List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project - 2014 - 5 list spaces confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3AW reporting Melbourne have put Watts Trengove Toumpas & Grimes on the trade table.
Two club captains and three top 5 picks. What a joke of a club

not a fan of Conca or u heard something no1 else has?
i wouldn't touch the above 2 with 1st rounders, i'd rather raid GWS high Draft talent thats been stuck in thier 2's all year and want to come home and keep our 1st rounder for the Draft (we have a good record of nailing these after all) GWS fire sale won't be there next year as they won't have such surplus of talent in the 2's and said players will be at other Clubs & if we miss out this year we won't get another shot.
Haven't heard anything and I like Conca, just looking at it from the POV of who would get us a high enough pick to get involved. If it's not good enough for us to snare one or both of them we'd have 1-2 picks in the first round of the draft to spend on new kids or as you said raid GWS/Suns

Seriously for those looking at this and saying they aren't worth s**t, if we were to offer up Vickery Conca Lennon & Griffiths, what would you guys be expecting in return?

What did Brisbane get for Polec? an upgrade from 22 to 14 or something? And Longer a pick in the high teens?

Trengove, Watts and Grimes for mine have lost similar currency, Toumpas is only 2nd year so retains a bit more value.

Melbourne want 5 mature agers as well as 5 top 20 picks according to the tweet so I'd send Jacko or Foley their way. Both have a few years left and were very important in our recovery from 2010.

Yeah Trengove the only one I'd have a crack at too. Will cost more than it's worth though so think we will give them a miss

Interested in Grimes and Trengove. Would offer our first + player for them both. Instant injection of class and leadership into our team. Trengove might flourish in a team being the 6-7th midfielder down the pecking order rather than being 2nd or 3rd. Grimes goes straight to the half back and becomes Newy's replacement.

Interested in Grimes and Trengove. Would offer our first + player for them both. Instant injection of class and leadership into our team. Trengove might flourish in a team being the 6-7th midfielder down the pecking order rather than being 2nd or 3rd. Grimes goes straight to the half back and becomes Newy's replacement.

Would probably love to play with his brother too.

Don't want Toumpas?

#standbyroos

Trengrove and Grimes being put up for trade is telling. I know they both have had injury problems, but seriously, these blokes were co-captains not long ago?!
What was their form like, Trengrove has struggled to break 15 possies a game and has been described as slow and indecisive ....haven't seen much of grimes, injury prone isn't he ?

Yeah, not a bad call. Like the thought of giving up a Foley/Jackson type to get it done with a 2nd rounder or even our first....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was their form like, Trengrove has struggled to break 15 possies a game and has been described as slow and indecisive ....haven't seen much of grimes, injury prone isn't he ?

Trengove is injured right now. Foot problems.

He picked up 20 and 24 touches in his only two games this year. and can get forward and kick goals, kicked 3 against us in 2011. Brilliant endurance (sister won bronze at comm games for long distance) and is a leader. Would thrive at tigers with less pressure and stronger culture.

Who would you trade along with our pick?

Who would you trade along with our pick?
Looking at our uncontracted players, there doesn't seem to be too much that could interest them. I'm thinking that Batch might pipe their interests, but to be perfectly honest, I like him in Richmond colours and think he's going to be a very good footballer for us. I doubt the Dees would be interested in Dea or Elton either.
Someone mentioned Foley/Jackson before but I can't see either of them wanting to leave. It's a toughy, we might have to involve a 3rd party to get it done.

* off with our r1 pick neither have est themselves to be A grade talents which is what first rounders are reserved for , r2 no problem

**** off with our r1 pick neither have est themselves to be A grade talents which is what first rounders are reserved for , r2 no problem
I think Grimes has shown that he has A-Grade talent. That said, injuries have crippled his output recently, but back when he was dominating, it would have cost a 1st round and more just for him alone. Trengove's output hasn't matched with his talent and think he would be worth a late first, early second simply due to him being an elite junior. Together I think our first round + steak knives would be a fair deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back