Black Diamond AFL - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have also noticed alot of players are getting suspended for foul language looks as though the umps are setting a precedent against language, bit of a s**t post but it may prove costly to a team towards the end of the season and finals time if a key player gets done for swearing

This is from the Umpires Coaches comments for round 7.
General Note on Language

A player is to be given one warning only for disputing a decision, swearing or abusive language; but where the language can be clearly heard by spectators or seen in the case of offensive gestures, the order off and report is to be applied without warning.”

The language does not necessarily need to be made towards an umpire. If a player uses a profanity that is clearly audible to the crowd, then action needs to be taken.

I would assume that every coach would read these every week, its pretty obvious that the umpires will be looking out for whatever has been mentioned in that weeks comments.

As a regular spectator I must say that earlier in the season the language was getting a bit over the top. I had other spectators comment to me about the words and their frequency.

Huge upset yesterday. Did Wyong have players who were dipped into Wyong Creek like the Boags ad and come out footballers or did Cardiff think it would be an easy day out??

Viewing as a good finish to the season and hope to get up there for the GF.

Huge upset yesterday. Did Wyong have players who were dipped into Wyong Creek like the Boags ad and come out footballers or did Cardiff think it would be an easy day out??

Viewing as a good finish to the season and hope to get up there for the GF.

Looking at the U18s team sheet on the BDAFL website it looks like some of the team was missing - Pratt, McMahon etc. These guys usually play 1st don'
t they? Also looks like a few missing from 1st's, Mick Ryan for one. Don't want to take it away from Wyong, good on them.

Looking at the U18s team sheet on the BDAFL website it looks like some of the team was missing - Pratt, McMahon etc. These guys usually play 1st don'
t they? Also looks like a few missing from 1st's, Mick Ryan for one. Don't want to take it away from Wyong, good on them.

All of the Hawks engine room played, maybe ego's got in the road of Football ability.

Well done Wyong, self belief is a wonderful thing. Keep it going and hopefully another against neighbours Kilarney Vale is on the cards

Just had a phone call from a mate who informed me that Singleton have forfeited Reserve grade match against City tomorrow. Not good.
Maybe the Singo club should've been so hasty bagging the league behind the scenes on their Gosford decision. They need to get their own backyard in order before criticising others .

Just had a phone call from a mate who informed me that Singleton have forfeited Reserve grade match against City tomorrow. Not good.
Maybe the Singo club should've been so hasty bagging the league behind the scenes on their Gosford decision. They need to get their own backyard in order before criticising others .

i do not understand what you are saying!!! maybe if you spoke louder it would be easier to work out!!

if you're saying they shouldn't have bagged the league, well why not? it was a ridiculous decision. what did gosford do besides getting flogged a few times, s**t, it happens in every league every weekend. i cant see how singo not fielding a magoos side changes how bad a move the BDAFL made.

i do not understand what you are saying!!! maybe if you spoke louder it would be easier to work out!!

if you're saying they shouldn't have bagged the league, well why not? it was a ridiculous decision. what did gosford do besides getting flogged a few times, s**t, it happens in every league every weekend. i cant see how singo not fielding a magoos side changes how bad a move the BDAFL made.

Black & White Champ -
Gosford - no players & no money = no game ie. good decision made

Singo - Criticising others + not getting backyard in order = egg on face

Hope u can understand the true FACTS

Black & White Champ -
Gosford - no players & no money = no game ie. good decision made

Singo - Criticising others + not getting backyard in order = egg on face

Hope u can understand the true FACTS

no money?? pretty sure they were financial. they had a heap of blokes backing up but dont a lot of clubs have players playing 2 games a week?

hardly egg on face either. they said a s**t decision was made, as has every other club in the league, and they couldnt get enough numbers to play 2s. the 2 events dont exactly have an association.

ps whats the difference between a fact and a true fact?

If anyone is interested, I have posted some photos of the Lake Macquarie V Wyong game

go to http://dsfphotography.com.au/gallery.htm

Then the 2011 BDAFL gallery, then Round 13

Does anyone actually ever look at these ?

hmmmm when I'm on the net I'm looking at pics of chicks not these Pictures of the Newcastle City reach around bare backers you keep posting mate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone is interested, I have posted some photos of the Lake Macquarie V Wyong game

go to http://dsfphotography.com.au/gallery.htm

Then the 2011 BDAFL gallery, then Round 13

Does anyone actually ever look at these ?

Good pics mate, was a game that could of gone either way.
I wonder when Lake Mac will change their scoreboard as they are no longer crows!!

Show some respect to the Lake Mac Footy club mate!!! Who are you to judge?
lol ok I just thought with their 10 grand they could update their scoreboard!! anyway are we all heading to the Bay to play?

I dont know bout Newcastle but it been heavy rain on the coast so cant see any games being played down here!!

I went past a juniors field near KV yesterday and it looked like a lake,you couldnt see any grass!!

lol ok I just thought with their 10 grand they could update their scoreboard!! anyway are we all heading to the Bay to play?

I dont know bout Newcastle but it been heavy rain on the coast so cant see any games being played down here!!

I went past a juniors field near KV yesterday and it looked like a lake,you couldnt see any grass!!

This is what has been organised for this weekend:

Nelson Bay

12:00pm Warners Bay v Lake Macquarie BDC
2:20pm Cardiff v Newcastle City BDC

Singleton

12:00pm Singleton v Nelson Bay Reserves
2:00pm Killarney v Wyong Lakes BDC (only if Bateau Bay is closed)

Bateau Bay

12:00pm Killarney Vale v Wyong Lakes Reserves (will be rescheduled for a mid-week match if Bateau Bay is closed)
2:00pm Killarney Vale v Wyong Lakes BDC (will be moved to Singleton if Bateau Bay is closed)

The other reserve grade matches Cardiff v Newcastle City, Warners Bay v Lake Macquarie and Terrigal Avoca v Peninsula will be attempted to be caught up over the next 2 weeks or so.
All u18s match have been cancelled

This is what has been organised for this weekend:

Nelson Bay

12:00pm Warners Bay v Lake Macquarie BDC
2:20pm Cardiff v Newcastle City BDC

Singleton

12:00pm Singleton v Nelson Bay Reserves
2:00pm Killarney v Wyong Lakes BDC (only if Bateau Bay is closed)

Bateau Bay

12:00pm Killarney Vale v Wyong Lakes Reserves (will be rescheduled for a mid-week match if Bateau Bay is closed)
2:00pm Killarney Vale v Wyong Lakes BDC (will be moved to Singleton if Bateau Bay is closed)

The other reserve grade matches Cardiff v Newcastle City, Warners Bay v Lake Macquarie and Terrigal Avoca v Peninsula will be attempted to be caught up over the next 2 weeks or so.
All u18s match have been cancelled

cheers madmonk, seems like the best we could hope for, as long as the 1's games get played in a safe environment.
Surely the KV -Wyong game will go to Singo? I saw the old Batto fields so unless the new ones are 100% better drained I would think they wont get played there!! altho they did play there earlier this year!

Does Nelson Bay have the capabilities to host a night match?
Good question, most in our league now do ie KV,Wyong,Woy Woy on the coast not sure about the Bay, because there is lighting and there is lighting for night games.
Did they play 16's there on friday nights? Wyong used to play their 'home' matches at KV because the lights were crap!!

Ok its time to vote on the game of the year thus far,
Let’s look at the nominees.

Game of the year number 1
Round 3 Lake Macquarie 12.10 82 defeat Gosford 1.40 10
Much was expected of this round 3 clash with both sides looking to boost their finals chances with a win.
The Dockers kicked 2 goals to nil in a pulsating first term with attacking flair being the feature of play.
By 3 quarter time it was end to end stuff with the Dockers holding onto a 9 goal to nil lead.
The crowd was on the edge of their seats in the final term as Eather who had been mighty all day for the Tigers kicked a goal.
Eventually the Dockers were able to steady and get away with the win in the end but good signs were shown by the tigers.

Game of the year number 2
Round 1 Terrigal 17.9 111 defeat Wyong 5.8 38
The season opening ground brought together two local rivals and they proceeded to play one of the finest round 1 clashes in recent memory.
The skills on display were the best seen for many a year and if it wasn’t for some experienced heads from the Panthers side they
May well have been done by the gallant magpie team.

Game of the year number 3
Round 4 Wyong 14.15 99 defeat Lake Macquarie 2.6 18
Round 4 came along and what a game was produced. It was neck and neck, goal for goal all day as these two hungry sides went toe to toe.
The crowd was on the edge of their seats at the half and didn’t know which way the contest would go as the Magpies held onto a 7 goals to 1 lead.
By three quarter time it was still too close to call with Wyong 12 goals to the Dockers 2 goals.
In the end the magpies held sway and held on for one of the greatest wins in BDAFL history.

My vote is game number 1

BDAFL Draft Pathways Policy forcing 17 old kids to play for teams the don't want too. Once again BDAFL making a decison without any consultation. No wonder the kids are leaving in droves! Can wait to see how watertight the document is in a court of law!

BDAFL Draft Pathways Policy forcing 17 old kids to play for teams the don't want too. Once again BDAFL making a decison without any consultation. No wonder the kids are leaving in droves! Can wait to see how watertight the document is in a court of law!

Without seeing the policy sounds like the one in place in Sydney AFL. It's what they asked for. Seems to be working very well down there.

no money?? pretty sure they were financial. they had a heap of blokes backing up but dont a lot of clubs have players playing 2 games a week?

hardly egg on face either. they said a s**t decision was made, as has every other club in the league, and they couldnt get enough numbers to play 2s. the 2 events dont exactly have an association.

ps whats the difference between a fact and a true fact?

After speaking with a club committee member, they are far from financial (behind in fact) and didn't have many blokes at all - that's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back