Prediction Best and Fairest, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Tom Mcdonald really beat Fritsch in the BnF. lol. WTF. One almost one a norm, the other one was barely best 22 by seasons end.

Did Tom Mcdonald really beat Fritsch in the BnF. lol. WTF. One almost one a norm, the other one was barely best 22 by seasons end.

Get what you mean but they probably rated TMacs quieter games better than Fritsch because he works a lot more up and down the ground. I believe the way they do votes is coaches rank the players performance each game so you’re guaranteed votes if you’re in the 22.

Get what you mean but they probably rated TMacs quieter games better than Fritsch because he works a lot more up and down the ground. I believe the way they do votes is coaches rank the players performance each game so you’re guaranteed votes if you’re in the 22.

I think this is right. McDonald did have a great first half of the season and his quiet statistical games probably added more than Fritsch’s quiet statistical games. Fritsch is a bit more feast or famine.

The method for votes is four coaches rating every player between 0 and 10 for their game performance.

So any player who played a game could get a maximum of 40 votes per game, and I guess an unused medical sub would get zero.

To put that in perspective, Oliver for example played 25 games, so had a theoretical maximum of 1,000 votes he could have polled. He polled 670, or an average of 6.7/10 from each coach each game, with Petracca at 6.4 per game.

What that says is the coaches are very hard task masters and have very high standards for what would be a perfect game. Fritsch averaged about 4/10 in each game from each coach, and a guy like Lever who was All Australian and placed 5th in the B&F didn’t even average 5/10 per game.

And a b&f is a whole season where games in the 1st half are rated just a highly as games in the 2nd half

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Very happy with Ben Brown and Neville Jetta sharing some award.
I don't really care what it is but it's an award and they're sharing it and it makes me pretty happy.
Really do like this best and fairest thing in a premiership year, club really should just go full oprah winfrey on it and give everyone a car.

I think this is right. McDonald did have a great first half of the season and his quiet statistical games probably added more than Fritsch’s quiet statistical games. Fritsch is a bit more feast or famine.

The method for votes is four coaches rating every player between 0 and 10 for their game performance.

So any player who played a game could get a maximum of 40 votes per game, and I guess an unused medical sub would get zero.

To put that in perspective, Oliver for example played 25 games, so had a theoretical maximum of 1,000 votes he could have polled. He polled 670, or an average of 6.7/10 from each coach each game, with Petracca at 6.4 per game.

What that says is the coaches are very hard task masters and have very high standards for what would be a perfect game. Fritsch averaged about 4/10 in each game from each coach, and a guy like Lever who was All Australian and placed 5th in the B&F didn’t even average 5/10 per game.

Very hard taskmasters but also it shows that if you have an amazing season but miss 5-6 games you are no chance of placing well

So turns out Nibbler nabbed the coaches award (Norm Smith Memorial Trophy), very happy with that. Very very happy.

Stevie May got the James MacDonald award, aka Corps De Esprits, aka Club Values award (shoulda just called it the sick campaigner), I think that's a good call too.

Benny Brown shared the club ambassador award so he got a trophy to go with his premiership medallion, I'm going to send him a voucher for the my favourite vegan restaurant in the post too, he earned that one.

Sad Majak didn't get a little something.

Edit: wait maybe he likes fake hamburger too, I'll get him a voucher as well?

PS Goddamn my boy Kozzie robbed Luke Jackson for best young talent or whatever it is, come on.

Last edited:
Good decisions on the whole for awards, but I confess I wanted everyone to get something. I guess they get to be premiership players though. I wouldn’t mind if they had invited OMac along and given him a prize of some sort too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back