Black Diamond AFL - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only on the ladder.

Teams will be announced officially with jumper presentation at training Thursday night I believe.

What is the contingency plan if it rains? Will they have to transfer the match to Singleton or Nelson Bay?

Why is the league playing the local rep games after the Swans side plays? I know I will not be sticking around to watch the local boys play after that with a long drive back to the Central Coast.

Why are Gosford and Wyong also scheduled to play when there is a local rep game on? Wont this disadvantage Wyong as they would have more nominations for the rep side than Gosford wouldnt they? It seems unfair to Wyong and Gosford to both have to play when they could be missing some key players each.

If the region gets a NEAFL side do we have many players in the competition capable of playing at that standard? Im not sure if we do or not? What are the young players coming through like?

What is the contingency plan if it rains? Will they have to transfer the match to Singleton or Nelson Bay?

Why is the league playing the local rep games after the Swans side plays? I know I will not be sticking around to watch the local boys play after that with a long drive back to the Central Coast.

Why are Gosford and Wyong also scheduled to play when there is a local rep game on? Wont this disadvantage Wyong as they would have more nominations for the rep side than Gosford wouldnt they? It seems unfair to Wyong and Gosford to both have to play when they could be missing some key players each.

If the region gets a NEAFL side do we have many players in the competition capable of playing at that standard? Im not sure if we do or not? What are the young players coming through like?
Seems a bit strange, as I dont know why they couldnt play last week!! Gossy are celebrating their 40 years so maybe its to the exact date!! I just hope it aint raining cos iv gotta umpire!!!

Only Bryce from Wyg made the rep team, and while he is prob there best at getting it out of the middle,it shouldnt affect the result,athough in saying this Wyg last game played very ordinary against Singo and bar the last quarter could of lost the game.

why pick 16yo's in u23 rep when we have 19yo's in the u18 team - i'm confused :confused::confused:
Agreed!! I can understand a younger player (16)etc if they are good enough play them in the top team, we have had a couple in our league do this (chris gordon) from the bay comes to mind,and poss Brasso from singleton.

BUT dont under stand playing 19yos in 18s, we did it against the essendon school team as well!!
In most areas this would be called cheating so unless we have permission (maybe to even things out against a stronger opp) I dont see the benefit in doing it!!

I remember a player who played for Terrigal 18's in about 2001 who was 20yo altho he played only a handfull of games!!:D

Agreed!! I can understand a younger player (16)etc if they are good enough play them in the top team, we have had a couple in our league do this (chris gordon) from the bay comes to mind,and poss Brasso from singleton.

BUT dont under stand playing 19yos in 18s, we did it against the essendon school team as well!!
In most areas this would be called cheating so unless we have permission (maybe to even things out against a stronger opp) I dont see the benefit in doing it!!

I remember a player who played for Terrigal 18's in about 2001 who was 20yo altho he played only a handfull of games!!:D

Yep for the Essendon Grammar game we did it. We also played 2 16 year olds as well in McKay and Bailey. Reasoning behind it in the Essendon Grammar game was to expose the likes of Calman (205 cms and hardly played any footy) as well as make the side more competitive as there isnt a whole heap of kids at 17 and 18 up here either a) interested in playing it or b) good enough to play that level. We played a few from Nelson Bay to assist with local media for the game. We had a heap of pull outs and this didnt help because rep footy is bloody tough to organise at 18s and senior level when kids have yr 12, uni and part time jobs to juggle. It comes a distant last to alot of that stuff.

Why there are overagers in the 18s this week when there is a 23s game I dont know. Am not involved with the rep side so not sure why and cant answer that question. It does seem a little strange seeing a couple of names in the 18s and a few others in the 23s when I thought it should be the other way around. Kid playing in the 18s tomorrow, Roser from Singleton is a 15 yr old with a bit of talent, will be interested to get a report on how he goes.

I guess the big question is what purpose does rep footy serve and how many blokes up here at senior and 18s level really want to play it. If you asked the question I dont think too many are keen on it and see it as another footy commitment. You will always get blokes putting their hand up but I doubt you will ever get the best 22 on the park.

I believe the senior rep side is meant to be playing in a couple of weeks. Will they pick a separate squad for this or just go with a predominantly 23s based squad. Against Farrer no doubt they will need a few more mature bodies.

Yep for the Essendon Grammar game we did it. We also played 2 16 year olds as well in McKay and Bailey. Reasoning behind it in the Essendon Grammar game was to expose the likes of Calman (205 cms and hardly played any footy) as well as make the side more competitive as there isnt a whole heap of kids at 17 and 18 up here either a) interested in playing it or b) good enough to play that level. We played a few from Nelson Bay to assist with local media for the game. We had a heap of pull outs and this didnt help because rep footy is bloody tough to organise at 18s and senior level when kids have yr 12, uni and part time jobs to juggle. It comes a distant last to alot of playing in the 18s tomorrow, Roser from Singleton is a 15 yr old with a bit of talent, keen on it and see it as another footy commitment. You will always get blokes putting their hand up but I doubt you will ever get the in a couple of weeks. Will they pick a separate squad for this or just go with a predominantly 23s based squad. Against Farrer no doubt they will need a few more mature bodies.

Gee write a book next time will ya dietzy

Yep for the Essendon Grammar game we did it. We also played 2 16 year olds as well in McKay and Bailey. Reasoning behind it in the Essendon Grammar game was to expose the likes of Calman (205 cms and hardly played any footy) as well as make the side more competitive as there isnt a whole heap of kids at 17 and 18 up here either a) interested in playing it or b) good enough to play that level. We played a few from Nelson Bay to assist with local media for the game. We had a heap of pull outs and this didnt help because rep footy is bloody tough to organise at 18s and senior level when kids have yr 12, uni and part time jobs to juggle. It comes a distant last to alot of that stuff.

Why there are overagers in the 18s this week when there is a 23s game I dont know. Am not involved with the rep side so not sure why and cant answer that question. It does seem a little strange seeing a couple of names in the 18s and a few others in the 23s when I thought it should be the other way around. Kid playing in the 18s tomorrow, Roser from Singleton is a 15 yr old with a bit of talent, will be interested to get a report on how he goes.

I guess the big question is what purpose does rep footy serve and how many blokes up here at senior and 18s level really want to play it. If you asked the question I dont think too many are keen on it and see it as another footy commitment. You will always get blokes putting their hand up but I doubt you will ever get the best 22 on the park.

I believe the senior rep side is meant to be playing in a couple of weeks. Will they pick a separate squad for this or just go with a predominantly 23s based squad. Against Farrer no doubt they will need a few more mature bodies.
Cheers mate, keep up the good work with the locals,the more kids that play and the better skill levels achieved will benefit the region.
Agree with the fact that some players are just not interested in reps, but its great for the players that are to be exposed to higher levels,and our area does ok for its size and the fact we are not the dominant sport to produce the numbers we do that make it (AFL) or at least a higher level which may supplement their income!!

I just realised that Maurice Goologong is on 999 goals in the BDAFL. Does anyone how the ground down there holds up to the rain and are they likely to be playing this weekend ?

Its early in the week I know, but given the forcast for the week and the amount of rain we have had up here, I wouldnt be suprised to see some washouts

I just realised that Maurice Goologong is on 999 goals in the BDAFL. Does anyone how the ground down there holds up to the rain and are they likely to be playing this weekend ?

Its early in the week I know, but given the forcast for the week and the amount of rain we have had up here, I wouldnt be suprised to see some washouts
Its rained eveyday on the coast,with some heavy rain here and there. Terr ground is one of the worst in the comp with water on it and with their council I would think unless there is no more rain for the rest of the week, they would be looking to alternate grounds!!!

Its rained eveyday on the coast,with some heavy rain here and there. Terr ground is one of the worst in the comp with water on it and with their council I would think unless there is no more rain for the rest of the week, they would be looking to alternate grounds!!!

The CC has had an incredible amount of rain. I think you are right. Even if it stops now, there is so much water the grounds would still not recover in time.

With 3 games on the CC and one in NC, maybe we will see the BDAFL's much publicised "wet weather plan" go into action.

Stand by for the TA v WB game to be moved to Nelson Bay??? Along with other games???

The CC has had an incredible amount of rain. I think you are right. Even if it stops now, there is so much water the grounds would still not recover in time.

With 3 games on the CC and one in NC, maybe we will see the BDAFL's much publicised "wet weather plan" go into action.

Stand by for the TA v WB game to be moved to Nelson Bay??? Along with other games???
The 3 coast games are at Terr,KV and Wyg? I think. Of those 3 grounds both KV and Terr would have to be in big trouble of not being played!! Havent seen the grounds this week but they dont usually stand up well. Wyg ground a little better and they havent played there for a month so there shouldnt be much 'wear and tear' on it already.

An early decision is needed if they want to implement a wet weather plan I no this may piss some ppl off but they should look at reversing the home/away for this weeks other games,ie KV play Singo up there and Terr play the Bay either at Warners? dont no the weather up there but it seems to be one of the better grounds and it normally not closed or up at Nellie bay. KV did play a home match at 1 of our junior clubs fields this year so it may be an option.

I know there is umpire payments,and extra workloads when moving games but the sooner a call is made the easier it is and more likely it gets done!!

There is no point on the morning of the game telling KV they have to go to Singo! it just wont happen and will be rejected/postponed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why pick 16yo's in u23 rep when we have 19yo's in the u18 team - i'm confused :confused::confused:

I haven't been on for a while. I was incredibly busy with the Swans Reserves v Ainslie match and the 2 rep games last weekend. As Deitzy mentioned, getting enough kids to commit to playing U18 rep footy has been challenging. South Coast and BDAFL both agreed to have players 18 years or younger in the rep team as of the date of the match (so it was different to our competition definition of U18s). The 19yos that were referred to turn 19 in the second half of the year. With this change we only had 23 players interested and available to play in the U18 rep match, which made selection easy because all 23 played (including 1 in the U23s). The selection of a 16yo in U23 team was based on talent. It was great to see how well our players performed on the day.

Well photos for Round 8 now up, have a look at
http://dsfphotography.com.au/2011_BDAFL.htm

and click on the link for Round 8 - Or as it maybe should be called "the Gong round" - extra big photos this week in honour of Maurice

Great to see him kick his 1000th, and good play by the doggies to keep him scoreless in the first 1/4.

Once he got that 1000th, the floodgates opened for him and and the rest of the TA side.

Congratulations Maurice Goologong

Can anyone recall the last time we had this amount of rain? Brings back memories of the June long weekend in 2007.

Would anyone like to put odds on the chance that this may be the weekend the BDAFL "pulls the lever" on their "wet weather plan". All roads may lead to Nelson Bay!!!

half way point of the year and everything looks a little as suspected. interesting to see terrigal knock off cardiff does open up the competition at the top. any ones predictions on the second half and finals

Yes, halfway point reached. No major surprises at all. Good to see Wyong playing some decent footy. Not too shabby in ressies also.
Speaking of which, should be the more interesting comp in the second half of the season.

In the firsts, City have enough wins to hold onto 1st or 2nd. Cardiff will be the other team and it would appear Terrigal have got what it takes to be firmly planted in the top 4...of course after the weekend there is the possibility that they will get 2 bites at the cherry this year.

Ressies. Cardiff looking very solid. How Terrigal travel away from home in the 2nd half of the season should be interesting and Nelson Bay should be able to build and perhaps get 2nd place. That 4th place is all up in the air.

1sts city
2nds Cardiff
18's kv

Before finals I see

1's City
2nds Cardiff
18's Nelsons

Once finals hit anything can happen,in 1's who knows maybe Cardiff will turn the tables on City after the last few years, they should def be motivated,and Terr have got the ability to do it, Warners will make the top four and they have in the past caused an upset. The current weather if continued could throw a spanner in the works.

The 2's is a great comp with most of the comp showing on there day they have some skills, Cardiff always there abouts but its good to see Terr up there as well, as long as Nellie make it (the draw not as kind as it used to be lol) they will poss be there when it counts and hopefully for them win to gain momentum for 1's next year!!

The 18's may finally have a non Cardiff/City winner for the 1st time in nearly 10 years!! Still a long way to go but Nelsons have good players,good numbers a good coach and the form on the board, as long as they dont get ahead of themselves should win this grade!! Cardiff will prob make the gf and once there you give yourself a shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back