Best.Game.Ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

super mario all stars & speedball 2 for playability purposes only, they still get the absolute s**t played out of them from time to time!

Loved that game on Amiga. Only thing that sucked was your original players abilities capped out at 220. You had to draft players to get better stats.

Ocarina of Time by a mile. Nothing has come close to it and I clocked up 100 hours on Final Fantasy X in my uni holidays way back when and still, it does not compare.

Multiplayer a toss up (lol) between Mario Kart 64 and Goldeneye 64. Both just hours and hours of intense fun.

The top line games on the 64 are unrivalled.

Mortal Kombat, on Sega Genesis, is the best video game ever. I disagree, it's a very good game, but i think Donkey king is the best game.

Fifa 11.
Mario Kart 64.
Golden Eye.
Vice City.

Its a no brainer for me... Orcarina of Time

Loved every second of that game and will be hard to top. For anyone that hasnt played it, i suggest getting an emulator and play it on your pc (assuming all N64's are old and broken)

The GTA series have been good fun with special mentions to Fifa and COD.

but as it stands, ocarina of time by a country mile.

It's so hard because I loved so many equally. I can narrow it down too:

Final Fantasy 6 SNES
Final Fantasy 10 PS2
GTA Vice City
Space Quest 5 PC
Fallout 2 PC
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis PC
Mass Effect 2 PS3
International Superstar Soccer Deluxe SNES

Its a no brainer for me... Orcarina of Time

Loved every second of that game and will be hard to top. For anyone that hasnt played it, i suggest getting an emulator and play it on your pc (assuming all N64's are old and broken)

The GTA series have been good fun with special mentions to Fifa and COD.

but as it stands, ocarina of time by a country mile.

I've tried this before but couldn't find a rom that worked.

I can't believe people like Majora's Mask. I friggin hated it. It had such a different feel to Ocarina of Time. I don't want to bloody rush. I want to take my time and feel the emotion of everything that made Hyrule amazing and sad.

1. Ocarina of Time
2. GoldenEye 007
3. Mario Kart 64
4. Banjo Kazooie

I love those games so much. BJ is severely underrated. Its world is magical, rich and completely engaging.

Surprised at the lack of love for halo. Was hard choice between these two but I think this one had a huge impact on the online gaming world and I spent countless hours playing it not to mention I loved the campaign to.

1. Halo 2. seriously could still easily jump straight back in to this one.

2. Gta-VC. Story line is great the music was deffinatly the best to and I was like 10 when i first played it haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deus Ex (Great story & JC is the champ)
Mass Effect (Why is all the love for part 2?)
Metal Gear Solid (Everything about this game is quality)
Syphon Filter 2 (Underrated)

Have been told Shadow of the Colossus & System Shock 2 are must play games, will be next on my list.

I can't simply choose 1... Its impossible but broken down to categories it can be done.

Online: HALO 3 - Still the best online shooter imo, Reach is fun but has bridged a gap between skilled and unskilled players that I don't like.

RTS: Age of Empires 2 - Rarely will a game have such awesomeness

MMORPG: WoW - The never ending saga continues - The only problem with WoW is that its addictive qualities mean people like me should never, ever take it up again for the sake of life itself.

Sport: FIFA 11... I only say 11 cause generally each release is the old release with better graphics, more customisation, more player movements and enhancement in offline and online modes but FIFA owns the sport game genre.. Close second, Tony Hawks Pro Skater

RPG: Ocarina of Time - easily the best storyline, best gameplay and great graphics for its time. The best thing about it was how challenging it was. I spent days on sections I couldn't work out only to go "that was so easy.... WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT!!" The frustration was equalled with its simplicity. Mass effect 2 closed the gap and I played all of the GTA's but this still gets the nod. oh and btw GTA3 was the best, if not purely for Chatterbox FM.

Shooter Storyline: Halo Combat Evolved - The flaws... Repetitive level design. The highlights.... EVERYTHING ELSE.

Anyone who says COD needs to play more games.

I've been playing a lot of Morrowind lately, so much potential, so many flaws (combat, punches hurting your fatigue, crashing all the times).

GTA: Vice City was for me the best game I have ever played. The moment when you finally get to the top of crime mountain and fly around in your private helicopter to collect cash from all all your assets is epic to say the least

Loved the GTA games but never bothered to finish any of them

I'd have to go back to the games that well and truly hooked me on the subject:

Lakers vs Celtics and the NBA Playoffs
NHL 94

GTA Vice was a great game that will always have a welcome place in the collection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back