BigFooty Song Contest, Host: Loonerty, Theme: TV themes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Equal 8th ... stoked with that! For those who s**t canned it, I nominated the original initially and changed as I didnt want to win and that version was played at my nan's funeral. Bunch of campaigners, the lot of you.

I am pretty surprised Against the Wind did so poorly.
g1372518752480822898.jpg

#songcontestresults

that'll do.jpg

6th place
Chaisa with No rain - Blind Melon 23 votes & 2 Billys

5th place
Chappyuk with Purple Rain - Prince 27 votes & 0 Billys

Equal 4th
NorthernLights with Weather with you - Crowded House 28 votes & 2 Billys
SugarShane with Thunderstruck - AC/DC 28 votes & 2 Billys

Equal 3rd
Keyser Soze with Rain - Dragon 30 votes & 0 Billys
roo2macca with Ain't no Sunshine - Bill Withers 30 votes & 0 Billys

Last edited:
I billied it because it's s**t, and marks the exact moment G'n'R's head got so far up its own arse it could see out of its mouth.

At a time when a "ballad" consisted of some hair spray pansy with an acoustic guitar and a cowboy hat, GnR done something truly epic, crafting an incredibly complex, layered, and nuanced composition not dissimilar to the rock ballads of the 60s and 70s. They made grandiose songwriting cool again. Axl really came in to his own as a musician, with a full string section backing the main band, where every member played an important part and not an instrument was wasted.

It was the moment GnR had brought rock and roll back from what it had became in the late 80s. Appetite for Destruction started it, and by November Rain, the job was done.

#songcontestresults

The ''Thank * I came second " Award
download.jpg

Starburns_ with Riders of the Storm - The Doors 36 votes & 0 Billys

Therefore the.......... download (1).jpg ...... Award goes to.............

Hard Ball Get with Lightening Crashes - Live 41 votes & 0 Billys.

Thank you all.

Good bye and Good night.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Astonishing winner. :eek:

The Vines, one of the greatest post 2000s Strayan bands

No.

At a time when a "ballad" consisted of some hair spray pansy with an acoustic guitar and a cowboy hat, GnR done something truly epic, crafting an incredibly complex, layered, and nuanced composition not dissimilar to the rock ballads of the 60s and 70s. They made grandiose songwriting cool again. Axl really came in to his own as a musician, with a full string section backing the main band, where every member played an important part and not an instrument was wasted.

It was the moment GnR had brought rock and roll back from what it had became in the late 80s. Appetite for Destruction started it, and by November Rain, the job was done.
Appetite and GNR Lies were awesome. November Rain was a bloated, self-indulgent group masturbation session and marked the beginning of the end of the Gunners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back