Big Bash Fantasy: Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Score 2000 and get back in the running for overall.
2. Wake up.

Trades:
Lynn>Blizzard
Cutting>Kallis
Bresnan>Wright

Unless Stoinis somehow becomes available, I'll be copping one zero, possibly two if Richardson is required for the Aussies.

Ranked 206th now so no chance for the overall, might be able to get back in the top 150 if I'm lucky.

Trades

Lynn > KP
Forrest > White
Hilfenhaus > Beer

I've also got Blizzard and Kallis for the double game, would've liked Bird and Wright as well but not enough trades/cash.

All my trade outs are compulsory this round, but at least I can afford to bring in the (potentially) best scoring Thunder/Stars players in those positions.

Lynn > Pietersen
Boyce > Sandhu
Hilfenhaus > Bird

Unfortunately it means I have to play Hartley as the WK, but other than that it looks a pretty strong team.

mkyt5w.jpg

It's a shame the two teams with the double headers play in the first game as it stuffs up the captain loophole. Kallis will be my VC with a non-playing captain. Maybe Behrendorff becomes captain if Kallis fails.

Not sure if Sandhu will be playing as he was called up to the ODI squad, I would've traded him in instead of Beer if he was a guaranteed starter.
Thanks for the heads up :)
Fortunately they play the first game so we'll be able to see if he's playing before having to lock in trades. If he's out I'll switch to Beer too.

Last edited:
Not sure if Sandhu will be playing as he was called up to the ODI squad, I would've traded him in instead of Beer if he was a guaranteed starter.

Sandhu not in Thunder's 13 man squad

B7cGHTcCUAA7gHZ.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Sandhu confirmed out I was going to bring in Boland instead, but I'm just short of being able to afford him. Beer seems the next best option, although there isn't much between him and Hauritz, Nannes and Lalor. Blind luck as to which of them does the best on the night.

At least that means I can afford Boland ahead of Bird now and I'm happier with that. Bird's let me down too often in earlier matches.

Lynn > Pietersen
Boyce > Beer
Hilfenhaus > Boland

Do Hobart and Brisbane have the bye?

My trades are looking like:

Dunk > Handscomb
Lynn > KP
Hilfenhaus > Boland

Thoughts

1) Get the last round out of the way so I can enjoy the finals without having to worry about who's doing the scoring.
2) Get seriously stuck into crunching the numbers on SuperCoach.

You know there are two more rounds after this one right?

Have discovered that the 'official' World Cup Fantasy League will be launched on Tuesday, with 'exciting prizes', which will probably be like a signed bat or some other useless crap.

My trades are looking like:

Dunk > Handscomb
Lynn > KP
Hilfenhaus > Boland

Thoughts

I'll be bringing in Handscomb for Dunk as well. Do you think he will bat @ #4 or lower down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back