Beverly O Connor axed

Remove this Banner Ad

vosstheboss

Team Captain
Aug 20, 2004
Other Teams
brisbane
Do you think it is fair what happened to Beverly O Connor being axed from Channel 7. She had a good working on screen thing going with Peter Mitchell I just can't understand the reasoning. It seems she has just copped the same thing as what Jim wilson got.

Maybe they want a male dominating news crew on screen

vosstheboss said:
Do you think it is fair what happened to Beverly O Connor being axed from Channel 7. She had a good working on screen thing going with Peter Mitchell I just can't understand the reasoning. It seems she has just copped the same thing as what Jim wilson got.

Maybe they want a male dominating news crew on screen

Its all upto channel 7, i think the decision was made by the brainstrust in Sydney. I don't watch channel 7 anyway so i really don't care!

vosstheboss said:
I don't think she had any connection at all with Peter Mitchell (she did with Sandy Roberts over summer; now he has her job) and from all reports a certain footy journo at the network wasn't much of a Bev fan either.

The worst thing about 7 dumping her is she'll probably bob up again on the VFL coverage. Arrrggghhh!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back