Big Bad Bustling Tyrone Vickery

Remove this Banner Ad

It really is quite simple isn't it?
Some of the crap on here about it is just stupid, from both ends of the spectrum.
Reckon 4-5 for Tyrone.
Yes, sometime people can way over analyze things.

I reckon he will get - and deserve - a substantial holiday for that.

That is a piss poor gutless way to handle a bit of pressure. What Cox did was par for the course for ruckmen about to contest. Once the ball is in play however Vickery waits for Cox to turn his full attention to the ball, and Vickery hooks him in the head in a definite intentional act.

Retaliation isn't even close to being a legitimate reason.

Thought initially it deserved 2, but seeing as Cox had to be subbed out, he can probably expect to cop around 4.

Thought it was more unco than malicious, and was no doubt pissed about the cheap elbow he'd just copped.

Pretty sure arterial compression/lack of blood flow causes a KO, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: On doing some reading, it turns out that the "button" or "sweet spot" is a bit of a myth. KO of this type is caused by head rotation constricting a neck artery. Still related to lack of blood flow, though.

In this case, No its not. If the Oxygen flow is stopped via choking or artery occlusion, then you would lose consciousness over a few seconds. Hence Brian Lake slowly causing unconsciousness to drew Petrie.
But if you bash someone, as in this instance, & cause a sudden violent shake/rotation to the head, then the brain gets smashed against the inside of the skull & goes into an immediate shock from an overload of neurons all firing off at once. Its a sudden shock to the central nervous system. It can cause a concussion & even permanent brain damage.
In either case its worth 4 weeks:D

Not sure he was aiming for the head, probably more the torso. Cox was bending at the knees (king of getting a free kick) and you know the end result.

I think more of the concussion was the result of Cox's head collecting Vickery's hip/backside on the way down. Will the tribunal take that into account.

Lloyd was a multiple AA and his career was built around diving and flailing his arms. ;)

What Vickery did was wrong in that he hit Cox in the jaw rather than the chest. If he did connect with his chest and not his jaw, there would be nothing done about it and most would have just passed it off as Vickery asserting himself physically, might have even drawn a free kick. I wonder just how different things would be if it was Cox or Nic Nat that had of clubbed Vickery or Maric like that. How many Eagles fans would be praising them for being hard and tough.
Hopefully none, because we shouldn't be condoning thuggery in the game. Let alone coward punches from behind.

How the * do you not know where a 200cm+ bloke's chest is? Pretty obvious to me that he was trying to hit him in the face. And the elbow was bloody nothing, Vickery got straight back up after it.

Forwards and defenders do that plenty of times a game. If you find that an issue, go watch soccer

One week for what ? Are you ******* serious?

The MRP has shown before that incidents that would normally get ignored will get picked up if they're related to an incident that would be looked at. They're all incidents.

The way Vickery acted for the rest of the game was just piss weak. Any legitimate key forward would have thrived on the boos and probably belted another opponent before the game was done.

Tyrone just isn't wired to be a good KPF.

Are you kidding? This is Barry Hall territory..
Glad to see the outrage of people making hysterical statements about incidents from Hawks fans didn't even last to the first incident after Lake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way Vickery acted for the rest of the game was just piss weak. Any legitimate key forward would have thrived on the boos and probably belted another opponent before the game was done.

Agree. Although on a wet night was clearly superior to Kennedy.

I was surprised to read that he has kicked 23 goals in 12 games this year. Probably says a lot about the defenders he has lined up on in those games.

I loved seeing Tyrone do this. He's been a soft touch for so long and he kind of had this look of "yeah I did it" to the crowd and his external persona on the night.

However he should just become more physical in general as oppose to show he has the stupidity to lash out physically. And probably start this transition on home turf so you aren't targeted by an entire state

I loved seeing Tyrone do this. He's been a soft touch for so long and he kind of had this look of "yeah I did it" to the crowd and his external persona on the night.
Smacking a bloke in the face when he isn't expecting it isn't tough. About as soft as they come.

Not saying that Cox elbowing him is any tougher, mind.

I don't think he was aiming for the head. I reckon he was going to give cox a chest hit and misjudged. Still should miss 3 or so weeks with his record.
Agree , it looked like frustration got the better of him after the Cox elbow to the sternum and he swung to connect with shoulder and chest but got it horribly wrong . Either that or i have !

Mentally, Vickery is a VERY weak character, lacks discipline and is easy to put off his game.
I hope he gets 10 weeks for stupidity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back