Prediction Best 22 - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Im with Arjen. For me the only locks are Goldy and Boomer.

Everyone else, including stars like Petrie, NDS, Ziebell, Atley etc, is droppable.

B : McDonald Thompson Hansen
HB : Wright Tarrant Atley
C : Jmac swallow Wells
HF : Harvey Petrie Waite
F : Higgins Brown Thomas

R : Goldstein Ziebell Cunnington

I : NDS Anderson Garner Jacobs

Next in line : Gibson firrito Dumont Turner Black Mckenzie mullet wood

Really like the balance of that 22

I like it too. The only thing is, that is exactly the same as our best team at the start of this season.

Where does the improvement come from to lift us to the top 4? A fit wells will do wonders, but I cant help but thinking that one or two kids will have to break the door down for us to fundamentally improve.

So you're worried about Dal Santo being 'happy' rather than having team success? There needs to be a changing of the guard soon enough and dal santo is no longer in the best 22 as we need to blood some youngsters and plan ahead. 2016 is the year

In what possible world is NDS not best 22 for 2016?

Only thing I don't like about this is Thompson having to play on a power forward.
Is most effective in a 3rd tall role imo

I like it too. The only thing is, that is exactly the same as our best team at the start of this season.

Where does the improvement come from to lift us to the top 4? A fit wells will do wonders, but I cant help but thinking that one or two kids will have to break the door down for us to fundamentally improve.

Pretty sure Jedi wasnt in our starting 2015 team.

I think the main improvement needs to come from a handful of players. McDonald needs to produce what we all know he's capable of. Jmac and Ziebell need to become consistent performers. Both guns but need to do it consistently for us to go to a new level. Lindsay needs to find his form of a few years back. Jed Anderson is an improvement on Bastinac as well IMO. Not a lot to ask for I don't think so hopefully those handful of players can go to another level that we need to be a genuine flag threat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 18 is incredibly straight forward, the bench gets tough.

Wright, Tarrant, Hansen
Atley, Thompson, Macmillan
Wells, Ziebell, Dal Santo
Harvey, Waite, Higgins
Thomas, Petrie, Brown
Goldstein, Cunnington, Swallow
IC: Firrito, Gibson, Jacobs, Garner

- McDonald needs to push Firrito, Gibson or Hansen out.
- Turner 50/50 with Garner, thought Garner has the more impressive recent form.
- Anderson has plenty to prove at North before getting a jumper.

Side note: that team can win a flag, and they better ******* believe it. Absolute stars in the middle and a half forward line that will tear teams apart.

It is interesting to note that nearly everyone has Daniel Wells in their best 22. The Daniel Wells we saw 3-4 years ago = easily best 22. However, the poor bugger is on the wrong side of 30 and has played about a dozen games in 2 years, we don't know how he is going to come back from his injuries, and I think anything we get out of him is a bonus, and that he is no longer an automatic selection for best 22.

It is interesting to note that nearly everyone has Daniel Wells in their best 22. The Daniel Wells we saw 3-4 years ago = easily best 22. However, the poor bugger is on the wrong side of 30 and has played about a dozen games in 2 years, we don't know how he is going to come back from his injuries, and I think anything we get out of him is a bonus, and that he is no longer an automatic selection for best 22.

That is the most absurd thing I have heard in a long time.

What about the Daniel Wells from the 2014 finals series?

He goes ok.

Yeah... the one who was ranked 16th best player in the AFL on AFL player rankings prior to said injury.

Mate he is a lock until the day he retires.

In what possible world is NDS not best 22 for 2016?
images

Daniel Wells not best 22!? I trust you'll show yourself out.

Spud is definitely best 22 going into round 1. Was fantastic and arguably his best year.

McDonald in front? o_O

I'd have Spud before Hansen also, was mostly useless in 2015.

But it's the same rubbish every year that Spud is under appreciated, he might finally decline so fair enough you may be right :thumbsu:

B: Wright, Tarrant, Hansen
HB: Atley, Thompson, Macmillan
C: Dal Santo, Ziebell, Wells
HF: Harvey, Waite, Higgins
F: Brown, Petrie, Thomas
Foll: Goldstein, Cunnington, Swallow
I/C: Anderson, Firrito, Gibson, Jacobs
EMG: McDonald, Garner, Turner

The 18 is incredibly straight forward, the bench gets tough.

Wright, Tarrant, Hansen
Atley, Thompson, Macmillan
Wells, Ziebell, Dal Santo
Harvey, Waite, Higgins
Thomas, Petrie, Brown
Goldstein, Cunnington, Swallow
IC: Firrito, Gibson, Jacobs, Garner

- McDonald needs to push Firrito, Gibson or Hansen out.
- Turner 50/50 with Garner, thought Garner has the more impressive recent form.
- Anderson has plenty to prove at North before getting a jumper.

Side note: that team can win a flag, and they better ******* believe it. Absolute stars in the middle and a half forward line that will tear teams apart.

I consider you to be an excellent judge.

Daniel Wells not best 22!? I trust you'll show yourself out.

Yep he is. Obviously.

Heard a whisper that Wells is looking A1 and much leaner. (just at the supermarket where he lives, but still....)

He is very important to any flag chance we have so hopefully signs are good :thumbsu:

Yep he is. Obviously.

Heard a whisper that Wells is looking A1 and much leaner. (just at the supermarket where he lives, but still....)

He is very important to any flag chance we have so hopefully signs are good :thumbsu:
I still have his B&F Herald Sun poster. Good times.

Spud is definitely best 22 going into round 1. Was fantastic and arguably his best year.

McDonald in front? o_O

I'd have Spud before Hansen also, was mostly useless in 2015.

But it's the same rubbish every year that Spud is under appreciated, he might finally decline so fair enough you may be right :thumbsu:
I certainly don't under appreciate spud. I just think for us to progress further as a team then Luke is one of a handful of players who needs to improve for us. I'm backing him to have a big pre season and actually do that. Unfortunately for spud I have him going out of the team for Luke.

Wells
---------------------------------------

A leap year
---------------------------------------

dal santo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back