Benalla & District

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. They are waiting for the VCFL to make a decison for the beter of country football. Getting rid of the small towns that provide an oportunity for players who otherwise wouldnt play, isnt for the better of country football!
G’day CD .. me (maybe) no show mate!
Damn..that’s the best post since HEAD’s earlier in the season.
Has someone with sense gained access to your logon or did you really write the above stuff?
Nevertheless, your signature is on him so I hope you can continue to support the point of small town footy at Redlegs Stadium on 30 August.
The Redlegs Stadium makes history by hosting the second semi between Bonnie Doon and Goorambat on that day.
For OH&S reasons, I don’t think “Harry Hargood’s Fire Drum” will be allowed to be so close to the bar facilities .. but I’ve volunteered to be a scout until the first siren of the seniors game to use a double barrelled shot of possum pellets to stop interlopers walking in without paying!!
Drive in through the gate, pay your money and look for a WHOB near the bar .. (White Haired Old Bastard). That should narrow it down to about 100 vegies at Longwood.
See you then cobber!
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu::)

G’day CD .. me (maybe) no show mate!
Damn..that’s the best post since HEAD’s earlier in the season.
Has someone with sense gained access to your logon or did you really write the above stuff?
Nevertheless, your signature is on him so I hope you can continue to support the point of small town footy at Redlegs Stadium on 30 August.
The Redlegs Stadium makes history by hosting the second semi between Bonnie Doon and Goorambat on that day.
For OH&S reasons, I don’t think “Harry Hargood’s Fire Drum” will be allowed to be so close to the bar facilities .. but I’ve volunteered to be a scout until the first siren of the seniors game to use a double barrelled shot of possum pellets to stop interlopers walking in without paying!!
Drive in through the gate, pay your money and look for a WHOB near the bar .. (White Haired Old Bastard). That should narrow it down to about 100 vegies at Longwood.
See you then cobber!
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu::)
What history?

"SHOWTIME" is very quiet this year!
Is it because he is where he belongs? At the bottom of the pile as a B&D seconds player.
Goorambat need you to carry yourself this year?

CD with all due respect, i think you should keep your mouth shut regarding B&D seconds footy. From what i have heard and read on here, you are too useless & fat to qualify to play any kind of football in any league. About all you would be good for is being the football so we can kick you around the park, i imagine that would inspire a few of the guys to kick the ball a little harder as well. Sorry to be so forward, im just sick of people like you bagging grass roots footy and people that want to play the game for fun.:thumbsdown:

CD with all due respect, i think you should keep your mouth shut regarding B&D seconds footy. From what i have heard and read on here, you are too useless & fat to qualify to play any kind of football in any league. About all you would be good for is being the football so we can kick you around the park, i imagine that would inspire a few of the guys to kick the ball a little harder as well. Sorry to be so forward, im just sick of people like you bagging grass roots footy and people that want to play the game for fun.:thumbsdown:
Unlike myself Rocket2007 you blokes couldnt be further from the truth. Get over it bud, as the bulk of what I say is right!
Most seconds players arnt playing for the 2's for a bit of fun. Its because their lazy and too weak as piss to have to earn a kick. Easy running around in the 2's getting easy kicks against bloke who dont have the tallent to be a good player. 2nds football provides a place for a bloke to have a run and a kick each week but too many piss ants play back for it.
For grass roots football to survive Rocket2007 towns like Longwood, Swanpool, Glenrowan, Benalla AB, Merrigum and Violet Town need less lazy ferrals and more quality bloke who have a go.

Well spoken hes just another keyboard masher

Unlike myself Rocket2007 you blokes couldnt be further from the truth. Get over it bud, as the bulk of what I say is right!

You havent been right all year although you like to tell everyone you are. Different thread same shite Josef. A bloke who is late 30's or even early 40's ( and in the 2nds there are a few) is entitled to have a kick if they want. There are younger blokes who arent good enough to play 1sts but still enjoy the social aspect of sinking cans after a game and supporting their local team. There would be less than 4 players a team that choose to play 2nds footy over senior footy so working stats which you are hopeless at
5 teams = 21 players x 2 x 5 for seniors and reserves = 210 players. technically 168 players per week accounts for the bye
potentially each week 16 blokes could play seniors out of the pool
16 / 168 = 9% of the total players available each week in th league
Read this, understand it and furke off and dont come back trawling with your shite comments which are usually wrong. I just love picking you up on them. Also be careful with bagging teams as you live in one of those places. The net is closing in............

You havent been right all year although you like to tell everyone you are. Different thread same shite Josef. A bloke who is late 30's or even early 40's ( and in the 2nds there are a few) is entitled to have a kick if they want. There are younger blokes who arent good enough to play 1sts but still enjoy the social aspect of sinking cans after a game and supporting their local team. There would be less than 4 players a team that choose to play 2nds footy over senior footy so working stats which you are hopeless at
5 teams = 21 players x 2 x 5 for seniors and reserves = 210 players. technically 168 players per week accounts for the bye
potentially each week 16 blokes could play seniors out of the pool
16 / 168 = 9% of the total players available each week in th league
Read this, understand it and furke off and dont come back trawling with your shite comments which are usually wrong. I just love picking you up on them. Also be careful with bagging teams as you live in one of those places. The net is closing in............

Well worked out mate, sounds accurate too. CD, when was the last time you went to a B&D footy match? Its games like this that show why people love the game of footy, its for the familys and for the towns the clubs represent and even assists with the struggling economys that im sure each of these " Blink and you'll miss" towns have to deal with. Have you been to these towns when footy season is over?? These towns fade to pretty much nothing and are painful to be around, but if the towns clubs do well, that could keep the small towns buzzing untill the start of the next season.

Best of luck to me old mate Finchy and the Longwood FC today. Fair to say everyone down this way would love for a Broady Doon/Longwood play off :thumbsu:

Best of luck to me old mate Finchy and the Longwood FC today. Fair to say everyone down this way would love for a Broady Doon/Longwood play off :thumbsu:

Obviously wasn't meant to be :( - Goorambat 8.15 (63) def. Longwood 7.18 (60)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A close 1. What's happening at the redlegs John Carrot? There's been inferences on here but no announcements. Come on Carrot out with the beans:)

Was told there may been some talks with the KDFL?

The word I hear is that the VCFL has backed the B&D in that they wont allow any club to leave the league.
All good but for teams to survive they will need more than a 5 team comp that plays each other 4 times in the home and away to keep and attract players.
Not sure what the future holds. Im sure Longwood will keep putting together a fair side but cant see any players coming for more than a couple of years. Turn over of players year to year and the work having to be put in chasing players every year might get too much after a period of time.
Time to put 2 or 3 sides back into the B&D nd let it grow!

Obviously wasn't meant to be :( - Goorambat 8.15 (63) def. Longwood 7.18 (60)
Longwood had all the play in the second half but were unable to put the ball through the big sticks. A good 3rd quarter into the wind set them up for the last quarter but although getting inside 50 couldnt get goals.
Was a game of the backlines with both teams clearing the ball with run.

O&K clubs have already said they won't travel to Doon

This is what I had heard from inside the club. Next Year in BDFL & then moving to the O&K. Only time will tell Slim.

My Contacts from the Mountains have moved on, so not sure of what the plans are for Bright from 2010.

Doon should win comfortably this weekend. Too many guns to contain.

Will be interesting to see how they go next year & if all the players stick around again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back