Best win in our home and away history?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee if you just watched the faces of the Crows supporter group, you'd think we'd kicked a junk time goal and down by 45.

Couldn't get a more boring group of supporters if we tried.

I was jumping up and down like a lunatic!
I'm not sure they realized we were up. There was a scoreboard malfunction which didn't count Kerridge's goal so it only corrected itself a bit after Pups goal. I was going ballistic at home though I couldn't believe it!

I'm not sure they realized we were up. There was a scoreboard malfunction which didn't count Kerridge's goal so it only corrected itself a bit after Pups goal. I was going ballistic at home though I couldn't believe it!

Correct, we didn't know at the ground for a little bit until someone yelled out it was 5 points the difference. I was trying to check twitter but my hands were shaking so much and my phone went flat, talk about timing.

Anyway I'm not sure who those people were they showed after the Petrenko goal. I was sitting close by and there were so many crows supporters going absolutely nuts.

How good was it radiojake? Crows supporters celebrating like we won the grand final at the end petrenko goaled. I was shaking for hours after the game. To top it off I met the great man D.Jarman after the game at the waterside pub. All this just after I had my head it my hands watching us getting rolled by plenty. Certainly had that 97/98 feel a out it.

Even the scoreboard operators were against us. Not only did we not know the correct score officially we did not know how long was left. I had to retrieve my mate from running up and down the aisle hugging and high fiving yelling peeeetrenkoooo for that last bounce.

Best home and away win?

Vs Carlton in 2001 at Princess Park when Roo kicked 5 in pouring rain.

Best finals victory?

1993 vs the Hawks at the MCG.

Playing the powerhouse side from the 80's, and premiership side from 1991 on the MCG in only out 65th game of AFL footy was a monumental effort.

Then the preliminary and grand final games.

Correct, we didn't know at the ground for a little bit until someone yelled out it was 5 points the difference. I was trying to check twitter but my hands were shaking so much and my phone went flat, talk about timing.

Anyway I'm not sure who those people were they showed after the Petrenko goal. I was sitting close by and there were so many crows supporters going absolutely nuts.

I had realised there was something wrong with the scoreboard after Kerridge's goal. As I mentioned in another thread, after we were back to three goals I started yelling out stuff about North choking again, and then after Douglas scored to get the game back to 12 points, another Crows man started chanting "TWO MORE GOALS" - So when after Kerridge goaled and the scoreboard still said 12 points the margin, I was 99% certain it was wrong... then when the score still didn't change after Petrenko's point, I was getting frustrated.

But at the same time, if I hadn't been so focussed on counting down the 'goals to go', I could totally see how the scoreboard would have tricked me into thinking we were still 2 goals down, not 5 points...

Luckily it didn't stop us charging... I wonder if North players felt they had a bigger lead than they did?

How good was it radiojake?

Magnificent!

I had realised there was something wrong with the scoreboard after Kerridge's goal. As I mentioned in another thread, after we were back to three goals I started yelling out stuff about North choking again, and then after Douglas scored to get the game back to 12 points, another Crows man started chanting "TWO MORE GOALS" - So when after Kerridge goaled and the scoreboard still said 12 points the margin, I was 99% certain it was wrong... then when the score still didn't change after Petrenko's point, I was getting frustrated.

But at the same time, if I hadn't been so focussed on counting down the 'goals to go', I could totally see how the scoreboard would have tricked me into thinking we were still 2 goals down, not 5 points...

Luckily it didn't stop us charging... I wonder if North players felt they had a bigger lead than they did?

Magnificent!

I asked this in another thread. Surely some of the North players thought they were still 11 points up with only a few seconds to go. I didn't even know Adelaide was in front until the last goal was kicked. The Adelaide fans (all five of them) in our vicinity went apeshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back