Best Full Forwards Local Leagues

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony McPhee - who recently played his 400th senior GVFL match - has kicked about 860 goals in his career, according to an article the other day. He has played 20 years at senior level.

Maurice Goolagong

Big Maurice, nephew of tennis great Evonne Goolagong Cawley, came from somewhere up in northern NSW for memory, and played for Terrigal- Avoca Panthers. Big fella but one of the strongest full forwards the Black Diamond FL, which covers Newcastle & Central Coast areas, and one of the state's best spearheads.
Goals-2000- 64
2001- 135
2002- 102
2003- 122
2004- 121
2005- 83
All leading goals for the comp. Obviously there have been bigger totals from around the country but i've always followed his efforts, and watched him a few times, a sensational player. They named the league goalkicker award after him when he retired a few years back, but he pulled on the boots again in Sydney Premier League for St George, and in 7 games has 27 to his name. I'll try and find a pic of him.
Former Fitzroy player Peter Ruscuklic played for East Sydney for a few years and notched up 136, 156 & 213 from 1979 to 81, fair effort.
Jaret Hogarth of Manly Warringah kicked about 10 100 goal seasons over the last dozen or so years.
Probably the best running around in Sydney would be Brad Abbott at UNSW/Easts in Prems, and Andy Thain for UTS in 1st Division, he kicked 8 on me to half time, and 17 for the day, strong mark and dead eye kick, good fella to boot.

I'm more of an Essendon District man myself, but over the Easter holidays I would frequent some Queenscliff games down in the Bellarine League, and there was a guy there, who looked and played like Brad Johnson, same physical dimensions too.

Played more the "Carey position" but would sometimes go out from the square.

Would win the goal- kicking year in, year out, then did his knee. Came back for about 8 games one year and kicked about 70 goals, but then did his knee again. He came runner- up in the league B&F that year too.

Guy was a freak, can't remember his name.

That would be Jamie Gladman. Freak. Would have kicked that 70 odd that year with a knee guard that was more like a matress limiting his movement but still regularly beat his 2-3 opponents each week.

In response to the question about any 100 goal kickers yet. Gary Moorcroft from Silvan in the Yarra Valley Mountain District League has 103 goals and it's the end of round 12~!

dan jordan-east point- ballarat fl

2 yr ago kicked 50 sumfin goals in 5 weeks in a quality footy league

twice played for the vcfl side
i think once for the big v in the ammos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone know of any history of 2 guys in the same side kicking 100 in the h & a season. in cairns the cairns saints had 2. jason eagle finished on 117 or there abouts and matt welsh kicked 17 inthe last game of season to finish on 102. any info?

In the Tallangatta League James Gunn would be up there with the best big tough and an accurate shot
in the upper murray league tommy kite kicked 23 goals in the last round to take his season tally to 163. kicked over 20 goals in a game 3 times for the year!

i believe dylan parish, the 16 year old horsham demon boy is going to be a gun.. plays a dual full forward alongside david johns in the seniors. kicked 49 goals throughout the year in only 10 games.. this includes 4 goals in their grand final win!
also plays a full forward role in the tac cup for the north ballarat rebels and can play centre half back which makes him a versatile player

Jonothan Kent
FF

Glenroy Football Club
Essendon District Football League

Booted over 100 goals in B- Grade this season. First year in the league I believe. Nothing of him, but I can honestly say there are few blokes I've seen quicker and more agile on the lead at any level. He'd stand maybe 6ft0" and weigh 70kg, but he's a great athlete and just unstoppable in open space. Fantastic to watch, you'd go just to see him. The "Roy Boys" crowd is very perocial, and there is nothing better than Jonothan out on the lead, ball on its way to his chest being met with the unified scream of "KENT." Kicked 3.4 in the E.D.F.L B. Grade GF last weekend playing on the FB in the B. Grade Team of the Year, but should have kicked at least 6, poor kicking and a late game injury hampered him. Interested to see how he'll go in A- Grade next year after a great win to Glenroy.

Clarke from port colts shouldn't get a mention in the likes of Dan Jordan. If dan jordan played WRFL, he'd kick 200.
Played against both and Dan Jordan had more talent in his little toe. Clarke was no peanut either. Could play the game very well.

Dan jordan / freak.

Dan Jordan is just brilliant.

No-one mentioned Aaron James? Thought he was the gun f/f this year?

Timmy Trail is good but not 'great'.

One I saw that I thought 'could' have been the best I'd seen ended up being so bloody lazy it wasnt funny. Darren Hill was his name...played somewhere in the eastern suburbs before heading further east to the Mid Gippy league. Everything about him screamed champion. Shame that one.

Nick Lecchino ex Bell Park (GFL)/Morwell (LVFL)/Morwell East (MGFL)/Rosedale (NGFL). Kicked a lot of tons and had something like 13 knee operations - 5 or 6 of those were major reco's.

Loveless was great. Had to laugh whenever he spoke though with such a squeaky voice coming out of a man mountain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back