Injury BigFooty GIANTS injury report

Remove this Banner Ad

Did he have a re-co in the juniors? I keep hearing this is his second but his issues last year weren't ACL related were they?

GIANTS, defender Matt Buntine is available for selection this week having recovered from a punctured lung suffered in the NAB Cup.

After missing the round three match against St Kilda, midfielder Rhys Palmer has overcome a calf injury and is expected to be available to play this weekend.

Meanwhile, midfielder Josh Growden has got through his first game for the season, playing a half for the UWS GIANTS in the NEAFL against Ainslie.

UWS GIANTS coach Brett Hand says it was great to see Growden, who turns 20 tomorrow, back on the field.

“Josh (Growden) hasn’t played much footy in the last 18 months due to his broken leg so it was pleasing for him to get out and play a half of footy,” Hand said.

“He had 12 touches and looked good playing on a wing so we’ll now look to increase his game time in the coming weeks.”

Rookie Joe Redfern is also available to play his first match of the season following a knee injury.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2013-04-16/injury-update

And that proved to be right and he will miss the next 6 weeks along with Jaksch. Also Phillips has had a set back and will miss the next 3 weeks.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2013-04-24/injury-update-april-24
Good to see Tyson is on target, and from memory his return date might be around the time UWS face the three AFL reserves sides in consecutive rounds which will be a good test for him.

Phillips might've been handy against the Suns this week after last years cameo...

Hopefully O'Rourke and Jaksch can get on a roll with UWS when they return and get some AFL minutes later in the second half of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just when you think it can't get any worse....

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2013-05-01/davis-to-miss-six

.... ok I'm gonna try and think positive here - One of the NEAFL defenders will get a run in the top grade - he'll have a break out year, and we'll realise we don't need to recruit another KPD because he's so &^*^ awesome.

Corr and Bruce that's your queue.

Looks like Phil Davis will be spending some time on the sidelines

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2013-05-01/davis-to-miss-six

Setanta O'hAilpin also will miss the Bombers game.

It is going to be a slaughter. No wonder they are giving away free tickets.

Faaaaaark.

I'm starting to think we might go winless after all. :eek:

I honestly can't see us beating anyone this season now. We look less competitive than last year where it looked like we could scrap a game or two. And I think teams have learnt to not take it easy with us.

I honestly can't see us beating anyone this season now.

I don't know if I feel that pessimistic, but our injury list is sobering. :(

How a club manages injuries is just as important as having the best recruiters and the best players. I hope we're well spoken for in that department.

But that's the reality of having a young list. We need all those young bodies to physically mature. Then we'll be better placed to cope.

With all the millions of dollars being pumped into the Giants by the AFL, it is clearly NOT being spent on Ice Bath Technology. How many other teams use wheelie bins? :confused: :eek:

I honestly can't see us beating anyone this season now. We look less competitive than last year where it looked like we could scrap a game or two. And I think teams have learnt to not take it easy with us.

It's been funny. I think we're been playing worse this year, but we've actually been closer in most games so far. That might change now, but where we used to have to play out of our skin to win a game, it now looked like we could win a game even if we weren't at our absolute best. So more competitive but worse.

With all the millions of dollars being pumped into the Giants by the AFL, it is clearly NOT being spent on Ice Bath Technology. How many other teams use wheelie bins? :confused: :eek:

Probably a stop gap mechanism until the new training facilities are up. :(

With all the millions of dollars being pumped into the Giants by the AFL, it is clearly NOT being spent on Ice Bath Technology. How many other teams use wheelie bins? :confused::eek:

Its a worry:

BJJ9dJFCEAEyGv6.jpg:large

It's been funny. I think we're been playing worse this year, but we've actually been closer in most games so far. That might change now, but where we used to have to play out of our skin to win a game, it now looked like we could win a game even if we weren't at our absolute best. So more competitive but worse.

I agree here. When I say competitive, I mean more in terms of competing for the ball. We seem to have a lot less mongrel in us this season. Missing McDonald, Power and Cornes have been big I think. Our good moments ARE better than last season but our bad moments are as bad as last season. And AFL is all about minimising the ratio of how good you are at your best to how bad you are at your worst.

I agree here. When I say competitive, I mean more in terms of competing for the ball. We seem to have a lot less mongrel in us this season. Missing McDonald, Power and Cornes have been big I think. Our good moments ARE better than last season but our bad moments are as bad as last season. And AFL is all about minimising the ratio of how good you are at your best to how bad you are at your worst.

They're three really big outs when you think about it. I know our focus has been youth but that's an awful lot of on field leadership gone. Especially in pivotal moments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back