Opinion Best kicks of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

great list of big kicks.

It has been a while since I have seen 3 of these. How did they go with 30m passes?

It was a different game when Bennett & Graham played. Not this chip it 20 metres over and over again stuff we have now.

A Rocca possession invariably meant a shot at goal.

Darren Jarman surely makes the opposite foot kick as well. Far better then Mitchell and Hocking.

Jarman is the best all around kick i have seen. Jason Dunstall agrees.

Sam Mitchell uses his non-preferred foot more than his preferred because it doesn't matter because he is so good at it. From what I have seen Hocking was also a brilliant kick off the the opposite foot.

I've been watching footy since the early 80s. I think the standard generally has gotten better over time as players became professional, trained more etc.

But even so, IMO no one has kicked it better than D Jarman.

Spent the first part of his career putting holes in Dunstall's chest. The second part kicking crunch goals to win Adelaide two flags.

Fat. Lazy. Superstar.

Gotta laugh at people nominating backman, Fletcher etc etc, sure they're all big kicks but FMD, they mostly kick to space, they aren't hitting up forwards lace out inside 50.

Also gotta laugh at those picking Jarman ahead of Daicos, Daicos was on another planet compared to Jarman, I've watched footy from the late 70s and I've yet to see anyone come close to Daicos, some of his goals on his opposite foot were just ridiculous, he went alright on his natural foot as well.

Snaps-dribbles-set shots-bananas-massive torps-opposite foot goals on the run, except no substitute.

Injury robbed him from being the best player of all time.

Last edited:
Gotta laugh at people nominating backman, Fletcher etc etc, sure they're all big kicks but FMD, they mostly kick to space, they aren't hitting up forwards lace out inside 50.

Also gotta laugh at those picking Jarman ahead of Daicos, Daicos was on another planet compared to Jarman, I've watched footy from the late 70s and I've yet to see anyone come close to Daicos, some of his goals on his opposite foot were just ridiculous, he went alright on his natural foot as well.

Snaps-dribbles-set shots-bananas-massive torps-opposite foot goals on the run, except no substitute.

Injury robbed him from being the best player of all time.

The modern day backman (and alot of the better backman from yesteryear) do hit up forwards lace out inside 50, see Suckling, Gilbee et all, it's a pretty big and crucial part of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back