Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weird game. The batting was complete opposite of what Optus batting conditions are are. Usually it gets easier to bat as the game progresses but both teams both struggled towards the end.

David Warner endorsing Marcus Harris to be his replacement. I don’t think anyone is really shocked by this tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely a great bowler and competitor, my concern with him is only due to his age. He hasn’t been as effective over the last year or two.
Used to deceive with variations, now just bangs it in short and fast and often results in boundaries. Was better tonight though.

Behrendorff and Richardson were excellent tonight. Tye bowled brilliantly to well set fields, so credit to himself but also Hardie. Morris contributed.

Thought Agar was horrible though, he's always been a little dartish but had zero interest in taking wickets tonight with his approach. I hope we continue to develop Hamish as an attacking spin option for the squad.

Hobson is well under the level required and stands out in this side. CC living on the final innings still and looks to require a lot of development. May be best served dropping down to 6.

Definitely a great bowler and competitor, my concern with him is only due to his age. He hasn’t been as effective over the last year or two.
Tye gets bit of undeserved stick IMO.

He took equal second amount of wickets in the tournament last year.
Sure sometimes he's expensive, but he gets wickets.

He's probably the prefect type of bowler to come on after Richo, Dorff and Morris for us.

Behrendorff and Richardson were excellent tonight. Tye bowled brilliantly to well set fields, so credit to himself but also Hardie. Morris contributed.

Thought Agar was horrible though, he's always been a little dartish but had zero interest in taking wickets tonight with his approach. I hope we continue to develop Hamish as an attacking spin option for the squad.

Hobson is well under the level required and stands out in this side. CC living on the final innings still and looks to require a lot of development. May be best served dropping down to 6.
It wasn't a spinners wicket at all tonight . Zampa went for almost 50 off his 4 and hardie bowled agars 4th over .

Agar should have had Smarsh in his 2nd over but Connolly dropped a sitter .

Turner out really showed our lower middle order is weak but Evans looks pretty good .

Maybe bring back eski and drop Connolly back to hobsons spot as he is the 2nd spinner and we will get some slow turning deck on our next road trip.

Ideally Inglis opens with Crawley and green slots into 4 Evans 5 connolly 6 agar 7

Terrible IMO.

Head is in career best form at 5.
He changes games.

Why mess around with the order to accommodate Green?

Bancroft or Renshaw for me.
Head opened this year for 2 and a half games when warner was injured. Did pretty well considering the conditions in India .

Head has always batted up the order for SA

We really need to be looking at 2 openers with kawaja pretty old too .

This series would have been perfect to trial new openers or shuffle the order around but warner needs to be kissed on the dick .

Mitch marsh has forced he way back into the side on batting alone. Green is clearly the next best batter on the cusp of the test team so move mitch up 1 spot .

Also Bancroft can EAD . What he did was the worst thing in Australian cricket history . Worst than under arm .

So embarrassing that Indian and Pakistani fans can take the piss out of us for being cheats .

Last edited:
With the opening position, I don't like how several of the guys have come out saying they don't want to shift to opening.

How about doing what's best for the team?

I like the idea of Head shifting up because having one attacking opener is good for us moving forward plus we can more easily replace a middle order player right now. The opening options just aren't very appealing.

It wasn't a spinners wicket at all tonight . Zampa went for almost 50 off his 4 and hardie bowled agars 4th over .

Agar should have had Smarsh in his 2nd over but Connolly dropped a sitter .

Turner out really showed our lower middle order is weak but Evans looks pretty good .

Maybe bring back eski and drop Connolly back to hobsons spot as he is the 2nd spinner and we will get some slow turning deck on our next road trip.

Ideally Inglis opens with Crawley and green slots into 4 Evans 5 connolly 6 agar 7
I think Whiteman is due a game whether that be in Connollys spot or Agars with Connolly moving down.

Hobbo I dont think is best XI when everyones fit but hes pretty good in the field.

With the opening position, I don't like how several of the guys have come out saying they don't want to shift to opening.

How about doing what's best for the team?

I like the idea of Head shifting up because having one attacking opener is good for us moving forward plus we can more easily replace a middle order player right now. The opening options just aren't very appealing.
I would've thought "doing best for the team" would be batting guys like Marsh and Head in the positions they were originally chosen for and are doing well in.

Like Hussey said yesterday, just pick best opening bat that's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back