draft pick, I reckon he would be worth a punt.

I must admit I had reservations when we picked up Paul Williams a few seasons ago and he well and truly proved my first thoughts to be wrong.

Admittedly, Willo didn't have the baggage that COUSINS has though. That being said, I would back our leadership group in to modify COUSINS off- field behaviour and if able to get back to full fitness IMO Cousins is still in the elite class of midfielders.

While we are still a chance for the top four we must strike now while BBB and MOL are still around and Cousins would help that.
My only reservations are that he would be in the same city as that goose Mundine.

I hear Cuz like his boxing a bit now, hopefully Hall will take him under his wing and he gets in with Johnny Lewis instead of anthony 'the mouth' mundine!

Please pick him up.

One of my first ever footballing dreams will be complete.

Don't think Sydney is the right environment for him though.

Although Brisbane is a little shifty knowing his penchant for schoolies week..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back