PS3 Beyond: Two Souls

Remove this Banner Ad

Played this yesterday at my mates place. I feel like the game will be really good but just not one that I will be interested in finishing until the end.

But I must say from what I played of the demo it was pretty good. 10 hours is a perfect length for a game IMO.
Not sure if you played Heavy Rain but the bold is exactly how I felt about HR when it was recommended to me - nek minnit I have all 22 odd endings and it's my favourite game of all time.

These 'interactive drama' games really are an acquired taste. The gameplay isn't brilliant, and if you can't get into the story then you're just not going to get through it. Heavy Rain's storyline though was just absolutely captivating from beginning to end and I honestly couldn't believe how connected with it I became. I can't imagine a demo doing it justice. Hopefully this is the same.

Sadly i won't be able to afford to get this or Pokemon until around Xmas, got my Xbox One to pay off!
I need to find some work!

Picked it up today, matched JB's $89.

Not sure when I'll get it started with GTA V still to be finished + GTAO.

But hopefully we get some time into it within the next week. Interested to see what it's like after reading some reviews.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow reviews are all over the shop

Rev3 Games 5/5
Gamespot 9/10
Forbes 9/10
Destructoid 5/10
IGN 6/10
Joystiq 2/5

interesting

Game Informer right in the middle with a 7.75/10.

The review does paint it as an interesting but flawed game. They say it is worthwhile all things considered.

I think it will be safe to say that if you liked Heavy Rain then you will like Beyond. A lot of the more positive reviews saying the gameplay improved over Heavy Rain, even though they all say the story is all over the shop. Still, I think it is a must play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back