Best tall swingman in the AFL

Best tall swingman

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just admit that McGovern isn't the best kpp out of both sides. We smoked you.
Exactly, you smoked us in the midfield. It was one of the biggest midfield reamings I have seen. McGovern kept pavlich to 0 goals. That is who McGovern played on, you know that right?

Pav had 18 touches and kicked 3 points. Not sure thats a win for Mcgovern. He isn't better than Pav, Mac or Johnson.
But Kennedy got our most inside 50s. While Johnson got destroyed and cost you guys 3 goals. Pavlich missed 3 easy shots and was very selfish. All while your midfield reamed us.

I watched most Hawthorn games the past few years. I haven't seen him play defence very often. I did put the best players to fit the criteria in it, but you changed that.

You don't get to decide that

Didn't you mention ruck in the OP too?

I reckon Hurley and Henderson have the two biggest sample sizes for playing both ends. Taylor only ever gets swung forward mid play almost to sneak goals. Rarely lines up there for extended periods.

Henderson is very good although i was always suss on his defending.

Hurley's a gun back and IMO a good enough key forward to build around (say 35-40 goals and holds structure) so i went with him.

Carlisle isn't showing a lot up forward.

Waite's played well both ends but is hideously inconsistent.

Westhoff i don't see holding kpd roles really, more of a floating utility but i'm being a dickhead with semantics there.

Reid could easily be the best swingman of the lot but just can't put him above Hurley and Hendo who have been really physically reliable lately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just admit it mcgovern would be your teams best KPP.

Yet Mcgovern is the only one in AA talks.
No, he's not. Right now Johnson is the 3rd tall defender for AA IMO, McPharlin is in there despite missing 2 games, Sandilands has dominated all the other AA ruckmen when playing them and Pavlich would be in the squad right now.

Freo are undefeated on top of the ladder largely because their spine has been dominant in most games.

No, he's not. Right now Johnson is the 3rd tall defender for AA IMO, McPharlin is in there despite missing 2 games, Sandilands has dominated all the other AA ruckmen when playing them and Pavlich would be in the squad right now.

Freo are undefeated on top of the ladder largely because their spine has been dominant in most games.
Pretty sure he is.

Neither McPharlin nor Pav would be in the 22, with McPharlin a maybe for the squad.

90% of people have him in their sides. Fremantle are undefeated because of their midfield and only their midfield, their top 5 spots in the bnf will be from the middle of the ground. Mcgovern is leading ours.

McGovern kept pavlich to 0 goals. That is who McGovern played on, you know that right?

Schofield actually played on Pavlich most of the day.

Now watch McGovern in the first dockers goal to Clarke, he is playing lose and gets lost when Pav and Clarke switch past each other. 2nd goal, beaten in a 1 on 1 against Taberner. 3rd goal went to ground let Pavlich kick the ball inside 50. The 5th goal, leaves his man alone inside 50 and Taberner marks 15m out turns and kicks a goal.

All in the 1st quarter.

McGovern was injured halfway through the 2nd and didnt come back until after halftime, he was then subbed out 10 minutes before 3/4 time. He played well during the 2 and a bit quarters but the Eagles kicked 9 goals to 2 when he was actually off the field. Hmmmm.

Pavlich missed 3 easy shots and was very selfish.

Pavlich had 6 score involvements in the 1st quarter, which equals the record for a Dockers player. Seems very selfish?!?

You can find everything at the AFL Match Centre. I would have but i dont know how to upload videos from my phone.

Last edited:

Now watch McGovern in the first dockers goal to Clarke, he is playing lose and gets lost when Pav and Clarke switch past each other. 2nd goal, beaten in a 1 on 1 against Taberner. 3rd goal went to ground let Pavlich kick the ball inside 50. The 5th goal, leaves his man alone inside 50 and Taberner marks 15m out turns and kicks a goal.

All in the 1st quarter.

McGovern was injured halfway through the 2nd and didnt come back until after halftime, he was then subbed out 10 minutes before 3/4 time. He played well during the 2 and a bit quarters but the Eagles kicked 9 goals to 2 when he was actually off the field. Hmmmm.

Pavlich had 6 score involvements in the 1st quarter, which equals the record for a Dockers player. Seems very selfish?!?

You can find everything at the AFL Match Centre. I would have but i dont know how to upload videos from my phone.

I think he is underselling the aforementioned Fremantle players while you're also underselling McGovern's pretty amazing season.
Regardless of the outcome of that match where WCE were comprehensively and systematically destroyed, McGovern's season prior to, and following that match has been pretty amazing for a player who has played so few games.

All in the 1st quarter.

Furthermore, the gym4life or whatever his name is dude sounds like he knows nothing about AFL so maybe just ignore him.

while you're also underselling McGovern's pretty amazing season.

No not at all, it was just in reference to the one game.

Furthermore, the gym4life or whatever his name is dude sounds like he knows nothing about AFL so maybe just ignore him.

Yeah i know i should have let it go, but he is an Eagles fan. :D

McGovern has been better performed then any of fremantles KPP's this season.

Back