Big Dave's winters of content

Remove this Banner Ad

Big dave is a really nice guy, who obviously loves our club, he'd do anything for our club, i think most of us are waiting for the summer months to be over so we can get back into the footy :D .

Hasn't missed a game since 1990 - a great effort. However, a guy that I used to travel with to the footy, and still sit with occasionaly, hasn't missed a game since May 11th, 1974. Garry Hincks, also has a record in that he hasn't missed a Sunday mass in that time!!

He even went to the exhibition match in London the other year, which the club paid for, and somehow gets a GF ticket every year as well!!

Originally posted by dogman22
Hasn't missed a game since 1990 - a great effort. However, a guy that I used to travel with to the footy, and still sit with occasionaly, hasn't missed a game since May 11th, 1974. Garry Hincks, also has a record in that he hasn't missed a Sunday mass in that time!!

He even went to the exhibition match in London the other year, which the club paid for, and somehow gets a GF ticket every year as well!!
Is he the guy from Portland or some place like that? I recall an article in the paper about a year or two ago.

Oh, I love summer. The only thing winter has going for it is football.

Speaking of Nick Cave - is it true he is a doggies supporter?

Originally posted by K9-54
Is he the guy from Portland or some place like that? I recall an article in the paper about a year or two ago.

Oh, I love summer. The only thing winter has going for it is football.

Dave grew and still lives in Yarraville. He went to Footscray High.

Great bloke. Mates with my Dad, who went to trade school and to Footscray High with him. Played a bit of Footy at Yaraville with my dad too, and captained by my Dad to a Under 16 flag. :p

How he got into the paper......well never know. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by K9-54

Yep, he's from Portland, where I grew up! Used to travel on the train with him to Melbourne to go to the footy in the halcyon days of 1997-98. Gets quite negative when he's supporting, which can get quite frustrating at times!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back