Best win in our home and away history?

Remove this Banner Ad

Most exciting I reckon. Absolutely unbelievable. We came from behind. I came from my couch.

Best for me was the last round of 1993 vs Collingwood at home - win to make the finals for the first time. Came from behind in that one too.

Comeback games always seem like 'one of the best' don't they? Regardless of what you decide, congratulations on the win. Don't let the narrative of North's close losses detract from what was a solid win between two willing and competitive sides. :thumbsu:

Petrie got two frees at CHB in the last minute and bombed it both times! We did have more scoring shots and North couldn't miss... At one point they had kicked 12 or 13 goals without a miss. What an amazing win.

R22 1993 vs Collingwood.
R2 2005 vs Collingwood.
R22 2005 vs West Coast.
R16 2010 vs Geelong.
R5 2012 vs Sydney.
Today.

R22 1993 vs Collingwood.
R2 2005 vs Collingwood.
R22 2005 vs West Coast.
R16 2010 vs Geelong.
R5 2012 vs Sydney.
Today.
Bolded is the game I first thought of - it ensured that we would play finals for the first time in the club's history. That's a massive result.

Winning a game that puts us 5-4 after 9 rounds, with nothing assured regarding our longer term future? Probably not in the same league when it comes to importance.

This
I thought that too - I screamed exactly the same way I screamed when we won against the Bullies in 97.
^^This^^
You can rank biggest wins on your reaction I reckon...I scared the shit out of my kids when pets kicked that goal, and was shaking and screaming!! As an adult (Im 28) I can put this up there with our win against Sydney up there last year.

Pure amazing!

Nah, this game meant something.

Geelong at Footy Park - Tex breaks out, Hendo from 50 on the boundary, Sloane announces himself, the Johncock tackle on Ablett... It was pretty good. In a meaningless way.

Also was Mcleod's last game, although we didn't know it at the time it adds to my memory of this game. My favorite ever, Footy Park was something else that night. And for the whole week before I felt this strange sense that we would win.

It reminded me so much of the 97 preliminary. Not the status of the games obviously but just how far gone we were.

Like that prelim, I never genuinely believed that we would win. Even when Jarman/Petrenko put us in front I was certain that we'd give away a free or they'd jag a goal somewhere.

And both times the ball ended up on the safety of the camera-side wing as the clock wound down!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still lost for words. When I got home I ran into the shower to hug the missus. I actually whispered to a mate when that norf player was lining up in the last quarter "If there is a god please let him miss" so now I need to find this god and worship it/him/her lol.

It feels un-Adelaide like. Somehow in a blaze of Bernie pulling his pants up and returning his attention to the game, a head gaffe from North, and some good old fashion rootin' tootin' serendipity from Brent, we stole a win. We stole one. That is the first win we've stolen I think since we last lifted the cup. It has been that long.

We did it folks. We beat the Roos, the umipres, Trigg and Brent Reilly. We found a way around our captain.

We did it.

This

^^This^^
You can rank biggest wins on your reaction I reckon...I scared the shit out of my kids when pets kicked that goal, and was shaking and screaming!! As an adult (Im 28) I can put this up there with our win against Sydney up there last year.

Pure amazing!

Yeah I don't think I've had the tingles/shakes like that since the '97 Prelim... That was just so ridiculous -

So glad that I was there

I'm still lost for words. When I got home I ran into the shower to hug the missus. I actually whispered to a mate when that norf player was lining up in the last quarter "If there is a god please let him miss" so now I need to find this god and worship it/him/her lol.

When you were in the shower with your missus? o_O

The Sydney game last year was really important. It gave me the belief that Sando and this group could do it

I can't remember being in this much shock after a home and away game though. But not sure if thats more to do with us, or more to do with North's record this year. Can't believe it happened.

I remember an Eagle's supporter posted in the preview thread for us to in after the siren and what laughs would be ahd. He wasn't far off!

Does anyone remember when we lost showdown 1? The next week we went to Princess park to play Footscray. We couldn't win in Melbourne apparently, we were written of as a club.

I think we had an easy 8 goal win..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back