Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
If I'm online I'm at work!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston CelticsRedSoxBruins
Hey team,

I'm genuinely interested to see what everyone feels in regards to our 'young guns'.

All 4 in the poll have such a high ceiling I'm not sure it'll be a clear cut leader. I do believe they'll all reach A grade standard. But will any reach that ELITE tag? Sheez is certainly on his way.

So, when we revisit this in 5+ years who would be our best player?

If you pick 'other' please drop a line to mention who you think it'll be.

Duursma, pure silk and x factor
Maybe Sheezel is our Sam Walsh, Duursma our Burgoyne and wardlaw our Paul Kelly

Nick Larkey. Is now. Will most likely still be in 5 years.

If you were setting a betting market, you'd have Sheezel as the favourite, but this could be one of those discussions that gets debated over their entire careers.

I had seen enough over the past twenty years to expect that at least one of these players would be a massive bust, but the early signs are that they are all special.

To answer the thread, I'd be betting on Wardlaw. He is basically if you took Ben Cunnington and gave him the pace and explosion of Chris Judd. He'll be one of the top contested players early this year as a teenager, and five years from now he'll be 24 and in his athletic prime.

Sheezel probably has the better career, as he seems set to be a 400+ game player, future captain, and perpetual AA, but prime Wardlaw looks set to be something incredibly special.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is LDU not an option? He'll be 29, coming off a Brownlow or close to.
Sorry I was looking at the last 2 drafts. Luke was 5 years before the Sheez draft.

He's already been in the system long enough to know he'll be A grade/Elite if he stays on the park.

History suggests one of the last 2 drafts won't make A grade. I'm curious who people think will stand out as the best

Tarryn Thomas. The guy is just untapped potential and has a very underrated work ethic on here.

For me it's Will Phil. I might be being a little biased there because I'm friends with him on Facebook, but yeah, that Brownlow vote he polled vs GC Suns in Round 24 is the first of many. You can take that to the bank.

For me it's Will Phil. I might be being a little biased there because I'm friends with him on Facebook, but yeah, that Brownlow vote he polled vs GC Suns in Round 24 is the first of many. You can take that to the bank.
You depositing at the spank bank again Arthur? :smirkcat:

Other - Byron Pickett Jr
Fingers crossed.

Curtis Taylor could easily own 2 if not 3 Endota Spa franchises in 5 years.

Back