Big Bash

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know what your issue is, but you clearly have issues!

Show me where I have complained about Pope? I haven't!

All I did was point out correctly he bowls mainly wronguns & you completely lose the plot attacking me for no reason! Seriously wtf is wrong with you?

Most on here are over the moon we won an unlikely win over the current champions & you are posting like a complete pratt!

Perhaps time to check yourself out for a while...
Is Pratt one t or 2?

I've said this over on the cricket board, but the comp seems to have found its feet again with a shorter season demonstrated by strong attendances and ratings, but retention of players is a significant issue. People will still rightfully question the integrity when players are leaving to play in another tournament before the finals meaning that second strings are being put out. The summer schedule either needs to be rejigged so that players are available all tournament (as well as not clashing with tests so that Australia's best can also play) or sell to the IPL so that more cash can be offered to get them to stay.

I've said this over on the cricket board, but the comp seems to have found its feet again with a shorter season demonstrated by strong attendances and ratings, but retention of players is a significant issue. People will still rightfully question the integrity when players are leaving to play in another tournament before the finals meaning that second strings are being put out. The summer schedule either needs to be rejigged so that players are available all tournament (as well as not clashing with tests so that Australia's best can also play) or sell to the IPL so that more cash can be offered to get them to stay.
Agree, definitely better with less games again... but why didn't they then compress the schedule too?

The BBL lacks integrity with many of the best players leaving before the finals.

Surely they need to schedule the BBL so it ends before other leagues start.

Cricket Australia needs to move the test matches earlier. They are leaving this huge gap in the Aussie sport schedule between the AFL grand final at the end of September, and the start of tests in early December

They used to get it partially right a few years back when the first test started at the end of November, and the fifth test was the new year's test in early January

But then they'd schedule in a pointless ODI series in the middle of January which stuffs over the availability of players in the BBL.

Take the 2017/18 season. We play the Ashes which starts in November, ends early January. But then we play a three match ODI series against England in January. Why? Just * England off and put the best players into the BBL. If they want to play a pointless limited overs series, shove it into early November or February.

For competing leagues, that will be tough but it's frankly embarrassing the Bangladesh Premier League is outbidding the Big Bash for players. They've also got the ILT20 in the UAE starting late Jan, and the SA T20 which is now starting early Jan.

If we are supposed to be a powerhouse of cricket then why are we getting screwed by these other minnow leagues?

If CA wants to get serious about the BBL they need to mandate our best players be available for a significant chunk of it (like SA recently did), which would improve the product and hopefully drive more cash to outbid the other leagues.

Go look at the squads for the ILT20, the level of talent there compared to the Big Bash is crazy. Our league should be strong enough that the ILT20 has to wait for ours to finish before they get the good players.

you're really milking that membership
Do you have a point?

What is your problem?

I seriously have no idea why you are triggered by Pope bowling mainly googlies & you have gone all personal.

Do you have a point?

What is your problem?

I seriously have no idea why you are triggered by Pope bowling mainly googlies & you have gone all personal.
I think you've misinterpreted his post. You said "teat" instead of "test" so he made a milking joke out of that.

I'm going early

Panic Button Netflix GIF by NailedIt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back