Betting Websites - Free And Bonus Betting Offers

Remove this Banner Ad

Placed a bet with Colossalbet on the NBA Boston v Cleveland game this morning and they send me an email at half time of the game telling me they have canceled my bet due to and incorrect price and human error. Do I have any grounds to argue this matter further or do I just have to cop it.

Placed a bet with Colossalbet on the NBA Boston v Cleveland game this morning and they send me an email at half time of the game telling me they have canceled my bet due to and incorrect price and human error. Do I have any grounds to argue this matter further or do I just have to cop it.
I think this requires more context before an assessment can be made.

1. What was the bet?
  2. What time did you place the bet?
  3. What reason was provided for the cancellation of the bet?
  4. Was the bet cancelled prior to the start of the match? You said you received an email at HT, is that when the bet was cancelled also?

Can I assume you placed a bet shortly after it was announced Mitchell wasn't out?

I think this requires more context before an assessment can be made.

1. What was the bet?
  2. What time did you place the bet?
  3. What reason was provided for the cancellation of the bet?
  4. Was the bet cancelled prior to the start of the match? You said you received an email at HT, is that when the bet was cancelled also?

Can I assume you placed a bet shortly after it was announced Mitchell wasn't out?
1. Bet was just a Player Prop
2. Placed the bet about 1/2am this morning
3. They said the reasoning they are canceling is the price was “clearly incorrect”

“b) If any price offered on our website is clearly a result of human and/or system error, we reserve the right to cancel bets placed at this price”

4. The bet was canceled 2/3 minutes before the email was sent so effectively cancelled at half time.

Placed the bet well before anyone was ruled out.

3. They said the reasoning they are canceling is the price was “clearly incorrect”

“b) If any price offered on our website is clearly a result of human and/or system error, we reserve the right to cancel bets placed at this price”

4. The bet was canceled 2/3 minutes before the email was sent so effectively cancelled at half time.

What was the prop and odds?

I think if they make a mistake they should have to suck it up and take it but that isn't the world we live sadly

what was the bet?

Yeah, we need to know the bet.

I think it's poor form for a bet to be cancelled after a match has commenced. Based on that, I believe you have grounds for a review. However, even if successful, you're probably going to have a tough time getting a decent bet on in the future.

The reality is, even when you win you lose.

You have more chance of getting these paid now than before assuming its not a complete error.
But until you say what it is no one is going to be able to help

Aside from SB, are there many other bookies that offer a bonus back for failed AFL multi's on Thurs and/or Fri games (not incl 1 leg failed SGM promos)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bet was $12 for Tatum Double Double
1.5-60 on other books so it is an error but they had left the bet for like 8 hours.
Just on principle alone I would argue that pretty hard, threaten etc. Cant cancel a bet half way through a match. I had one cancelled before on a match with inversed odds and I copped that begrudgingly and they gave me a $50 bb. What was the state of the bet at the time, was he well on target or behind?

Just on principle alone I would argue that pretty hard, threaten etc. Cant cancel a bet half way through a match. I had one cancelled before on a match with inversed odds and I copped that begrudgingly and they gave me a $50 bb. What was the state of the bet at the time, was he well on target or behind?
I agree with this.

There are two issues here.

1. They made the error.
2. They cancelled the error after the match commenced.

In relation to cancelling a bet before a match commences, while that's annoying, it would be quite a challenge and a lengthy process to reverse a bookmaker's decision to cancel a bet. You'd most likely have to lodge an appeal and argue a reasonable person couldn't have been aware it was a palpable error.

In relation to cancelling the bet after a match commences, this doesn't sit well with me, and I highly doubt it would sit well with a reasonable person. If I was in your position, I'd absolutely take this further. If I was an enquiry officer working for the NSW, Liquor & Gaming and I was presented with an appeal based on the information posted by clapperpunter, I'd be wanting a very strong argument by the bookmaker as to why the bet shouldn't be honoured.

I've read several findings over the years on the NTRC website (these are available for reading and some are quite interesting) but I can't ever recall reading an appeal based on a bet being cancelled after an event commences. I'm not saying there wouldn't be similar findings you can read, just that I haven't come across one. Perhaps either I'm not looking hard enough, or perhaps it's because cancelling a bet AFTER an event commences in extremely rare.

I've had success on two occasions over the years with unrelated appeals. If you have the time and deem it to be worth your while, definitely consider taking it further.

The advantage the rest of us get is the likelihood, on a successful appeal, they don't try those shenanigans again with the rest of us.

At Half time which is when they canceled it Tatum had over 10 points constituting 1 aspect of the bet being won, he also needed 10 rebounds or assists and he was on 6 rebounds at half time and I think 3 or 4 assists. He ended on 25 Points 10 Rebounds and 9 Assists so therefore got a double double (10+ Points and Rebounds) in fact only just 1 assist off a triple double.

If you haven't realised, bookies can basically do whatever they want and get away with it.

Try to lodge a complaint with any one of liquor and gaming, fair trading, ACCC etc and all they'll do is tell you it doesn't fall under their responsibility. Oh, and it will take weeks before they tell you that too.

Punters have zero say in anything, unless of course you're a losing punter.

Watch this if you haven't already

Placed a bet with Colossalbet on the NBA Boston v Cleveland game this morning and they send me an email at half time of the game telling me they have canceled my bet due to and incorrect price and human error. Do I have any grounds to argue this matter further or do I just have to cop it
Here's a good clip from years ago explaining what books do in regards to bad lines/prices. Always best to avoid the obvious errors as explained in this video -

If you haven't realised, bookies can basically do whatever they want and get away with it.

Try to lodge a complaint with any one of liquor and gaming, fair trading, ACCC etc and all they'll do is tell you it doesn't fall under their responsibility. Oh, and it will take weeks before they tell you that too.

They stop you by limiting your stakes, I haven't bet with Sportsbet for years because I'm severely limited in bet size to peanuts as well as many other books.

I like bookmarkers being grilled but she's on the wrong path. Bookies should be able to give and take away promotions depending on the customer. This is common in all commerce. It is, however, a different story banning customers from winning just because they're better than the books.

If you place a fixed odds bet with a TAB money back promo (I.e. Cranbourne tonight), are you eligible for bonus back for second or third if you activate 'the lock' or 'multiplier'?
not sure about the lock thing but multiplier still gave me bb's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back