Injury BigFooty GIANTS injury report

Remove this Banner Ad

Its worth noting just how much leadership Davis has shown with the young players

"I'm pretty nervous, especially having Phil out," Corr said.

"He's good on the field, through the NAB Cup he always helped me with positioning and talking to me.

"I'll have to listen to Stephen Gilham, take advice from the boys and go as hard as I can I guess."

Also:

Through five games last season the Giants were averaging just 54.4 points per game and ended the year topping 100 points just once, in its round 19 win over Port Adelaide.

That figure has already been passed twice this year and the club is averaging a vastly improved 85.8 points through five games.

"Last year we beat the Suns and everyone starts to compare that," Davis said.

"I think we've won five quarters this year already, last year we only won 13, so if you use that as a measure we're far and away ahead of where we were.

"All our offensive side of the game is vastly improved.

"Defence is so important and that's one area we just continually work on."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-02/debutant-an-irishman-to-the-corr

Dom Tyson should be a good chance to begin his return via the NEAFL in the next couple of weeks. Not likely to be this weekend (Swans at BISP) but following that there's Brisbane and Gold Coast, both also at BISP.

Sorry for the intrusion guys but does anyone have any news on Chad Cornes. He seems to have been out for ages, is he still a chance of playing this year?

Maybe a couple of games ... one thing about old guys is they take longer to heal.

The Chad has been a warrior. I hoe he gets a worthy sendoff this year.

Hey how did Dom go on the weekend?
I read a quote from Dom saying they'd planned on 50% game time, but he was feeling good so they stretched it to 60%. He also said he had a nervous moment where he was tackled in a similar fashion as to when he did the knee, but got right back up so that will be great for his confidence.

Sorry for the intrusion guys but does anyone have any news on Chad Cornes. He seems to have been out for ages, is he still a chance of playing this year?
Maybe a couple of games ... one thing about old guys is they take longer to heal.

The Chad has been a warrior. I hoe he gets a worthy sendoff this year.
Fingers crossed. There's been no update on his 'indefinite' status since his knee surgery and subsequent infection. He appeared on 5AA at the start of March (just after the infection) and said he'd be 16 weeks - if that's anything to go by, he'll be on the sidelines for another month.

I read a quote from Dom saying they'd planned on 50% game time, but he was feeling good so they stretched it to 60%. He also said he had a nervous moment where he was tackled in a similar fashion as to when he did the knee, but got right back up so that will be great for his confidence.
Great to see. He's a really good kid. I hope he can string some games together from here. Might be a handy injection of enthusiasm come the second half of the year.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2013-05-28/orourke-set-to-return

Jono O'Rourke and Kristian Jaksch are both able to return from their respective injuries this weekend.

So only Phillips, Davis, Patton & Cornes out at the moment of our 50 listed players and two rookies makes it tough for us to have a look at our top up players in the neafl but with the u18 champs on at the moment not much of an issue. Also noticed that Cornes no longer has the afl player blue tick on twitter maybe his retired and just not told anyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd have to think that Phillips' season is pretty much done. Big men need more of a preseason and he hasn't been around since before the intra club scratch match. This far into the season, he's not going to be up to speed until well into the second half. He might pick up a game or two right at the end depending on other injuries, but as for any real meaningful contribution you'd think this year has passed him :( shame because I rated him well last year and was looking forward to seeing some growth in his game this year.

Hard to see Chad being anything more than a coach now for pretty much the same reason.

Forgive the intrusion guys, but I was just wondering what the story is with Hoskin-Elliott. Can't find any info and thought maybe he was injured again. IIRC he played early season but haven't seen him for a while. Any news?

Forgive the intrusion guys, but I was just wondering what the story is with Hoskin-Elliott. Can't find any info and thought maybe he was injured again. IIRC he played early season but haven't seen him for a while. Any news?
WHE had an interrupted pre-season from what I've read, but has played in the twos every week bar one since dropping down. He was emergency last weekend so he can't be far off a senior callup, but hasn't been consistent in the twos.

WHE had an interrupted pre-season from what I've read, but has played in the twos every week bar one since dropping down. He was emergency last weekend so he can't be far off a senior callup, but hasn't been consistent in the twos.
Thanks S2F.

Resting Palmer for the Melbourne game....Get that foot right to kick Sylvias butt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back