Best.Game.Ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

I may be showing my age here but when Tie Fighter came out I was blown away. Absolutely loved that game. Lucasarts were the Blizzard of my youth!

Its a shame the space battle flight sim sort of game has died. Descent Freespace was awesome.

Big fan of both Goldeneye and Mario Kart on the 64. Was handy having a brother and 2 sisters, instant 4 player game!

But my all time favourite would have to be the Starcraft series. Love that type of game, especially when it is done as well as Blizzard do it.

I may be showing my age here but when Tie Fighter came out I was blown away. Absolutely loved that game. Lucasarts were the Blizzard of my youth!

Epic game. Always remember they day i destroyed a Star Destroyer single handedly, took forever but was lulz when it went down.

X-wing was good but IMO was so much harder than Tie Fighter.

In the last 2 years: Mass Effect 2. Simply unsurpassed in storyline and direction.

Ever... A tough one. My first game ever (Spyro) on PSX is up there. I was always a complete freakshow at Tony Hawk games. Can't split those on PS1.

Half Life two would have to come close.

For me, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is the game that got me hooked on video games. I remember playing it with Dad and when we got stuck, I would write letters to the Green Guide (they used to have a section where a person would help you out in the game, albeit only 3 letters gets replied to each week). Oh it brings back good memories.

I think point-and-click games are awesome. Simplistic and with good story telling. LucasArt was a master at it with their release if Monkey Island series. I disagree with what they're doing right now of whoring themselves generic Lego games.

For fun factor Tony Hawks 3 on Xbox or ps2 and Goldeneye 007 on n64

Much respect to the people who mentioned Speedball 2. I was all set to re-buy it on XBLA when I discovered this:

Developer Empire Interactive was shutdown in May 2009, shortly after the game has been delisted from Xbox Live Arcade. Anyone who downloaded Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe when it was still available can keep the game on their console's hard drive, earn achievements, and continue to play it while connected to Xbox Live (including online multiplayer).
I felt like Homer in the episode when he spoke about waiting too long to go to the shops to meet Mr. T. :(

My vote goes to the original Doom. So much fun was had playing Deathmatch over a serial cable and null modem all those years ago *shakes fist at all you young whipper snappers with your CoDs and your Halos and your voting of Vice City over GTAIII (the real trendsetter)*

Much respect to the people who mentioned Speedball 2. I was all set to re-buy it on XBLA when I discovered this:

I felt like Homer in the episode when he spoke about waiting too long to go to the shops to meet Mr. T. :(

My vote goes to the original Doom. So much fun was had playing Deathmatch over a serial cable and null modem all those years ago *shakes fist at all you young whipper snappers with your CoDs and your Halos and your voting of Vice City over GTAIII (the real trendsetter)*
GTA III broke the ground but Vice City is masterpiece

Would sooner replay VC over GTA3 or SA - loved the other two but Vice City just takes the cake

The setting, the music, the story, the characters just make it awesome

GTA3 had a dumb guy as the main character and SA was far too gangster for me (though the variety of missions and locations was what made it incredible)

Would love a London based GTA if Miami isn't the next location

For me, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is the game that got me hooked on video games. I remember playing it with Dad and when we got stuck, I would write letters to the Green Guide (they used to have a section where a person would help you out in the game, albeit only 3 letters gets replied to each week). Oh it brings back good memories.

I think point-and-click games are awesome. Simplistic and with good story telling. LucasArt was a master at it with their release if Monkey Island series. I disagree with what they're doing right now of whoring themselves generic Lego games.
The LucasArts Archives was the first computer game(s) I purchased with my own money. Best compilation ever. Was super excited when my neighbour got a job at Internode and got ISDN so I could ask him to look up hints for me.

TIE Fighter was awesome, though whoever said it was much easier than X-Wing had it right. The 3rd mission in X-Wing was so hard that it was mentioned in a Star Wars novel. Unlike TIE Fighter with its OPed fighters like the Defender and Missile Gunboat.

Reminds me of my Commodore Amiga collection of hint guide discs, before the days of FAQS/Walkthroughs on websites (like gamefaqs), they were awesome. Not that i used them that much ;) :D.

Also i downloaded Indiana Jones & the last crusade + Fate of Atlantis through Steam via the LucasArts adventure pack a few months back :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GTA III broke the ground but Vice City is masterpiece

Agreed, Vice City is technically the better game, but GTAIII just blew me away the first time I played it. Despite being better in every respect, the sequels just didn't have the same impact. When I first played Vice City my initial reaction was "Cool! It's GTAIII but with motorbikes, Billie Jean and Ray Liotta!" Whereas my first impression of GTAIII was:

:eek::eek::eek:

GTAIII was the defining game of the last generation. After it's release EVERY game (and even genre) suddenly *had* to be open world. Vice City (and San Andreas) didn't have the same impact on the marketplace.

Agreed, Vice City is technically the better game, but GTAIII just blew me away the first time I played it. Despite being better in every respect, the sequels just didn't have the same impact. When I first played Vice City my initial reaction was "Cool! It's GTAIII but with motorbikes, Billie Jean and Ray Liotta!" Whereas my first impression of GTAIII was:

:eek::eek::eek:

GTAIII was the defining game of the last generation. After it's release EVERY game (and even genre) suddenly *had* to be open world. Vice City (and San Andreas) didn't have the same impact on the marketplace.

Yeah good point. i also remember that wow factor and standard gta lll had on the gaming world

Some of my Favourites.....

- Halo 1,2,3
- Goldeneye 007 N64 still to this day one of my most played in my entire collection
- Mario Kart snes, back when i shared a flat with some mates we used to stay up all night drinking and playing this. great times
- Resident Evil 2,4
- Any fighting game on the Dreamcast
- Call of Duty series
- Gran Tourismo/s
- and plenty of old games on Atari, Coleco etc etc

But the best and most enjoyable game i've played is definately GTA 3.......loved just creating anarchy, it took you further into a game then any other. Just couldn't put this game down....

So many great games over the years.

I'll give you my favourites from all the consoles I have had.

COLECOVISION : Zaxxon
NES : Aussie Rules Footy (out of bounds . . . on the full :D)
MEGA DRIVE : Desert Strike
SNES : NBA Jam
N64 : Goldeneye
PS1 : Silent Hill
XBOX : GTA San Andreas
PS3 : COD 4 Modern Warefare

Overall . . . . . . . Goldeneye by the length of the straight!

Seemed to have the most fun on the N64 also. Nostalgia I think.

Overall . . . . . . . Goldeneye by the length of the straight!

Seemed to have the most fun on the N64 also. Nostalgia I think.

THIS! Seems everyone posting here is of a similar age bracket I think.

Looking back though, I feel like PSOne had better good games, but N64 had better great games.

Super Smash bros - Nintendo 64
Mario Kart - Super Nintendo
Crash Team Racing - Playstation
Fifa 99 - Playstation
Cricket '04 - PS2
FIFA 05 - PS2
SR2 - PS3

ALL CM/FM's (except 2006 I guess)

OOT.... By far the best game I've played Has heaps of replay value and I still play it threw once every couple of years

MM ...superb follow up and like OOT I still play it to this day

Banjo Kazooie.... Was the first n64 game I played and I just loved its warm and quirky characters inlcuding the witch. One that everyone still plays in my family

Its a no brainer for me... Orcarina of Time

Loved every second of that game and will be hard to top. For anyone that hasnt played it, i suggest getting an emulator and play it on your pc (assuming all N64's are old and broken)

The GTA series have been good fun with special mentions to Fifa and COD.

but as it stands, ocarina of time by a country mile.

I pulled out Ocarina of time over my easter break and clocked it... My N64 is still going strong!:thumbsu:

Agree with those listing FFX and Baldur's Gate II. Seriously, these rpgs will NEVER be dethroned. I remember spending hours just grinding outside Zanarkand to listen to 'Someday the Dream Will End'...
Final Fantasy games have the best music compositions in video game history.

Adding to that list, I'll throw in FF8 (brings me back to my teenage days) and Everquest... old school Everquest was better than WOW ever will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back