Best.Game.Ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

My top 4:

PS2: NHL 97 & 98 (best sports game ever for me)
N64: Goldeneye
PC: Counterstrike
Arcade: Snowbros (possibly the best game ever created)

Final Fantasy 7

The best RPG ever. It was hooking everybody in at the time.

The charactors might have had blocky hands but the care but into all aspects of gameplay and storyline was first class. One of the greatest games ever. I sold Playstation to millions and the FF games that came after it were only feeding of it's success.

Super Mario Brothers 3

Built on the original classic from the 80s after the flop that was Mario bros 2. Warp whistles and racoon tales. Who remembers "The Wizard" movie?

T.H.U.G 2 (Tony Hawk Underground 2)

This is where skating games hit their peak. Acid drops, spine transfers, getting massive air, pulling off huge tricks and linking it all together with grinding and manuals in an epic 20 million point combo :) What a game!!!!

GTA San Andreas - Big open world map, great storyline, excellent enjoying gameplay. Pioneered breakthroughs in the way you could interact with the in game environment.

Halflife 1

Possibly the most complete FPS game of it's time. One of the all time greats. Took the single player FPS genre to the next level.

Tetris

A gaming institution.

Final Fantasy 7

The best RPG ever. It was hooking everybody in at the time.

The charactors might have had blocky hands but the care but into all aspects of gameplay and storyline was first class. One of the greatest games ever. I sold Playstation to millions and the FF games that came after it were only feeding of it's success.

Super Mario Brothers 3

Built on the original classic from the 80s after the flop that was Mario bros 2. Warp whistles and racoon tales. Who remembers "The Wizard" movie?

T.H.U.G 2 (Tony Hawk Underground 2)

This is where skating games hit their peak. Acid drops, spine transfers, getting massive air, pulling off huge tricks and linking it all together with grinding and manuals in an epic 20 million point combo :) What a game!!!!

GTA San Andreas - Big open world map, great storyline, excellent enjoying gameplay. Pioneered breakthroughs in the way you could interact with the in game environment.

Halflife 1

Possibly the most complete FPS game of it's time. One of the all time greats. Took the single player FPS genre to the next level.

Tetris

A gaming institution.

How can you day FF7 is the best RPG of all time against competition like Baldurs Gate II and Planescape Torment?

Since most the brilliant old games have been mentioned... my favourite PS3 game would have to be Valkyria Chronicles. I even bought a PSP just to play the second, I couldn't get enough of it!

I hated Baldours Gate. Tried to play it but didn't really like the style.

Never been a big fan of Diablo I/II either.

Haven't heard of Planescape.

Goldeneye was fun in the days of N64 but QuakeII multiplayer was much better.

I was reading Atomic magazine and they talk about the rise and fall of FMV in gaming.

This is what made FF7 so good.

It was just before the in game graphics were good enough to act themselves so they spent truckloads on the vids.

After that it was all deemed easier and cheaper to make almost everything using ingame engines.

Pretty sad to see how gaming goes backwards in some ways as it moves forwards in others.

I was reading Atomic magazine and they talk about the rise and fall of FMV in gaming.

This is what made FF7 so good.

It was just before the in game graphics were good enough to act themselves so they spent truckloads on the vids.

After that it was all deemed easier and cheaper to make almost everything using ingame engines.

Pretty sad to see how gaming goes backwards in some ways as it moves forwards in others.

I'm surprised nobody agreed with my Privateer 2 suggestion. Video scenes included Clive Owen and Christopher Walken. Was such a great game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No matter how repetitive, there's nothing like getting on the bike in your wife-beater and riding to the gym.

Sending CJ to Burger Shot or Cluckin; Bell and fattening him up, and back to the gym.

Can't beat Los Santos' Eazy E, Ryder. :thumbsu:

Endless replay value.

I remember fanging it through the desert outside Las Venturas in a supercar, blaring White Wedding or Smokin', and thinking that it should be illegal to have this much fun.

AFL 95 on the NES.

No seriously it was so real.

COD4 just behind it.

Clearly never played NES Aussie Rules Footy if you're calling it AFL 95.

I haven't played it in 10 years. OUT OF BOUNDS ON THE FULL.:thumbsu:

Heres a list of some of my favourite games, old and new, different genres. Spent heaps of hours on all of these:

PC: Stunts, Age of Empires 2, HalfLife 1 and 2, Counter Strike, Team Fortress 2, BF:Bad Company 2. Hopefully I can add BF3 and The Witcher 2 to this list shortly

N64: Mario 64; Golden Eye 64

PSX: Finaly Fantasy 7 and 8; Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Multi Platform: Contra series; Metal Gear Solid Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Back